soulcalibur 4 you got it? by WildKnight - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page soulcalibur 4 you got it?
Page 5 of 8
Golazo
Old
81 - 07-31-2008, 21:29
nightmare looks pretty sweet in thi sversion

Sponsored Links
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
82 - 07-31-2008, 21:42
Yeah, he's a lot more badass looking than in previous games.

Trem_r
VeteranX
Old
83 - 07-31-2008, 22:02
Anyone looking forward to Mortal Kombat vs DC?

ChaoStar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
84 - 07-31-2008, 22:08
yes and SFIV and Tekken 6

fighters are making a comeback

WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
85 - 07-31-2008, 22:29
**** that noise, i want my MvsC3

[SHiN]AkumA
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 07-31-2008, 23:07
on a slightly different note: Ben, have you played God Hand? im on the second to last level, and the game is sick. i had no idea it would be like this (super awesome)

Oktane
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 07-31-2008, 23:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeptaur View Post
AND THE SOUL STILL BURNS
I always love the cheesy **** the announcer says. Like

THE CURTAIN RAISES. THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BY HISTORY PREPARE FOR FINAL BATTLE.

RoomOnFire
VeteranX
Old
88 - 08-01-2008, 00:26
PS3 controller is so much better than 360 for fighting games, but I don't want PS3 if it has no/****ty online support

Stig
VeteranXX
Old
89 - 08-01-2008, 00:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Reed View Post

And that, ladies and gentlemen - is the principal problem with the typical gamer's approach to these games -- you can't just go in blind and expect to beat ass without getting your ass beat in return by somebody who's stopped to practice. It wasn't true for Tribes, it wasn't true for WoW (lol), and it won't be true for SC4.

Do yourselves a favor and play around in Practice Mode before you do ANYTHING in-game. Don't just press buttons randomly and expect magic to happen. Cultivate your skills and make your OWN magic.

Personally, I'd give that man a medal. Unless he was a girl. Then I'd get all shy and crap.
I did practice, beat a few of the modes and went 2/3rds of the way up the tower before trying online 2 days later. I was hoping that I wouldn't get demolished being that it had only been released on Tuesday and most ppl would be relatively fresh to it. However; as I stated: it comes down to time...I can only play for about an hour (maybe 2) depending on the day, and a lot of these kids have been living the game for the past few days (school holidays or whatever) and will completely stuff my **** each and everytime...sort of demoralizing for the person who can't avidly game anymore.

So woe is me etc. I had my fun in the starcraft/tribes era

Last edited by Stig; 08-01-2008 at 00:35..
Slobax
VeteranX
Old
90 - 08-01-2008, 02:47
so i buckled and picked this game up

and a hori fighting stick because the 360 d-pad blows ass and using a controller for a fighting game just seems so wrong

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
91 - 08-01-2008, 02:54
I will crush your **** with Kilik. When I get it. If I get it.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
92 - 08-01-2008, 17:37
Ok, I am really liking The Apprentice, he's pretty damn powerful. Yoda isn't nearly as crazy as he probably could be speed-wise, but I feel like he's getting a lot better as he levels up. Still stick with Killik for the most part, but that Scythe guy is pretty cool as well.

Oktane
VeteranXV
Old
93 - 08-01-2008, 17:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobax View Post
so i buckled and picked this game up

and a hori fighting stick because the 360 d-pad blows ass and using a controller for a fighting game just seems so wrong
how are you liking that fighting stick? This is really the only fighting game that I like, but I've been debating the past few days whether I should pick up a stick for this or not, and if so, which one should I get.

Madend
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 08-01-2008, 17:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
I did practice, beat a few of the modes and went 2/3rds of the way up the tower before trying online 2 days later. I was hoping that I wouldn't get demolished being that it had only been released on Tuesday and most ppl would be relatively fresh to it. However; as I stated: it comes down to time...I can only play for about an hour (maybe 2) depending on the day, and a lot of these kids have been living the game for the past few days (school holidays or whatever) and will completely stuff my **** each and everytime...sort of demoralizing for the person who can't avidly game anymore.

So woe is me etc. I had my fun in the starcraft/tribes era
or it could be people who have been playing the soul calibur series for years. during my freshman year we had a ps2 in our suite and we played a few rounds nearly every day, bet quesadillas and **** on the outcome, got really good at it in the process. we got SC3 once it came out a year or so later and could more or less kick ass at it immediately as some characters are recurring and hold over a good portion of their moves so you just have to get a hang of the changes.

don't have a ps3/x360 atm so haven't tried out this version yet

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
95 - 08-01-2008, 17:53
I ran into a guy online who had a Nightmare-style custom character, managed to juggle me for my entire health bar with one move. It was so lame.

Golazo
Old
96 - 08-01-2008, 18:01
online's lag makes the gameplay biased towards all out attack. the lag really ****s with blocking since when the defender blocks, his next attack is lagged comparing to the attacker's chain combo that's going off

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
97 - 08-01-2008, 18:24
Yeah, the only time I manage any breaks is if I just kind of guess when the person will attack, there is serious delay in the online, atleast so far. I'm gonna try resetting my cable modem and routers tonight to see if they are just getting bogged up again.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
98 - 08-01-2008, 19:44
I'll buy it this weekend.

Xbox: LCDR Data

WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
99 - 08-01-2008, 23:24
the 360 version has just gotten it's first bit of DLC. all the music from SC3, and the costume parts for all the primary characters from SC3.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
100 - 08-01-2008, 23:28
That's kind of neato.

Page 5 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page soulcalibur 4 you got it?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
i retrospective