in this thread i challenge ANYONE

also he is 300lbs

spends hundreds of hours in wow

suffers from delusions of grandeur

cant quit a forum even after he write 10,00 word quit post

etc

i have been on internet long time since i was small child

i have encounter many things

that quit post was definitely up there on my list of real hardcore melt down it was one step away from an encylopedia dramatica entry with his name address phone number etc

so I'm going to be a lot less like jm5k and a lot more like me. No thread made, just a little blurb here in small print that you might see and might not see. Increase the peace homies.

TT brings out the :sunny: in everyone :)

Originally beginning as a fun way for some real-life friends to play together, The 5000 became a long-standing tribe originating from the Tribes Demo and eventually achieving 17th place on the OGL ladder (pre-reset) by defeating VDI. They continued to play until the OGL ladder reset at which time they retired until Tribes 2, creating various splinter-tribes such as the arena team 667 in the interim. They formally disbanded after several matches in Tribes 2 and many of their players went on to continue in tribes.
Contents [hide]
1 Early History
2 Entrance to and History of OGL Career
3 Tribes 2
4 Tribes Vengeance
5 Members
[edit]
Early History

The 5000 officially began as a tribe shortly after Tribes was released, but the foundations were created much earlier. When visiting a friend at a local Bar and Restaurant, Joemomma5000 overheard an unruly customer bad-mouthing his friend. He turned and called the patron a Jizzcopter5000 and the insult was so ridiculous, the name stuck. That night Joemomma5000 and Jizzcopter5000 loaded Tribes 1, created their names (designed only to mutually grief people and to let people know they were playing 'as a team') and the Tribe that would eventually become The 5000 was born.
Joemomma5000 brought several other friends from school into tribes as well, and pretty soon the three of them were working together every night to push comebacks, get high scores and try to hit each other in the air with discs (Jizzcopter had decided not to continue playing as the game made him feel nauseous). Their names were Essexlord and ibedat. Essex brought another friend of his in (Holysit5000) who then brought another friend in (KMA5000) and eventually they had a team of 5 spending all day dueling outside Raindance. As a side note, somewhere during this time Joemomma5000's Tribes CD was lost, and so his friends all joined the Tribes Demo, which was a fully-functional game minus the maps (although the maps could be imported as could custom maps be made). Several other tribes began to emerge (notably ANGEL, {253}, ESA, [Choco], KSoD and later [FX]), and Tribes Demo essentially became one big duel server.
In order to facilitate an 8v8 match with Furinax [FX] and Angel [ANGEL], The 5000 began recruiting outside of their home town and chose their first outsider with Mortez5000, a 500 ping Finnish player and HoF.
The 5000 began picking up other players from other Tribes and bringing them together for a series of ultimate matches vs ANGEL and FX. The 5000 won each match and followed rumours about "going to full" (the full release of the game) by doing just that. They grabbed several Angel players (Lightemup, Freight Train, Shadowfox, TinyTank etc) and registered on the OGL Ladder in early 1999.
[edit]
Entrance to and History of OGL Career

Playing on the ladder would prove to be difficult but rewarding for the fledgling team. Every week two was two entirely new maps, never seen before, never played before. Every week 3-4 practices learning the maps, forum posts with visual and written map breakdowns of cap routes, suggested strategies and roster changes and every week learning just how different people on "Full" were from people on "Demo". However, even with those massive handicaps, The 5000 went into their first few matches and capped out/shut out right through the 200s and 100s, quickly coming into the Top 50 (which was their goal at the time). Once getting there, the team took a vote and decided that if they could break Top Twenty, they would be considered a decent team and they decided as a group to pursue that goal.
The 5000 began scrimming regularly with another up and coming team Red Death: which helped them to beat teams such as TQM to break top 25. After several successful defensive games (thanking Raindance as a third map choice), The 5000 finally had a chance to break Top Twenty as they challenged [VDI] for 17th place. The game would go to three maps and would be the initial launch of the unsuccessful Tribes TV due to cooperation between VDI's Breaker and The 5000's Joemomma, who were both TsN Shoutcasters at the time, offering observers the chance to watch the game live. Canyon Crusade Deluxe was winding down and a late Mortar kill sent VDI's flag flying right onto the 5000 stand. With less than 20 seconds left The 5000 captured the flag and achieved their goals of breaking Top Twenty.
After the VDI game, several players expressed their wishes in retiring. Having felt that his team had gone as far as they could, and after already losing one co-leader ibedat5000 and about to lose the second one Essexlord5000, Joemomma5000 closed the team and pursued several other teams in both Arena and CTF.
[edit]
Tribes 2

The team did come back briefly for Tribes 2, competing in a half dozen matches until the lack of support and playability caused many to either return to Tribes 1, pursue Tribes LT or quit the Tribes genre altogether.
[edit]
Tribes Vengeance

Several 5k players merged into Team Gangsta $G$ for Tribes Vengeance but that game as well was short lived.

For you poops :kiss:

We should post FTM's history too since you pla..y...ed.... wi...th.. theeeem?

:lol: cool beans

God damn huge fucking nerds in this thread...

You are all distracting my Zabrak from obtaining a new dilithium power converter in the Nefron 5 region of the Seahorse Galaxy...

God I hate nerds.

When visiting a friend at a local Bar and Restaurant, Joemomma5000 overheard an unruly customer bad-mouthing his friend. He turned and called the patron a Jizzcopter5000 and the insult was so ridiculous, the name stuck. That night Joemomma5000 and Jizzcopter5000 loaded Tribes 1, created their names (designed only to mutually grief people and to let people know they were playing 'as a team') and the Tribe that would eventually become The 5000 was born.

grown ass men playing games designed by psychologists to most effectively extract money from lonely shut-ins

the mmo generation is so fucked

starcraft is good cuz it use brain constantly, if not use brain for 2-3 sec u fall behind and lose. lose game = mad - i do not like 2 b mad, esp mad4bad so i dom dom ez

4m.png

4m.png

4m.png
4m.png
4m.png
4m.png
4m.png
4m.png
4m.png
4m.png
4m.png
4m.png