Originally Posted by TrojanMan421 View Post
why is genome editing bad?
Because we are idiots.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
63 - 11-28-2018, 23:15
Perhaps if we put a moratorium of gene editing on Earth and only allowed it on settled planets with one way tickets it might be a good idea.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
64 - 11-28-2018, 23:19
Azns w/ black guy penises would be an unstoppable force

Or they will sprout legs from their backs when they turn 12

Prolly just develop all kinds of insane cancer

cael
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 11-28-2018, 23:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
im good with that

you good with reimbursing what they paid in?
no that's not how taxes work

besides then it wouldn't be a $2 trillion cut herp derp

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
66 - 11-28-2018, 23:41
ppl have been poisoning other ppl since forever

the industrial revolution made it way easier to dose masses of ppl with drugs through blanket fog and pollution tho

this is nothing new

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 11-28-2018, 23:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
I am a nice guy - here is a pair of Wellies for anyone else wading through my mire
Le Chameau Wellies (Made In China)

MadHatSam
VeteranX
Old
68 - 11-29-2018, 00:21
So Scooby ditched his kid for some sideways *****?

Is the tl;dr here?

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
69 - 11-29-2018, 00:38
Scooby definitely did not ditch his kid.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
70 - 11-29-2018, 00:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooBySnaCk View Post
see that is a dumb stereotype. I had no feeling of oppression or government involvement at all. My girl is from there are we just had a great time.
You're a ****ing tourist spending money.

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
71 - 11-29-2018, 00:47
****'s cleaner cause human labor is so cheap. city services/infrastructure can be funded for "pennies on the dollar" cause theres too many people and too low wages. saw the exact same thing in mexico city. walk to a park or use the subway and theres a batallion of people there working city services

consultant
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 11-29-2018, 08:05
Just passed through Hong Kong Airport and was not impressed at all. Had to ride a bus to board connecting flight... Inchoen is 10 times better. Cathy Pacific was pretty bad all my check in bags were 2 days late, going back to Asiana Airlines.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
73 - 11-29-2018, 12:59
Huawei have their manufacturing base in Shenzhen. 150,000 people in one campus. And half of them are doing R&D. Let that sink in for a while.

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
74 - 11-29-2018, 13:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan421 View Post
why is genome editing bad?
Do you want to create a global dystopia? Because genome editing is a surefire way to create a global dystopia.
This scientist was only able to do this because he was in China where law and ethics and government oversight are a joke. By this time next year there will be carts and stalls in all the street markets in China offering genetic tailoring and shortly after that these mutants will band together...

covenant
VeteranXV
Old
75 - 11-29-2018, 14:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
i got no problem getting rid of social entitlement programs, we should start with all that **** for old people

gimme my 2.3 trillion back so we can get some modern infrastructure in our cities

if we just cut social security and medicare/medicaid/chip/aca that's 2 trillion dollars in the bank right there
As an old timer (59) I say give me my 1.3 million dollars (or so) that I***8217;ve invested in the S.S. program over the last 45 years and go ahead and cut the program.

Social Security is a retirement investment scheme forced upon me ... not an entitlement program.

Go learn yo***8217;self.

cael
VeteranXX
Old
76 - 11-29-2018, 14:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by covenant View Post
As an old timer (59) I say give me my 1.3 million dollars (or so) that I***8217;ve invested in the S.S. program over the last 45 years and go ahead and cut the program.

Social Security is a retirement investment scheme forced upon me ... not an entitlement program.

Go learn yo***8217;self.
social security is an entitlement program

social security pays out taxes from those currently working to those who aren't working. you do not have an account like a 401k where the funds are held in trust, benefits are paid out until death and you can even get spousal benefits.

it's just welfare for old people made to look like a pension plan so they don't feel bad about being welfare queens. same thing with medicare

covenant
VeteranXV
Old
77 - 11-29-2018, 14:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
social security is an entitlement program

social security pays out taxes from those currently working to those who aren't working. you do not have an account like a 401k where the funds are held in trust, benefits are paid out until death and you can even get spousal benefits.

it's just welfare for old people made to look like a pension plan so they don't feel bad about being welfare queens. same thing with medicare
It wasn’t set up that way. When the program started to glut with cash Pres.Eisenhower thought it would be a good idea to “borrow” the cash and leave I.O.U.s in the account. The money I put in (and matched by my employer) was real cash earning real interest. As usual the government run program went all to hell and calling it an entitlement program doesn’t make it one. Getting free cash without prior input or investment (like food stamps) is an entitlement (hand out.)

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
78 - 11-29-2018, 14:49
China tried to assassinate POTUS last night.

**** CHINA

Quote:
The money I put in (and matched by my employer) was real cash earning real interest. As usual the government run program went all to hell and calling it an entitlement program doesn***8217;t make it one. Getting free cash without prior input or investment (like food stamps) is an entitlement (hand out.)
Correct. For example. When I was on disability my monthly amount was based on my work credits.

Last edited by StapleMammal1; 11-29-2018 at 14:52..
cael
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 11-29-2018, 15:07
Quote:
It wasn***8217;t set up that way. When the program started to glut with cash Pres.Eisenhower thought it would be a good idea to ***8220;borrow***8221; the cash and leave I.O.U.s in the account. The money I put in (and matched by my employer) was real cash earning real interest. As usual the government run program went all to hell and calling it an entitlement program doesn***8217;t make it one. Getting free cash without prior input or investment (like food stamps) is an entitlement (hand out.)
social security has been paying out benefits to retirees well beyond what they put in since the very start of the program. again it's a direct transfer from tax payers to retirees. you don't have an account with social security, they aren't holding the money in trust for you, and the benefits you receive are unbounded by what you paid in.

it's a welfare program that transfers taxes from those who pay in to those who are receiving benefits. just because you feel entitled to get paid out because you paid your taxes doesn't change what the program is.

Last edited by cael; 11-29-2018 at 15:11..
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
80 - 11-29-2018, 15:12
Quote:
welfare is a poverty insurance scheme forced upon me ... not an entitlement program.
we can keep doing this with every entitlement program, fact is my taxes pay your ss

Page 4 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Just back from China

Social Website Bullshit