Men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows. by The Magical Zoo - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows.
Page 1 of 11
The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 09-14-2017, 12:13
Study: Young men like eSports more than traditional sports - Business Insider

The NFL's ratings took a hit in its season-opening week, and a new study about the online viewing habits of young men seems to portend a growing gap in the audience for traditional sports.

The survey, conducted by Limelight Networks, shows that men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows.

Sponsored Links
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 09-14-2017, 12:14
how do you say esports without laughing?

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 09-14-2017, 12:30
that's sad if accurate

it's pathetic that so many people commit their lives to playing video games now

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 09-14-2017, 12:35
it wouldn't be pathetic if the video game of choice were starsiege: TRIBES

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 09-14-2017, 12:36
tbf sports has lost most of any integrity they had

Did the Detroit Tigers intentionally hit umpire Quinn Wolcott with a pitch after ejections? | cleveland.com

Quote:
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Umpire Quinn Wolcott lay stunned on his backside behind home plate after taking the full force of a 91 mph Buck Farmer fastball in the left shoulder. Trainers and other umpires rushed to his aid.

Wolcott had ejected Detroit Tigers manager Brad Ausmus and catcher James McCann for arguing about the strike zone two batters earlier. When the visibly shaken umpire eventually sat up, video shows him asking "They didn't do that on purpose, did they?"

Replay also shows Tigers backup catcher John Hicks call for a slider away to Indians batter Yandy Diaz before Farmer delivered the fastball that crossed him up and struck Wolcott. Hicks made a late stab at the ball with his glove, but had no chance to prevent Wolcott from getting hit.

buize
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 09-14-2017, 12:43
d

Last edited by buize; 08-05-2022 at 02:21..
samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 09-14-2017, 12:47
They will use any excuse as to why more and more people like myself want nothing to do with the NFL instead of realizing they have become the National SJW League.

I heard they had a female play-by-play announcer?

-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 09-14-2017, 13:02
O what a shocker

when espn (and sports themselves) becomes so heavily politicized that its unwatchable, wtf do you expect?

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
9 - 09-14-2017, 13:15
Quote:
It's worth noting that the survey only considered online viewing...
Derp.

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 09-14-2017, 13:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
O what a shocker

when espn (and sports themselves) becomes so heavily politicized that its unwatchable, wtf do you expect?
This. I was never much into sports anyways, but if I have to watch some kind of competitive game, I'd rather watch something like Hearthstone or Overwatch or something.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
11 - 09-14-2017, 13:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
that's sad if accurate

it's pathetic that so many people commit their lives to playing video games now
i totally ****ing agree

but what else is there to do in this concrete jungle ****hole of a city?

that being said, i'll never, EVER pay a ****ing dime to any one of these assholes on twitch playing games all day, and anyone that does pay them... **** you idiot.

EyeZ
VeteranX
Old
12 - 09-14-2017, 13:43
Probably has something to do with the growing disgust our generations have with watching millionaires run around giving themselves concussions and making ungodly amounts of money doing nothing worth while. Add that with the embarasment of the generations above us when it comes to "game night" and how utterly rediculous most NFL fans get watching their heros on a screen, im not really shocked. NFL season is so obviously over hyped and generally force fed by media and corporations that make hand over fist off of the annual capital injection (****ty beer, chips ect.), i mean ffs i saw oreos the other day with some nfl bull**** on them...

The whole culture just seems to be geared towards the lowest common denominator and finding ways to placate and remove them from realty. The same could probably be said by both sides honestly.

Bodom
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 09-14-2017, 13:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
i totally ****ing agree

but what else is there to do in this concrete jungle ****hole of a city?

that being said, i'll never, EVER pay a ****ing dime to any one of these assholes on twitch playing games all day, and anyone that does pay them... **** you idiot.
Why are they assholes? Why are those that support some manner of entertainment considered idiots? Honestly curious.

I don't have the time or the skill to play some of these games at a high level. What's wrong with enjoying watching someone else play a game you don't have or won't ever play at a certain level. Or for throwing a few bones to someone who can provide that entertainment?

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 09-14-2017, 13:52
I remember watching some tribes cast games but nothing since, it doesn't really appeal to me...but I'm not in that demographic.

I do agree though that the top players have some ridiculous skill.

If we call chess a sport, e-sports should probably be ok.

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
15 - 09-14-2017, 13:55
havax is perpetually angsty af

he's extremely triggered by what other ppl do

Snake{TS}
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 09-14-2017, 14:02
i mean, when you are raised in a family setting where you are constantly entertained by video games and iDevices, and not other actual people, how do you expect these people to act when they mature?

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 09-14-2017, 14:04
I think it is a solid career choice and an even better investment for the payers paying. With so much disposable income available we should go ahead and shut down welfare

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 09-14-2017, 14:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
Why are they assholes? Why are those that support some manner of entertainment considered idiots? Honestly curious.

I don't have the time or the skill to play some of these games at a high level. What's wrong with enjoying watching someone else play a game you don't have or won't ever play at a certain level. Or for throwing a few bones to someone who can provide that entertainment?
replace every havax and supertrap post with text that says "angry ball of poor, white, peanut-IQ trash"

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 09-14-2017, 15:16
i sometimes watch counterstrike, street fighter, etc tournaments on twitch (if there are any on the weekend)

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 09-14-2017, 15:19
Does the NFL have really cool action figures? No? well there's your answer.

Page 1 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows.

Social Website Bullshit