How about those video games, huh? by Zombee - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How about those video games, huh?
Page 3 of 6
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
41 - 10-15-2020, 00:20
Ballin outta control

Sponsored Links
LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 10-15-2020, 00:45
doin a flight through okinawa r now
me and the ladyfren goin there next month

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 10-15-2020, 03:46
I'm mostly playing multiplayer games, but i decided to go and check out Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and honestly i'm having a lot of fun with that game. It's pretty well done imo.

Been playing on my Switch a lot as well. Planning to play some JRPG's on it. Currently working my way through Octopath Tralever. Love just being able to lay in bed and play some game in the evening.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
44 - 10-15-2020, 10:22
Get one of these when they come out. My next PC will feature this for my Steam drive.

Rocket 4 Plus Sabrent

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 10-15-2020, 10:37
if i end up finding a new xbox, im actually excited to play through assassins creed valhalla.

after that, hoping the star wars rogue squadron type game is fun to play with the bros

Greedo909
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 10-16-2020, 02:14
AC kinda lost me with Origins and Odyssey, they're fun for a while and look great, but the rpg gameplay loop and traversing the insanely huge but sparse maps becomes a repetitive and monotonous grind after several hours(have played through almost every AC game, but never finished these 2)

I pretty much just play Rocket League as far as mp(stuck at plat 1/2)--anyone else still play?

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 10-16-2020, 02:27
flew through the himalayas earlier 2day

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 10-16-2020, 03:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
if i end up finding a new xbox, im actually excited to play through assassins creed valhalla.

after that, hoping the star wars rogue squadron type game is fun to play with the bros
I managed to get a pre-order in from Microsoft. It's for my soon-to-be 19 year old kid, though. I figure I will pick one up later at some point. They are a big step up from the older Xbox. Even the S is pretty decent. I still have a Microsoft Xbox One X 1TB Project Scorpio Edition in a box unused. No idea why they want 900 bucks for these

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 10-16-2020, 08:53
lgbr practicing kamikaze tactics b/c he wants 2b a sneak attack jap

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 10-16-2020, 09:50
I played Turok last night on PC.

IT'S GREAT!

Skipperlipicus
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 10-16-2020, 12:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBR View Post

what video card are you running this on? do you know if they've added vr support yet?

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
52 - 10-16-2020, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperlipicus View Post
what video card are you running this on? do you know if they've added vr support yet?
rtx 3090

no VR yet
supposedly its in closed beta testing now

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 10-16-2020, 13:37
I used to love Ms flight Sim, but after actually flying a plane it became super boring.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 10-16-2020, 13:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
I managed to get a pre-order in from Microsoft. It's for my soon-to-be 19 year old kid, though. I figure I will pick one up later at some point. They are a big step up from the older Xbox. Even the S is pretty decent. I still have a Microsoft Xbox One X 1TB Project Scorpio Edition in a box unused. No idea why they want 900 bucks for these
the S is an interesting product...given most people should be buying it and saving a ton of money but everyone is paralyzed with the "fast one or **** one" mentality.

the S is literally providing the same experience at 2k...opposed to the X at 4k.

if you showed most people the difference between 2k and 4k and asked them to bet 200$ on choosing correctly, i doubt many would.
then all the people without 4k tvs.

Skipperlipicus
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 10-16-2020, 13:50
Quote:
rtx 3090

no VR yet
supposedly its in closed beta testing now
nice. how many frames are you getting?

a local shop has some 3090's on the shelves, but i'm trying to resist the impulse buy and wait it out until the 3080ti comes to market.

do you have vr? have you noticed big performance gains in vr games on the 3090?

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
56 - 10-16-2020, 14:11
Quote:

[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630199026737741846/766522636158894090/unknown.png[img]
That's great, but did you **** them?

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 10-16-2020, 14:15
data i seriously and without overt malice would like to inquire...what ever happened to star citizen? i seriously have no clue what happened there

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 10-16-2020, 15:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
data i seriously and without overt malice would like to inquire...what ever happened to star citizen? i seriously have no clue what happened there
The opposite of what happened with Elite Dangerous.

Braben mapped out a 10-year plan to release a basic-but-playable game mode built on a massive sandbox universe with a codebase that would allow them to add major gameplay mechanics as they went, provided the game (and its modest cosmetic store) was even moderately successful.

Roberts saw dollar signs and from basically Day One decided he wanted everything and the kitchen sink at launch, and he was going to try and develop two competing games at the same time -- one in near secrecy -- while selling empty promises to the fans to keep the lights on, and delivering scraps and missed deadlines with little or no communication.

You couldn't find two more perfect examples in all of gaming history. They both announced in the same year with similar goals and Frontier has beaten CIG to the punch at every single turn. Star Citizen is the poster child for how not to build a crowdfunded game.

In short, Chris Roberts is a **** project manager.

That said, it is still going somehow and just released another quarterly public build alongside a major "we're sorry, here's the info we've been keeping from you" video series update. It's a "playable" alpha with a small number of barebones gameplay loops and pretty graphics.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 10-16-2020, 16:07
To be fair, Roberts laid out his "Twelve Pillars" in 2018 (Road to Release) and they have completed all but three of them: Org System, Global Persistence and Server Meshing. When those core technologies are complete they will move the PU into beta and that largely frees up PU development to focus on content delivery -- they still haven't completed a single star system of the promised 100 systems. But I don't anticipate they'll be done with core tech before 2022 because a lot of development effort was moved to Squadron 42 this year in an effort to finally polish and ship that product.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 10-16-2020, 18:47

Page 3 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How about those video games, huh?

Social Website Bullshit