MitsuLAN

I didn't read the thread for a long time...but I don't think it was a scam. He just couldn't handle everything. Way to ambitious to start off.

Imposter said:
I didn't read the thread for a long time...but I don't think it was a scam. He just couldn't handle everything. Way to ambitious to start off.

He struck me as a semi-rich kid with a majorly unhealthy drive to try and impress his e-friends by throwing THE WORLD'S BIGGEST LAN EVENT despite the fact that a kid like him could never hope to turn a profit or even break even by throwing such a thing out of the blue, with no prior street cred, as his very first LAN event.

That's why I'm inclined to believe he was completely serious and at least close to as rich as he said he was...growing up with a decent amount of Daddy's money to play with but spending a lot of time making e-buddies rather than real ones seems like it would give a kid like him an unhealthy perspective on how to win fame and fortune.

Hopefully he's taking this all in good fun, I'd kinda hate to think that he took our lack of faith as a major offense and his own failure to meet his lofty promises as a defining failure in his life.

Last edited:
Ben Reed said:
Hopefully he's taking this ... as a major offense and his own failure to meet his lofty promises as a defining failure in his life.
I just wish he'd post again. He thinks we're all meanies and quashed his dream. :hrm:

I think anytime you bite off far more than you can chew, and when people are laughing at you and pointing out your huge bulging cheeks, you should think about what you are doing... I mean really think about it.

He didn't.

To me, that just reeks of "youth". Inexperience + overeagerness + overconfidence. Only time and experience can remedy that shit. He should consider this one helluva learning experience.

CelticLegend said:
I think anytime you bite off far more than you can chew, and when people are laughing at you and pointing out your huge bulging cheeks, you should think about what you are doing... I mean really think about it.

He didn't.

To me, that just reeks of "youth". Inexperience + overeagerness + overconfidence. Only time and experience can remedy that shit. He should consider this one helluva learning experience.

you are right, but he did a hell of a lot more to work on his dream and to reach high than most anyone else ever does. To have a goal as lofty as mitsulan and to even get it half accomplished or planned is a success IMO.

Many sucessful people failed miserably many many times before getting it right.

What I will judge him on is not the fact that mistulan was a failure, but how he responds to his failure. If he wallows in self-pity and depression, then he deserves all the shit we have given him. If he rises up humbly and learns from his mistakes and then continues to reach for his dreams, then he is a good man...better than most of TW.

gibsonic said:
you are right, but he did a hell of a lot more to work on his dream and to reach high than most anyone else ever does. To have a goal as lofty as mitsulan and to even get it half accomplished or planned is a success IMO.

What I will judge him on is not the fact that mistulan was a failure, but how he responds to his failure. If he wallows in self-pity and depression, then he deserves all the shit we have given him. If he rises up humbly and learns from his mistakes and then continues to reach for his dreams, then he is a good man...better than most of TW.

give it up smurf

gibsonic said:

but he didnt do any work, thats what people were trying to tell him. you cant attempt a 5000 man lan when a: its your first lan and b: even 6 months out you havent done anything in the way of advertising but 'tell all the hot chicks'.

I can appreciate the vision involved, and i can definately appreciate him going for something when people were telling him it was fucked...but in this case..it WAS fucked..in so many directions from no advertising, to the date, to the games..

and here is juggerretard preaching (and saying the same fucking thing) for the 30th time in this thread.

Back