fire's opinion on t1 and t2 players what do you think

Kismet

Veteran
AFireInAsa said:
i think mechanically and tactically t1 players are better than t2 players at tribes. t1 players use more disc and nades, chaingun levels are similar but t2 players might edge that out since i think they spam it more and in more situations.
also i think t2 players have a higher general fps skill level because of their hitscan aim due to the prevalence of the laser rifle (used a lot more than sniper in t1). most fpses feature some sort of hitscan aiming therefore they have a bigger chance of being good at it.8
if a new game came out that featured base gameplay, i think t2 players would actually fair better if it has any sort of emphasis on vehicles. they are still playing their pubs in base today. if it doesn't, i think their base strategies are stronger and could put them on even footing with t1 players whose disc/nades/fundamentals are better.
this is just my opinion on it, especially seeing how many top tier snipers t2 produced in t:a.

before i write what i think i would like to know what other t1 LT ppl think

especially stork rtcll opsayo etc

and their experiences playing the other tribe games and stories

this is just 4 my curiosity

Last edited:
the easiest thing of t2 is the sniper rifle. it is redic ez to hit any shot. so idk how that would improve their fps skill. the cg aim is also easier but the bullets dont do as much damage so its not as op. you don't need great aim to win tribes. anyone who believes that hasn't watched enough darkforce/thorin/fett type players who just know how to time things. there is no way t2 players use the cg more than t1 simply because of LT. right now they might..maybe in the past year they might...over the past 10..t1 dominates cg hardcore.

there are skilled dudes who play t2 that would become good players if they stuck to t1 long enough. as far as crossover I would imagine any good t1 player would become decent in t2 in a short amount of time. idc who it is out of the elite t2 players..it would take them a long time to become decent in t1. just skiing alone would cause probs. also t2 players rely so much on perm flag iffs and sensors to even play d. I caused a major uproar after I told the t2 community that I dont use sensors or waypoint enemy cappers. which led to cheat accusations and proj throwing his t2 bullshit ways @me. srsly every single defender becomes a lost cause if they dont have sensors up. cappers using sensorjammer packs actually work @ getting the flag out cuz t2 LD are unaware and mainly just focus on killing random HO here and there.

as far as t2 players having the upper hand in new game ft base - strat wise there would be two t2 teams that would have an advantage. if the game had t1 physics, forget it. t2 would get rolled just on movement alone. you can run your HO all you want and keep your base up, but if it is at all possible to win a game playing in spawn - t2 wouldnt know how to play. t2 restricts a lot of greatness that was t1 base. there is no cowboyin' in t2 because the physics dont allow it. throw in a couple cowboys and the indians wont know what 2 do.

im really agreeing with stork 110% and when im not as busy ill add on some proofs of exactly what he says

things like - huge amount of t1 players going to t2 and destroying the best players at their own game (same ppl that were deemed really good in t:a by fire)

t1 players going to ta and doing the same thing (rtcll played a shorter amount of time than most of the ta people and still got voted the best chaser in the game)

none of the players fro mthe sequel games being able to do this in t1

ill write examples and stuff tomorrow or something

Last edited:
t2 is a shit game youknow

it's only good for construction mod where you blow each other up with nuclear weaps and make huge bases

this aside, there are plenty of talented t2 players who could adjust (in my opinion) to playing t1 in a very short period of time

I've experienced that tribes players are very good at adapting to sequels no matter what previous tribes game they played as they are arguably all very similar physics wise. xyz, very similar physics, same principles of play, just tack on some different game modes/weapons/gameplay. I've seen some tribes players adapt quickly to new tribes games and I think the same would apply to t1. although there is a slight learning curve I think people would jump over it pretty quickly.

it's not as quick as you think i have examples of this

where as the sequels are way easier to jump into from t1 because they're dumbed down

actually fuk writing a post i think stork summed up what i'd say better than i could at this point

its just sad t1 is completely forgotten when it's produced so many core players that can adapt to the sequels so easily and the opposite is not true in any way

like blitz played t1 for months daily before ta came out and still remained horrible despite getting coached and picked in pus trained in pubs sent demos etc

and its depressing that there hasn't ever been a case of a sequel player coming to t1 and developing into a dominating force like we've seen t1 people do in the sequels

you'd think that'd be enough evidence for people to become more curious about why that happens or even make a competitive team to challenge themselves but it doesnt

im not saying it isn't possible i know some of these guys could genuinely do it i;m just saying it's disappointing especialyl because something that was really unique in its creation ends up being forgotten and a waste despite how great and popular it was

ya i had a post i started writin this morning but many work things prevented me from finishing it a number of times

then of course i had 2 rettstart my pc 4 my accoutain software 2 work properely and i fukin lost the post

ill re write a summariezed version but it is along the same lines as what dare said

it is disappointing

i do hilite some particular reasons y this is the case, but i think its fairly established that t1 lt is the true breed of tribe player and every other instance is just a watered down sperg replication lacking various characteristics that show how unique t1 lt is and how high of a skill ceiling there is for t1 lt, both on an individual basis and on a team basis...

and that bein said

i wish t1 lt was where csg0 is these days as far as tournies and coverage as t1 lt 5v5 is infinitely more interesting and exciting than csgo 5v5 on every level but there r a million a 1 reasons for that

all in all it makes t1 lt and what is left of it that much more special to those of us who can appreciate even the smallest nuances of the game, i just wish we could have more pus this imo

ya i cant watch cs go because it bores the fuck out of me

but an LT pu is similar to a nerd basketball game imo

i just cant get behind supporting a game that attempts to reinvent the wheel #5 when the first wheel wasnt broken in the first place

and i was largely a mod player in t1 during its heyday so its not because im hating something different than t1 base just t1 had room for everyone to have a place or a home depending on what type of game they wanted to play

i find a lot of issues in todays society are based off people not being able to articulate nuances though and instead taking the easy way and just bending to whatever the next extremist opinion is like oh u arent a feminist if u shave your pussy and armpit because real feminists dont shave so they stop shaving their vaginas to remain inclusive to their new definition of feminism even if they want to shave

fuck

Last edited:
firstly you would have to think who actually plays more of what mod.

I would have to say that Annihilation Veterans have more actual skill than LT or T2 simply for the fact that holding space to win requires very little skill and that the speed threshold of the mod is faster than most are willing to encounter. This makes us more versatile players who find it easier to adapt different environments.

Tribes in its entirety is/has always been about timing. Typically the person who times things better than everyone else will prevail in any game or mod.

comparing T1 players to T2 players is like comparing UR players to UR2004 players. Unreal Tournament players would find that 2004 is just slow and they wont be able to move fast as they would like and find themselves over compensating their aim in certain situations. As would a T1 player in T2.

i was contemplating editing ur post shift 2 just say i am a fukin retard idiot

but then i read ur post and realize it say the same fukin thing

u r just a fukin idiot

Back