Another complicated moving of files question by Voxx - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Another complicated moving of files question
Voxx
Veteran++
Old
1 - 07-04-2008, 03:58
So I'm going to start tagging my music tonight, since I don't work tomorrow. I want to rename everything EXCEPT for the CDs I am currently seeding in Utorrent (for obvious reasons).

The issue is finding and easy way to pick out the seeded music, since it is all in the same folder and whatnot. If it was all seeding I could just try to move it, and it wouldn't let me... but if the files are just Queued to Seed (like it usually is) then it will allow moving.

The only other option I've found is deleting all of the torrents and files from Utorrent, sending them to my recycle bin. This is obviously pretty risky, since I'm not sure if it the bin will hold such a large amount of files. Also, it would delete all of the info from Utorrent..so I would have to re-grab the .torrents again and it would be a big pain in the ass.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Gil
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 07-04-2008, 04:05
I emptied a friend's recycle bin yesterday. It had 7.35gb of files. I don't think it has an upper limit.

How about you stop being an antisocial ****hole and actually go outside this weekend.

Voxx
Veteran++
Old
3 - 07-04-2008, 04:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
I emptied a friend's recycle bin yesterday. It had 7.35gb of files. I don't think it has an upper limit.

How about you stop being an antisocial ****hole and actually go outside this weekend.
Staying up all night has nothing to do with what I'm doing tomorrow. The point is that I don't have to be refreshed for work.

Redz15
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 07-04-2008, 04:15
i sort of have to work tomorrow.

im forced into going to a work function at a private lake community where i will be a guest of honor with free everything.

so yeah, not sure what to think.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 07-04-2008, 04:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post

Way to assume you dumb ******.

Voxx
Veteran++
Old
6 - 07-04-2008, 04:38
Its alright, I just went through Utorrent and cut each CD out one by one. Didnt take as long as I thought, only 200.

Voxx
Veteran++
Old
7 - 07-04-2008, 06:42
I've decided this was a terrible idea. My music is more ****ed up now than before. Thanks TagScanner!

I wonder if system restore would move everything back and rename it.

Last edited by Voxx; 07-04-2008 at 06:45..
SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 07-04-2008, 06:53
This is probably mean but god damn I can't help it

Spoiler

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 07-04-2008, 08:13

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 07-04-2008, 11:36
why not just copy the music you are seeding and leave a seeded version there?

anyway, enjoy the tagging process if you have a lot of music
once tagged properly I just use mediamonkey to auto organize into folders by Artist>Album>Track - Artist - Song

Voxx
Veteran++
Old
11 - 07-04-2008, 13:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
why not just copy the music you are seeding and leave a seeded version there?

anyway, enjoy the tagging process if you have a lot of music
once tagged properly I just use mediamonkey to auto organize into folders by Artist>Album>Track - Artist - Song
I ran Tag Scanner without going through and making tags for every song I had. I figured if it didn't have a tag for one of the fields then it wouldn't mess with the file.

..boy was I wrong. I have 500 songs just hanging out with no home now, and I don't know the artist for half of them because they are from trance or jazz compilations.

I really boned myself.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 07-04-2008, 13:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxx View Post
I ran Tag Scanner without going through and making tags for every song I had. I figured if it didn't have a tag for one of the fields then it wouldn't mess with the file.

..boy was I wrong. I have 500 songs just hanging out with no home now, and I don't know the artist for half of them because they are from trance or jazz compilations.

I really boned myself.
Nicely done.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Another complicated moving of files question

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is faggot , free gon