2017 Encore

You ever ask them to check with you before they buy the piece of junk they ultimately want you to fix?

Of course. She's also got a man friend that advised her against this one, but she was blinded by it's age and miles. It was a great 20 footer.

That's how those rebuild places roll. Just patch it together enough to snap a good picture.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Unfortunately.

Found the auction pictures after it was totaled in September 2018. It sold for $4,000 in October 2018. Looks like a light wreck, but I don't know what the fuck they hit that low to bend it up like that. Most of the force hit lower than the bumper legs against the subframe. Didn't pop the airbags or even damage the tire. The control arm was replaced, but they don't take much to bend.

The bend in the hood explains the hump in it now.
HGPs0rH.jpg

Ndl5ufI.jpg

Actually a metal light pole with a concrete base may have caused damage like this.
It surely wasn't another car.
5mb4FjA.jpg

The drivers side upper radiator core is sure moved back compared to where it is now, but a swift kick could move it that much...
m0XBs7e.jpg

Last edited:
jfc wat a hateful lil pile of shit

i'd say it needs "kia/hyundai" written on it but that's b/c i'm drunk and rdy 2 pass out like as if i'm vanster so i glossed over the "MADE BY DAEWOO, BUT IT'S REALLY A BUICK B/C WE CROSSED OUT DAEWOO AND PAID GM TO LET US WRITE "BUICK" ON IT W/ SOME DENNY'S KIDS' MENU CRAYON"

let's b reel hear, the japs had the rite idea re: how 2 treat east asian ppl and if u disagree i would like 2 point u 2 this daewoo lineup masquerading as GM

ALSO BY THE WAY AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST THANK YOU VERY MUCH, mary barra is 100% for sure personally responsible for shitwagons like the :closet: "lambda platform" :closet:  this is wat u get when u let women vote 

Put it together Friday, and aligned Saturday. Drives like it should now and looks great despite the butchery on the paint job. I'm glad it's white. White hides paint mistakes.
Mother in law and her man friend were here later Saturday, so we took it for a drive, watched a movie and sat on the driveway with bloody marys.

Today we drove to the lake and cleaned up. A neighbor up there knows the goober that put the Encore together and wants me to 'put him out of business'. I helped him with his daughters vw bug (new beetle) and resurrected it in about 10 minutes.. The starter was hung up in it and stuck. Sat at the same shop that put the starter in 2 months earlier for a a few weeks before he pulled it to his place. I put a socket and a bar on the crank pulley and got it loose and started in less than 10 minutes.. Starter sounds terrible so they probably got a bad one. $600 to replace a starter and they couldn't even figure it out later...

Tomorrow will be more Encore. There was a recall on the airbag system, and the airbag light is on, so I'll be tackling that tomorrow. Once that's takes care of I'll slap the front splash shields in and be done with it. :stab:

Last edited:
Camber, caster, toe, and cross camber are all within spec. Drives nice now.
ee30ebbd05b65a24b3f0a855c36dbce4.jpg
a7decdd608b19e4950156fa4876843ec.jpg
caf25ac1a44f1c95c8fa6132566a5813.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Great job! She should however know to bring you along when she does go buy a car and save you the hassle.

Thanks scoobs. Yeah, we've had that talk.

Still some funkiness with the bumper cover support on the drivers side where it meets the hood between the headlight and grill. The goober used jb weld and glued it crooked. I shaved it with a dremel and got it as close as possible without replacing it. I'm guessing no one else even notices.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

tbh i would like 2 kno how hard it was 2 set caster w/ shit all bent up like that

it took me like 2.5 hours to get the daytoner in spec (it's no more bent than any other chrysler rolling off the line) and i had 2 go shim shopping

lazy old man said "just set front toe and let it go" like as if i was one of his [strike]victims[/strike] customers

Last edited:
tbh i would like 2 kno how hard it was 2 set caster w/ shit all bent up like that
I replaced the entire subframe and a control arm. Everything else was pulled into place. It only has lower control arms and struts so there's really no caster adjustment. As long as the strut towers and ball joints are in the same place as the factory intended the caster will be correct. I'm sure it was fucked up before I replaced the subframe and control arm, as the wheel was pushed towards the drivers door.

Tighten down the control arm bolts with the vehicle weight on the ground. It's not meant to twist too far on those bushings.

Rotors were lumpy from sitting and surface rust. Turning them now.

Extra remote on the way.

a1c788fbac2b1f31dec487720a4ca8bc.jpg

Last edited:
Back