Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Ask me anything about Mass Effect 2
Page 3 of 10
WildKnight
VeteranXV
Old
41 - 11-28-2009, 13:33
ohh yea LOOT, how will the inventory system be changed compared to me1, in me1 by the end i was converting everything to gel and and it still was clunky to browse things.

Sponsored Links
MacGyver
VeteranXX
Old
42 - 11-28-2009, 13:35
Why do the characters in Dragon Age have sex with bras and panties on? I also noticed you can see Morrigan nipples if you zoom the camera in through her cloth thing. As a pervert I would like to know if we’ll see any **** in Mass Effect 2

CED/Esmeralda
VeteranX
Old
43 - 11-28-2009, 13:41
Hi Mu, mucho congrats on this game.... Is this something |FS| would like? course you know we like shooters the best or at least I do...

I see there are some bennies out there for peeps who 'pre-order' through GameStop but dude GameStop really sucks lately as far as their customer help and relations IMO or experience... I pre-ordered Section 8 through them and got 3 automated calls from them on different dates that the game was in and ready to be picked up and all 3 times I went and it wasn't there ~~> had to pick it up off the self at Best Buy 10 days later... Got L4D from GameStop and the "product key was already in use" so more running around to have them get me an un-used key.. Anyway, just saying, make sure GameStop holds up their end for you guys...

I am linking this to our forum!! Peace out bro...

Last edited by CED/Esmeralda; 11-28-2009 at 14:24..
buize
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
44 - 11-28-2009, 13:44
btw i pirated dragon age so thanks for that

Gon
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 11-28-2009, 13:51
is it going to be easy to steal because im not gonna pay for this ****

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
46 - 11-28-2009, 14:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNansen View Post
The biggest difference is just the genres. DA:O's an old-school, tactical RPG and ME's a shooter with RPG elements and powers. I can't even think of many things that would carry over to both, other than trying to make it fun. Even performance is a different discipline, since they were done on different engines.
How do the two engines compare performance wise then? Will ME2 run as well on my PC as Dragon Age? I played the original ME on my 360 since there was no PC version at the time, but I think I'll go PC this time since it looks like a simultaneous release.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 11-28-2009, 14:46
did you fix the terrible elevator scenes?

do planets have a point?

Wufei
VeteranXX
Old
48 - 11-28-2009, 15:04
As someone who's never played ME, nor really know what its about, what makes this game fun?

I'm pretty big into single player games, and I'm def. a top-shelf FPS player. Sorry if the question is vague, but I really don't know much about the game.

Tiberius Khan
VeteranX
Old
49 - 11-28-2009, 15:04
frankly i always thought that all the elevators were a clever alternative to load screens (though i'll agree there maybe could have been fewer of them in certain parts of the game).

My question is how will the ending people chose from ME1 affect ME2? On opposite extremes you could have saved the council and had anderson join, or you could have let the council die and basically humans take over everything. Will all ME1 roads lead to the same place (like how kotor 2 handled the different possible endings of kotor 1) or is there going to be a generally accepted canon storyline?

Kestrel
VeteranXV
Old
50 - 11-28-2009, 15:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gon View Post
is it going to be easy to steal because im not gonna pay for this ****

...i'd like to know this as well.

Tiberius Khan
VeteranX
Old
51 - 11-28-2009, 15:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wufei View Post
As someone who's never played ME, nor really know what its about, what makes this game fun?

I'm pretty big into single player games, and I'm def. a top-shelf FPS player. Sorry if the question is vague, but I really don't know much about the game.
imo it's kinda like a cross between halo and kotor. It's a 3rd person FPS, but you have the option of stopping the combat like in kotor and executing "powers" or skills. The storyline is also pretty fun to follow. Highly recommend it.

MuNansen
VeteranX
Old
52 - 11-28-2009, 15:15
- Loot and the inventory are COMPLETELY different. The new system's pretty cool. I'm sure they've got a preview planned for some point, so I'll leave it at that.

- I think if you like single players shooters, this will easily be one of your favorites. But I could be biased ;P Honestly, though, if I didn't love the games I was working on, I wouldn't be working on them. I loved ME1, and ME2's improved in just about every possible way.

- We had a lot of trouble with performance on 360 for the first one, so the PC generally performed better through brute force. For the sequel we've designed it from the ground up to have good performance, and I think people that played the first will be amazed at how well it performs on the 360, and yet manages to look even better. So I would say to play it on whatever platform you prefer to play single player shooters on.

- Your choices from the ending definitely carries over from ME1, along with a lot of other things. I can't say anything else without spoilers.

- Hey CED, how's it goin'? I should come over and say hi to |FS|. (I see registering is disabled)

Last edited by MuNansen; 11-28-2009 at 15:20..
MuNansen
VeteranX
Old
53 - 11-28-2009, 15:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius Khan View Post
imo it's kinda like a cross between halo and kotor. It's a 3rd person FPS, but you have the option of stopping the combat like in kotor and executing "powers" or skills. The storyline is also pretty fun to follow. Highly recommend it.
Or Gears. It's 3rd person and uses a cover system.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
54 - 11-28-2009, 15:37
hmm, you said don't ask about ps3//// are they not bringing it out for the ps3?

SonGohan
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 11-28-2009, 15:39
How many lines of voice acting are in this game compared to DA:O?

I was thinking that there would be more in MA since your main character -also- speaks.

Also, on the topic of the loot system... I'm a pack rat. A HUUUUUUGE pack rat. I do not get rid of weapons unless I have to in order to make room for MORE weapons. One of my biggest pet peeves early in Dragon Age was the lack of backpack space/forced me to purchase Warden's Keep (even though I was going to anyway:P )Is there a storage system in place?

MuNansen
VeteranX
Old
56 - 11-28-2009, 15:52
- The player's speaking certainly increases line count, but Dragon Age is HUGE, with plot specifics made for each possible race, gender, origin, etc. Dragon Age's line count is thus larger. I'm not sure about #s.

- The loot/inventory system is very different from ME1 or DA:O. I don't think you'll have that problem.

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
57 - 11-28-2009, 16:15
Who is composing the music this time around? Is it the same crew again? I hope we'll be seeing a return of some of the Blade Runner era Vangelis inspired stuff. I think ME had one of my favorite game soundtracks of the last decade.

oreos
VeteranX
Old
58 - 11-28-2009, 16:27
are they going to allow homosexual romance (male/male, specifically)? dragon age wouldn't have been worth playing if it weren't for zevran.

MuNansen
VeteranX
Old
59 - 11-28-2009, 16:28
I think there's a score/soundtrack announcement planned down the road, so I don't wanna step on any toes. It's sounding great, though!

MuNansen
VeteranX
Old
60 - 11-28-2009, 16:29
No spoilers on romances of any kind.

Page 3 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Ask me anything about Mass Effect 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀