[My workout]My workout plan. by <_GroveR_> - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [My workout]My workout plan.
<_GroveR_>
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 01-26-2011, 11:57
Alright, I figured I'd go ahead and post my weekly workout in case there was someone who was interested in switching it up a little or perhaps just trying something new. This is a mixture of some things that have worked for me in the past as well as a plan that my buddy had showed me a while back. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it has worked well for me. If anything I'd say it's worth a shot and you can at least tweak it accordingly. Before I go on, I should note that I understand that not all of these exercises are super-efficient compound exercises. I do like to "keep my muscles guessing" as they say and switch it up. Also, it alleviates some of my gym boredom. Another reason I only lift two times a week is because I was finding I wasn't getting enough recovery time between workouts. This way I have plenty of time to rest and can always push myself 100%. Without further ado:

Weeks one and three (low reps, high weight) exercise list:

A - Do each of these exercises with as much weight as you can do 4-6 times each set without losing form, 25 reps total:

1.)Bench press (barbell or dumbell)
2.)Pull-ups (add weight if applicable)
3.)Deadlift

B - Do each of these exercises with as much weight as you can do 10-12 times each set without losing form, 40 reps total:

1.)Dumbell shoulder press
2.)Single-arm row
3.)Lunges

C-Do each of these exercises with as much weight as you can do 2-3 times each set without losing form, 15 reps total:

1.)Barbell Row
2.)Dips (add weight if applicable)
3.)Squats

Weeks two and four (higher rep, average weight) exercise list:

D - Do each of these exercises with as much weight as you can do 10 times each set, three sets total.

1.)Bench press
2.)Bicep Curl
3.)Leg Press
4.)Shoulder Press
5.)Leg Curl
6.)Lat Pulldown
7.)Tricep Pulldown
8.)Leg Extensions

The following is how I set up my monthly schedule. I work out Monday through Friday each week, and I alternate between the “heavy” week and the “regular” week plans.

Week 1
M – Workout A
T – Cardio/Abs
W – Cardio
R – Cardio/Abs
F – Workout C

Week 2
M – Workout D
T – Cardio/Abs
W – Cardio
R – Cardio/Abs
F – Workout D

Week 3
M – Workout B
T – Cardio/Abs
W – Cardio
R – Cardio/Abs
F – Workout C

Week 4
M – Workout D
T – Cardio/Abs
W – Cardio
R – Cardio/Abs
F – Workout D

If someone tries this, please let me know how it goes. Also, if anyone has any questions about exercises (I didn't really talk about the abs or cardio) or substituting certain exercises for others, feel free to ask me in this thread or PM me. Thanks for checking this out.

Sponsored Links
Soup
Soup++
Contributor
Old
2 - 01-26-2011, 13:37
gonna need more pics of your bod to see if it's working

Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 01-26-2011, 14:23
dick pics too

soup said

<_GroveR_>
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 01-26-2011, 14:54
I took care of both of your requests the last time... remember the quad pics turned crotch-grab? Mmmmmmmm.

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 01-26-2011, 16:18
just a friendly reminder, there is no such thing as "muscle confusion" or whatever

Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 01-26-2011, 16:26
I have no qualms about whether 'muscle confusion' exists or not...

I do think there is a HUGE psychological aspect to weights and just about everything in fitness. While 'changing it up' may do nothing for muscle activation or whatever it is they say muscle confusion is, I think it's good for you in one way or the other.

<_GroveR_>
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 01-26-2011, 17:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
just a friendly reminder, there is no such thing as "muscle confusion" or whatever
Yeah, what Phantred said. I like doing different things, and of course some exercises may work a muscle group, but others may focus on one. I just like switching it up. It works for me, so I suggest it.

BeLiaL
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 01-27-2011, 00:25
yea, if that's what you, specifically, have to do to stick with your gameplan, then go for it

the quickest path to your destination is a straight line is all i was saying

DropSquad
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 01-27-2011, 08:48
not to derail, but i think the biggest part of a new routine and "muscle confusion" is that you might hit secondary and tertiary muscles harder with a new exercise than before.

So now you eventually go back to your old work out and all the sudden you have all these little guys working that much harder that were not before, you lift more, and you say "man, that muscle confusion **** works so much more" when really its just you being better rounded.

<_GroveR_>
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 01-27-2011, 12:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropSquad View Post
not to derail, but i think the biggest part of a new routine and "muscle confusion" is that you might hit secondary and tertiary muscles harder with a new exercise than before.

So now you eventually go back to your old work out and all the sudden you have all these little guys working that much harder that were not before, you lift more, and you say "man, that muscle confusion **** works so much more" when really its just you being better rounded.
I regret every typing the words "muscle confusion". I think what you just said there is how I've kind of thought of it, you just expressed it much better. Thanks.

Denver
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 01-27-2011, 17:01
How about instead of that, you do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_KHh_c6Ha4

NiceBoy
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 01-27-2011, 19:11
compound exercises? check

sounds like a great plan to me

<_GroveR_>
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 01-27-2011, 19:24
Nice Denver.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [My workout]My workout plan.

Social Website Bullshit