Star Trek Discovery showrunners fired by The Magical Zoo - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Star Trek Discovery showrunners fired
Page 2 of 2
The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 06-19-2018, 19:57
holy **** haggis, you weren't wrong

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/star-tr...series-picard/

a picard show? :O

Sponsored Links
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 06-19-2018, 20:01
**** Discovery.

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 06-19-2018, 20:30
I echo most of the hate but those of you (havax, data) who like TNG should at least check out the mirror universe stuff. It's pretty fun and you might like it.

Mostly bad show though, my frustration tempered only because I remember how awful TNG and DS9's first seasons were. Not an apples to apples comparison, but yeah

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
24 - 06-19-2018, 20:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magical Zoo View Post
I echo most of the hate but those of you (havax, data) who like TNG should at least check out the mirror universe stuff. It's pretty fun and you might like it.

Mostly bad show though, my frustration tempered only because I remember how awful TNG and DS9's first seasons were. Not an apples to apples comparison, but yeah
I watched the whole thing from start to finish and it all sucks even the Mirror Universe

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 06-19-2018, 20:59
I only watched one episode that my girlfriend a background actor playing a Klingon, she was never visible in the episode. She did get paid a pile of money and got to spend 3 days on the set of the ship, and got the cool experience of 5 hours of makeup to look like a Klingon.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 06-19-2018, 21:10
Quote:
p much all star trek shows sucked for the first 3 seasons

we like to look back with rose tinted glasses but TNG was pretty garbage until s4 if you go back and try to watch it now

same with VOY and DS9

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 06-19-2018, 21:22
The second half of the first season relied on a tiresome cliche in Star Trek. An overused gimmick narrative and they, of course, went gonzo with it to exaggerate the novelty. You could argue that this precedent was set by DS9, which is true, but Discovery takes it beyond an isolated, sporadic episode and stretched it into a foundation for half a season. Which just exaggerated how campy it is in the first place.

When Star Trek appears to get stuck for a story idea, or experiences a lull in creativity, writers fall back on an old idea that made a popular episode unique. Time Travel, The Borg, Starfleet at War ... The Mirror Universe.

Sometimes it works... in Discovery, it doesn't.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 06-19-2018, 21:25
ya no other star trek show went all in on a trope oh wait enterprise 4 seasons of time travel doh

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 06-19-2018, 21:27
i love groove unabashedly but ds9 got good season 2 and tng got good season 3. these are inarguable facts

come at me bro

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 06-19-2018, 21:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
ya no other star trek show went all in on a trope oh wait enterprise 4 seasons of time travel doh
Yeah.

And it sucked.

And if you asked back then about it, I'd tell you that it was why Enterprise sucked.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 06-19-2018, 21:56
Patrick Stewart may return as Capt. Picard amid CBS push to expand 'Star Trek' franchise

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 06-19-2018, 22:49
they're going to give him the captain pike treatment.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 06-19-2018, 22:53
continue the story and stop rebooting

groove
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 06-19-2018, 23:14
Quote:
i love groove unabashedly but ds9 got good season 2 and tng got good season 3. these are inarguable facts

come at me bro
'the wire' and maaaybe the last episode (the jem'hadar) were good, the rest of s2 is p much crap

maybe 'blood oath' cuz i like jadzia but objectively its not a great ep

unless ur a big fan of 'melora' & 'sanctuary' and quark episodes, s2 is mostly about the maquis/circle, episodes 2 thru like 16 are painful

s3 gets a lot better but its still about 50/50 garbo (altho 'civil defense' is one of my fav ds9 eps ever)

in terms of TNG, the story is pretty similar - s3 got a lot better but its still inconsistent (the survivors, the bonding, the price, the most toys, menage a troi, transfigurations etc are all pretty terrible if u go back and re-watch)

both S4's are much more consistent

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
35 - 06-19-2018, 23:20
ds9 s2 is at least 50% good slow your broll, season 3 is mostly good, all star trek has at least a 25% **** episode rate so you can't expect too much

voyager on the other hand was good from episode 1 if you like voyager, which most tng nerds don't

groove
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 06-19-2018, 23:29
found the 'melora' fan

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
37 - 06-19-2018, 23:29
i don't know the episode names i ain't gay

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 06-19-2018, 23:35
goddamnit groove

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
39 - 06-19-2018, 23:41
i was about 2b like "wat my dad luvs voyager" but then i saw it was about tng nerds

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Star Trek Discovery showrunners fired

Social Website Bullshit