Your worst kitchen injuries

def

Veteran XX
They are always frustrating.

1. Few years ago, can of something, pull tab. I didn't pull the tab enough the first direction and it wasn't budging. Instead of being smart and re-doing the first direction, I decided to pull real hard and it came off, but the can slipped. Sliced my finger pretty good, 6 stitches.

2. Hour ago, was butter basting a ny steak. I tell my wife to get fresh rosemary so I stop for a sec, take mitt off, then she hands to me, I turned around and grab the ~350F cast iron with the mitt right next to me. Ughhhh

Last edited:
stem of a wine glass into my wrist 13 stitches

keg fell on big toe, had to rip the nail off

pretty sure someone dies to glassware every few years. coulda been worse for you:

Woman flung from golf cart dies after landing on broken wine glasses

A California woman double-fisting wine while riding in a golf cart was killed when she was tossed from the vehicle and landed on the broken shards of glass, authorities said.

guess my mom was right growing up, no running with glass, need to fully stop to take a drink from it :D

Sheet, a passenger fell out of a cart I was driving and she didn't even spill her drink. She did a barrel roll too.

I took a corner of the tip of my middle finger off w a particularly sharp potato peeler

burns all over my legs from fryer oil filtering incident @ closing time (1963 fryer w/ mangled drain pipe + china cap/coffee filter over stock pot)

broken fingers from collapse of rmc delivery fag's jenga keg layout in overcrowded walk-in

8 stitches in right eyebrow after hitting head on prep table during seizure

countless forgotten minor cuts/burns

i took a chunk out of my knuckle on a cheese grater while drunk and taped it back in. the flesh survived and there's a little scar around the edge

I'm very careful in the kitchen because my knives are sharp enough to cut through the government's lies.

I get a steam burn every now and then, but that's about it.

was fucking my super model gf in my condo kitchen and slipped on the pasta that fell on the floor months ago. Broke my leg but now i got 3 hot nurses all fighting for my attention. My Cat is totally bad ass also.

10 or 12 years ago, while I was going through a cluster headache series, I was all doped up ob medication and was chopping some garlic a little too aggressively. In doing so, my left thumb, that was partially holding the garlic on the chopping block, got in the way and I chopped off a good portion of the tip of my thumb. Thankfully, my knives are always sharp as fuck so I quickly got the piece of thumb, put it back on, and wrapped it nice and tight with gauze and duct-tape.

Thankfully, the meat portion of the thumb that I cut off stuck to where it originally was and grew together. However, I lost all feeling in that section of the thumb. It looks totally normal - there is a small scar on the fingerprint side - but it feels really weird when I lightly touch it.

When I grabbed the piece of meat to put back on the thumb, the thumbnail portion fell off and gave me the willies. As shitty as that was, a few hours later I got another migraine and quickly forgot about what I did to my thumb.

None. I'm not a fucking idiot. Im also proficient with much more dangerous tools. And I'm a man. So yeah.

Alpha.

I dropped a bin of blueberries today and those fuckers scattered all over the floor..I was pretty mentally hurt by this.

Back