UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin

Throwing a lot of shots that don't land and do no damage should NOT score points. Rampage had excellent head movement and landed far, far more effective strikes

wtf? Did you even watch the fight? An attempted and locked in triangle should score just as many points as a punch that stuns a fighter. Not to mention did you see QJ's leg? How is forrest not "effectively striking or doing damage" he almost broke his fucking knee. It hurt rampage, and you could see it.

Wrestling is part of fighting, and forrest significantly out wrestled rampage everytime it hit the mat. However, rampage did NOT significantly out strike forrest. not when you take the leg kicks and jabs from forrest.

wtf? Did you even watch the fight? An attempted and locked in triangle should score just as many points as a punch that stuns a fighter. Not to mention did you see QJ's leg? How is forrest not "effectively striking or doing damage" he almost broke his fucking knee. It hurt rampage, and you could see it.

Wrestling is part of fighting, and forrest significantly out wrestled rampage everytime it hit the mat. However, rampage did NOT significantly out strike forrest. not when you take the leg kicks and jabs from forrest.

Everytime it hit the mat? Which was what twice? And if by significantly out wrestled, you mean he never wanted more than 2 inches of space between the two of them so he just smothered him and tried to tear open his face by grinding his elbow into him. He didnt attempt anything from the ground. Even the lock was weak, or else Rampage wouldnt have been able to just stand up like that.

I think blitz gets too into it like the announcers. There are far to many times where a fighter gets a weak choke in and one of the announcers is yelling like the fight is about to be over. OOOOOOOH THATS DEEP. And the other guy just moves his head and he is out of it.

what a shooker, the judges went with the fan fav in a snore fest.
ugh, maybe so for the fan fav, although the arena was upset with the decision,

but it was a pretty exciting fight... last 2 rounds were less than stellar with action though...

Everytime it hit the mat? Which was what twice? And if by significantly out wrestled, you mean he never wanted more than 2 inches of space between the two of them so he just smothered him and tried to tear open his face by grinding his elbow into him. He didnt attempt anything from the ground. Even the lock was weak, or else Rampage wouldnt have been able to just stand up like that.

I think blitz gets too into it like the announcers. There are far to many times where a fighter gets a weak choke in and one of the announcers is yelling like the fight is about to be over. OOOOOOOH THATS DEEP. And the other guy just moves his head and he is out of it.

I will agree that in order to take the belt you should significantly beat the champions ass, and barely squeaking by shouldn't be acceptable for a title match, but just talking about TECHNICALLY who won the fight, I can say with 100% certainty that rampage did not win that fight.

The fight was awesome, I don't know what KnightMare was watching.

It was back and forth the entire time, I think Forrest should have really kept up those leg kicks in the 3rd and 4th. I had Rampage winning the 1st, 3rd, and 4th, but Forrest winning 10-8 in the 2nd, and finally a tie in the 5th.

It was a close fight.

I had it scored

10-9 jackson
10-8 forrest
10-9 forrest
10-9 Jackson
10-9 forrest

I think the fight was won in the 2nd round with that damaging leg kick.

I Know nothing about mma but you're the one who thinks a fight with 2 takes down, 1 sub attempt and some jabs was super exciting :lol:

I think most people can agree upon:

1) Rampages punches were mostly powershots, but lots of glancing blows.
2) Forrests blows were mostly leg kicks and non-power shots
3) Rampage won round 1, he had 17 blows connect and a knockdown. Forrest connected 26 blows and was in decent position til the knockdown. 10-9 rampage
4) Forrest won round 2. He connected 49-0 according to fightstats...advanced position, mounted and caused damage. 10-9, 10-8 are arguable.
5) Round 3 Tossup - Rampage connected on 8 blows, forrest on 14, with both the same amount of 'power shots', Rampage would probably win with his connected punches, but forrest stayed busier and had those leg kicks against a wobbly rampage. 10-9 rampage... 10-9 forrest based on judges via volume, either way
6) Round 4 - Rampage won - 36-2 in landed blows - 10-9 rampage
7) Round 5 - Griffin - 22-12 in landed blows - 10-9 forrest

Based on this, the reasonable scores range from 38-37 rampage, 37-37 draw, 38-37 forrest, 38-36 forrest.

which round was forrest cut in? I know its all his scartissue, just wondering

Back