[T1 Release] TRIBES 2015

dang if we had had the combo of the fishstix thread in /r/games and the other one in /r/gaming i think that would have inflated t1's populations a lot more than the somethingawful forum's goonswarm shithole style server ever did in t2

maybe the /r/games thread that fishstix made will do it on its own tho and get even more ppl, lets hope

spy's video is up 8k views from this morning to 20k

goonhaven lasted as long as it did bc t2 is actually a good game, even with the shittiest map rotation known to man

nobody's gonna stick around w/t1 cause it's shit by comparison

if you had any perspective on the people that play fps games u'd understand why a t1 remake cannot happen. it is untenable.

Let's talk about this again. I'll just use keywords to say what I think.

T2 T1 shit better missile launcher base classic LT gamer fuck dead bad broken lol homosexual best physics strategy depth dick ice cream you

if ur talkin about games that people would actually spend money on and play, then yeah

who u think is gonna be spending the vast majority of money on a tribes game? the comp players or the shitters that like to play in 64 man vehicle servers w/fortress bases? newbs don't want to play lt and never will

jesus christ use your brain

if ur talkin about games that people would actually spend money on and play, then yeah

who u think is gonna be spending the vast majority of money on a tribes game? the comp players or the shitters that like to play in 64 man vehicle servers w/fortress bases? newbs don't want to play lt and never will

jesus christ use your brain

so basically you want tribes to cater to the CoD/Halo kids.

k, ya no. thats not the tribes im looking for... they already tried that bullshit with T:A

t2 catered to cod/halo kids and proj is a t2 kid so the e-sport speed of something like t1 LT frightens him he needs autolocking missiles and can;t handle the high team work and individual demands of t1 LT and instead needs something with safety rails and more basic shallow metagame so he can pretend to be a decent chaser

t2 catered to cod/halo kids and proj is a t2 kid so the e-sport speed of something like t1 LT frightens him he needs autolocking missiles and can;t handle the high team work and individual demands of t1 LT and instead needs something with safety rails and more basic shallow metagame so he can pretend to be a decent chaser

proj is a good gamer, he would be good in t1 if he played... Your blind hatred of a vaporware game is a bit odd dare ;p

proj was t2's dare. thats whats really funny.

proj is more similar to rtcll than me because of the huge ego and pride (he also gets bothered pretty easy 2)

he has a huge ego and got put in place for claiming to be the best chaser ever and having a huge undeserved ego by sterio on twl2 forums arguably t2's best chaser but definitely one of the best and a good team player

then later same thing happened to him by me when i told him i was his dad

these were big threads on twl

i dont think proj would be bad at t1 LT at all i think he has the ability and would be in a top team. i just dont think he's experienced something like LT so he doesn't understand why it would fit him. i think if he gave it a week at least of daily pubbing he'd catch on fast. especially the llama or chaser game. and a month or 2 he'd be pro level and actually have an educated opinion. ive played t2 for more than a month or 2 over my life y cant he dothat in t1?

im just trying to illustrate the guarded closed off mind set hes in that keeps him a t2 purist unable to even try t1

i played t2 many times (it was the first tribes i bought and didnt burn) and i love it. i would happily play classic just like i would shifter or ren. i even liked the combat physics of t2 base better than t2classic (like most arena ppl did, and thats y arena in t2 is base mod not classic) and was only upset about the lack of speed in t2 and aesthetic of the terraineverything else was p good generally the same complaints that nat had which were major but not mean

personally i think the highest skill level for a potential esport is n something like t1 5v5 LT, duels, arena, and then any size man team shifter or t1 base and t2classic

and out of all of these id only put t1 LT slightly ahead. i played all of these at a high competitive level (yes even t2)

im not the very best chaser but im good with tribes metagame strategies and positioning this is the only reason i survived in real LT comp and also was beating ppl like skillz (the greatest tribes strategiest wolfpac attack pride ever) in captaining base pus. this wholedare is the best tribes player thing or chaer idk when that came out but i stopped chasing actively before i even played in hawkbats in 2008 and mostly have been LO and then a capper since

if 1 day god tells me t2 was objectively the better game ill be good with it. but imo the majority opinion was t1 was the best game and there are good reasons for it that havent been disproven yet so im gonna keep sticking up for it instead of letting proj dictate what is a good tribes game and isnt

Last edited:
also if some1 want to argue that wolfpac not hte most dominant dynasty of any tribes team in any of the tribes game ever i wuld like 2 becuz they are

44-4 over 2 years LOL gg

id rather play 7v7 but thats me. im bad so i need more peeps to carry me thx

i think this is more a game knowledge and confidence thing than an ability thing for most ppl

they try an LT pu and its 5 man and they have to put the team on their back or some guy like rtcll gonna cg them in .3 secs and hump their body while calling them the faggot

i can see that causing ptsd if u experience it for 25 minutes and were already intimidated or nervous to begin with

Back