Smoked Oysters and Oysters Rockefeller

Morbid

Contributor
Veteran X
I went to my local seafood store/market place and bought a Box of Rocks for $32(about 10-12 dozen). I spent the evening with my little brother teaching him how to shuck, cook and eat some damn good smoked/raw/Rockefeller oysters.

I forgot to take pics. sorry. :(

I used my big green egg with a few pieces of charcoal and some good hickory chunks. Got the smoke going and the temp to about 225-250.

Smoked was easy. Just throw them on whole until they pop open then take half the shell off so the smoke can permeate the meat better.

For the Rockefeller I shucked them, drained them and then seasoned them with melted butter, garlic, parmesan, one baby spinach leaf and parsley flakes. Smoked these as well.

I also made my own cocktail sauce since my uncle sends me horse radish from his garden every year. Ketchup, horse radish and Tabasco sauce.

Here are pics that are not mine.

OysterDay__PJClarkesOystersRockefeller_v1_8_-_Version_2.jpg

newsletter_oysters.jpg

Why would you ruin good oysters doing this to them...

Oysters are natures perfect food... Well, next to eggs. They have their own container and have this little pouch of goodness tucked away just waiting to come out. Plus they have little fringes that kind of look like a vagina... Actually, they kind of smell like vagina... And... Well, you get the idea. They're perfect.

Last edited:
Why would you ruin good oysters doing this to them...

Oysters are natures perfect food... Well, next to eggs. They have their own container and have this little pouch of goodness tucked away just waiting to come out. Plus they have little fringes that kind of look like a vagina... Actually, they kind of smell like vagina... And... Well, you get the idea. They're perfect.

I was introducing my brother to them. So I thought I would do them up a couple of different ways.

And yes if you are eating pussy that smells like seafood well then that's some nasty shit. Pussy should be damn near odorless.

Back