[Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread by Android1 - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread
Page 8 of 183
{FSC}Godfather
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
141 - 04-13-2010, 09:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
will hockeytown be able to sell tickets?

TUNE IN TO FIND OUT
When they move out of Detoilet and to the palace of Auburn hills next year sure they will.

Too bad it will only be for a few years, then back to the ****hole.

Sponsored Links
h4rdluck
VeteranX
Old
142 - 04-13-2010, 09:30
as much as id like to see washington goto the stanly cup, their team is cursed. No way they make it past quarter finals. As is typical.

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
143 - 04-13-2010, 09:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScream View Post
Ummm the Leafs have no brains, period

Someone must have put a curse on them after the 67 cup

Useless idiots trade McDonald away, Courtnall for Kordic, Kurvers for should have been Lindros but then traded EVERYONE so was Neidemeyer, Kessell for 1st round (2nd lottery pick)

Put no skill Gill at defense even though he played juniors at wing, put Kaberle on defense when he scores a ton but sucks at defense and really should be wing.

Once they get rid of Wilson they might have a chance but until then it is status quo for my hockey team

Oh yeah and they really need to trade Beauchemin, that useless excuse of a defender has no concept of player positioning at all, let alone how to clear the front of the net
Are you seriously suggesting they put Kabby on the wing?

I still stand by the fact the Leafs have one of the better D cores in the league. The numbers dont show it this year, but I blame Toskalol for most of that. Not only did his number sucks ass, you could tell the team had no confidence in front of him.

As for the Kessel trade, if he continues to play like he did at the end of the season I can see him putting up 35+ goals/75 pts next year. The guy is 22 years old, it's not like they traded for some 35 year old vet. Obviously losing a top 3 pick is brutal, but I expect the leafs to be a lot better next year - I don't think the pick will be nearly as high next year.

Sorry for derailing.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
144 - 04-13-2010, 09:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post
I still stand by the fact the Leafs have one of the better D cores in the league. The numbers dont show it this year, but I blame Toskalol for most of that. Not only did his number sucks ass, you could tell the team had no confidence in front of him.
Do you really blame a single goaltender for the ****ty year? What about the year before when Toskala was 22-17-11? Or the year before when he was 35-25? Toronto has a history of taking good goaltenders and making them bad. Raycroft and Toskala are two of them.

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
145 - 04-13-2010, 09:58
Yeah we made potvin, cujo, and belfour look awful.

Quote:
Toskala's performance was particularly damaging. He entered the year as the No. 1 goaltender and was ominously pulled in the second game after allowing three goals to Washington in just 20 minutes. It didn't get much better after that.

"Yeah, I did lose a little bit of confidence in Vesa at the beginning and he probably felt it," said Wilson. "He probably felt it from his teammates because he was continuing where he left off."
Most leaf fans will blame Toskala. The guy is ****ING TERRIBLE. His first year he was decent. Last year I still defended him based on his first year (ask Pagy, he probably still thinks I am moron for defending the guy all year).

This year was enough - the guy is a wreck. You were assured two goals a game that a 12 year old could stop. How do you play D in front of a goalie that cant stop a beach ball?

TF_Grungir
VeteranXV
Old
146 - 04-13-2010, 10:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by {FSC}Godfather View Post
When they move out of Detoilet and to the palace of Auburn hills next year sure they will.

Too bad it will only be for a few years, then back to the ****hole.
I will actually go to games in auburn hills. I ****ing HATE driving downtown.
At least there is parking at the Joe though... Ford field/Comerica is pure ass. I went to the home opener for the Lions a few years back. I dont think i want to deal with that headache again though.

SonGohan
VeteranXX
Old
147 - 04-13-2010, 11:06
That, and the constant flow of ****ing bums trying to sell you pins for 5 dollars, and if you refuse they follow you to the entrance.

Mitsubishi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
148 - 04-13-2010, 11:46
Quote:
Yeah we made potvin, cujo, and belfour look awful.

Most leaf fans will blame Toskala. The guy is ****ING TERRIBLE. His first year he was decent. Last year I still defended him based on his first year (ask Pagy, he probably still thinks I am moron for defending the guy all year).

This year was enough - the guy is a wreck. You were assured two goals a game that a 12 year old could stop. How do you play D in front of a goalie that cant stop a beach ball?
ask the penguins.

{FSC}Godfather
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
149 - 04-13-2010, 11:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
That, and the constant flow of ****ing bums trying to sell you pins for 5 dollars, and if you refuse they follow you to the entrance.
If they are doing the train **** they need a no stop express royal oak to downtown line.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
150 - 04-13-2010, 11:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
they smell fear on you

DVADER
VeteranXX
Old
151 - 04-13-2010, 12:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubishi View Post
(1) Washington vs. (8) Montreal 5 games
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Philadelphia 7 games
(3) Buffalo vs. (6) Boston 7 games
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Ottawa 5 games

West:
(1) San Jose vs. (8) Colorado 7 games
(2) Chicago vs. (7) Nashville 7 games
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Los Angeles 4 games
(4) Phoenix vs. (5) Detroit 6 games

semis

Washington vs. Pittsburgh 7 games
Buffalo vs. Philadelphia

San Jose vs Detroit
Vancouver vs. Chicago

conference

Pittsburgh vs. Buffalo
Vancouver vs. Detroit

Stanley cup

Me vs Skillz

Seeding, you are doing it wrong.

Sparty
VeteranXV
Old
152 - 04-13-2010, 12:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4rdluck View Post
as much as id like to see washington goto the stanly cup, their team is cursed. No way they make it past quarter finals. As is typical.
Except when they made it to the stanley cup finals against detroit.

arsin
Veteran++
Old
153 - 04-13-2010, 12:10
Quote:
Are you seriously suggesting they put Kabby on the wing?

As for the Kessel trade, if he continues to play like he did at the end of the season I can see him putting up 35+ goals/75 pts next year. The guy is 22 years old, it's not like they traded for some 35 year old vet. Obviously losing a top 3 pick is brutal, but I expect the leafs to be a lot better next year - I don't think the pick will be nearly as high next year.

Sorry for derailing.
This post reminds me of a few phrases: "there's always hope" or "hope everlasting." Or maybe "there's always an excuse."

No this is it: "We'll do better next year" which we hear ever year.

Fun Facts about the Leafs:
- haven't won a Stanley in 43 years
- haven't made the playoffs in 5-6 years? (maybe longer)
- sold out for the next century

/derail

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
154 - 04-13-2010, 12:17
The problem with the Leafs is and has always been they are completely against just sucking it up and going on a 3+ year rebuilding cycle.

Burke comes in and cleans house, then suddenly makes a strong play for Kessel and gives up valuable picks in the process. That's bass-ackwards. Good teams give up picks to make a run while bad teams dump players and stockpile picks. Not that the Kessel deal was horrible on its own, but it is the kind of thing where winning sooner becomes key and you end up going nowhere fast.

Keep those picks and draft your own Kessel.

The Leafs do both/neither in a half-assed sort of way. Kessel was great for them and will probably get better, but they take one step forward and two steps back. Now what do they have to build around him?

Mitsubishi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
155 - 04-13-2010, 12:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVADER View Post
Seeding, you are doing it wrong.
o**** you are right :o

ninja EDIT!

DVADER
VeteranXX
Old
156 - 04-13-2010, 12:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubishi View Post
o**** you are right :o

ninja EDIT!
Also, why are so many people picking the flyers over NJ?

Is it because NJ always chokes in the first round?

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
157 - 04-13-2010, 12:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVADER View Post
Also, why are so many people picking the flyers over NJ?

Is it because NJ always chokes in the first round?
NJ has not looked great in the last few playoffs. Brodeur sometimes can look average and at age 37 may not be the lock he once was. Playing him back to back to end the season makes me wonder if he has another deep run in him? He's looked great lately though.

Philly's goalie situation is a nightmare, but if they can get a hot goalie between the pipes, they have the talent everywhere else to upset.

HeLLrAiSr
VeteranXV
Old
158 - 04-13-2010, 12:31
Devils win the cup. LEARN THAT

Mitsubishi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
159 - 04-13-2010, 12:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
NJ has not looked great in the last few playoffs. Brodeur sometimes can look average and at age 37 may not be the lock he once was. Playing him back to back to end the season makes me wonder if he has another deep run in him? He's looked great lately though.

Philly's goalie situation is a nightmare, but if they can get a hot goalie between the pipes, they have the talent everywhere else to upset.
blah blah blah, this is not why...

the Flyers beat NJ 5-1 in their series this year and outscored them a lot. They are the mother****ing antidote for my penguins not having to deal with NJ.

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
160 - 04-13-2010, 12:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
The problem with the Leafs is and has always been they are completely against just sucking it up and going on a 3+ year rebuilding cycle.

Burke comes in and cleans house, then suddenly makes a strong play for Kessel and gives up valuable picks in the process. That's bass-ackwards. Good teams give up picks to make a run while bad teams dump players and stockpile picks. Not that the Kessel deal was horrible on its own, but it is the kind of thing where winning sooner becomes key and you end up going nowhere fast.

Keep those picks and draft your own Kessel.

The Leafs do both/neither in a half-assed sort of way. Kessel was great for them and will probably get better, but they take one step forward and two steps back. Now what do they have to build around him?
Luke Schenn, Kadri (who is dominating the OHL playoffs), Bozak (leading rookie PPG player), The Monster (showing flashes that he can be an good #1 Goalie...we'll wait and see though), Stalberg, Gunnarsson, Kulemin, Phaneuf, Kaberle (who probably will be moved for a top 6 forward).

Since the deadline, after they moved half the team to Calgary, the Leafs put up 25 points. Over a season that is 102 points. I'm not saying they are a 100 point team, but their are finally positives in this team.

I thought they would be in the 10-12 range this year, and I wrong. Looking forward, I see us pushing for 8th/9th next year, assuming guys continue developing and they can grab a top 6 forward.

Anyway enough of trying to defend my ****ty ass team - as much as I hate them, I really think Vancouver could win this year.

Page 8 of 183

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
canuck!!!! , ender has herpes , leafs suck , legless dogs , meat was here , my horse is amazing , odio is a fucking faggot , odio is a fucking retard , raped wings , sharks eat chicken wings , sharks gon get raped , sharks gonna win , they took my cup , they took my son , this thread is a shitshow , where pens fans go?