Men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows.

that's sad if accurate

it's pathetic that so many people commit their lives to playing video games now

tbf sports has lost most of any integrity they had

23417640-mmmain.jpeg

Did the Detroit Tigers intentionally hit umpire Quinn Wolcott with a pitch after ejections? | cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Umpire Quinn Wolcott lay stunned on his backside behind home plate after taking the full force of a 91 mph Buck Farmer fastball in the left shoulder. Trainers and other umpires rushed to his aid.

Wolcott had ejected Detroit Tigers manager Brad Ausmus and catcher James McCann for arguing about the strike zone two batters earlier. When the visibly shaken umpire eventually sat up, video shows him asking "They didn't do that on purpose, did they?"

Replay also shows Tigers backup catcher John Hicks call for a slider away to Indians batter Yandy Diaz before Farmer delivered the fastball that crossed him up and struck Wolcott. Hicks made a late stab at the ball with his glove, but had no chance to prevent Wolcott from getting hit.

They will use any excuse as to why more and more people like myself want nothing to do with the NFL instead of realizing they have become the National SJW League.

I heard they had a female play-by-play announcer? :rofl:

O what a shocker

when espn (and sports themselves) becomes so heavily politicized that its unwatchable, wtf do you expect?

O what a shocker

when espn (and sports themselves) becomes so heavily politicized that its unwatchable, wtf do you expect?

This. I was never much into sports anyways, but if I have to watch some kind of competitive game, I'd rather watch something like Hearthstone or Overwatch or something.

that's sad if accurate

it's pathetic that so many people commit their lives to playing video games now

i totally fucking agree

but what else is there to do in this concrete jungle shithole of a city?

that being said, i'll never, EVER pay a fucking dime to any one of these assholes on twitch playing games all day, and anyone that does pay them... fuck you idiot.

Probably has something to do with the growing disgust our generations have with watching millionaires run around giving themselves concussions and making ungodly amounts of money doing nothing worth while. Add that with the embarasment of the generations above us when it comes to "game night" and how utterly rediculous most NFL fans get watching their heros on a screen, im not really shocked. NFL season is so obviously over hyped and generally force fed by media and corporations that make hand over fist off of the annual capital injection (shitty beer, chips ect.), i mean ffs i saw oreos the other day with some nfl bullshit on them...

The whole culture just seems to be geared towards the lowest common denominator and finding ways to placate and remove them from realty. The same could probably be said by both sides honestly.

i totally fucking agree

but what else is there to do in this concrete jungle shithole of a city?

that being said, i'll never, EVER pay a fucking dime to any one of these assholes on twitch playing games all day, and anyone that does pay them... fuck you idiot.
Why are they assholes? Why are those that support some manner of entertainment considered idiots? Honestly curious.

I don't have the time or the skill to play some of these games at a high level. What's wrong with enjoying watching someone else play a game you don't have or won't ever play at a certain level. Or for throwing a few bones to someone who can provide that entertainment?

I remember watching some tribes cast games but nothing since, it doesn't really appeal to me...but I'm not in that demographic.

I do agree though that the top players have some ridiculous skill.

If we call chess a sport, e-sports should probably be ok.

i mean, when you are raised in a family setting where you are constantly entertained by video games and iDevices, and not other actual people, how do you expect these people to act when they mature?

I think it is a solid career choice and an even better investment for the payers paying. With so much disposable income available we should go ahead and shut down welfare

Why are they assholes? Why are those that support some manner of entertainment considered idiots? Honestly curious.

I don't have the time or the skill to play some of these games at a high level. What's wrong with enjoying watching someone else play a game you don't have or won't ever play at a certain level. Or for throwing a few bones to someone who can provide that entertainment?

replace every havax and supertrap post with text that says "angry ball of poor, white, peanut-IQ trash"

i sometimes watch counterstrike, street fighter, etc tournaments on twitch (if there are any on the weekend)

Back