Reload this Page Web Developers
Page 5 of 5
Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 01-14-2010, 16:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
i love javascripts. its incredibly useful.

i jus thate people that put { on the same line as their function definitions.
HAHA

i have to ask why you dislike that, or if there is something wrong with it syntax-wise. i dont know why, but i have done that as long as i can remember.

Sponsored Links
KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
82 - 01-14-2010, 16:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWaters View Post
f*cking love jquery
1.4 just released!

old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
83 - 01-14-2010, 16:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWaters View Post
dont quite get the connection there...?
I think even the densest of people would f*cking get the g*d d*mn joke.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
84 - 01-14-2010, 16:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
HAHA

i have to ask why you dislike that, or if there is something wrong with it syntax-wise. i dont know why, but i have done that as long as i can remember.
nothing 'wrong' with it. it works.

its just anoying as **** to read and edit.

its one of those things... some people care, some people don't. at the end of the day noone is 'right' or 'wrong', outside of the fact that i believe the standards of javascript are to leave it at the end of the line, instead of putting it on a seperate line. so in that regards it the 'correct' way to do it, but most people don't care and are just either stuck doing it that way, or the other way.

Fat Steve
Veteran5
Old
85 - 01-14-2010, 16:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_skul View Post
I love how all the tech school kids come crawling out of the woodwork when their language of the week is threatened.

:wah:
says the guy who knows **** about ****. all i can say is it's a good thing you left the web dev field, since you clearly don't know anything about it.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 01-14-2010, 17:04
my programming language can beat up your programming language.

Fat Steve
Veteran5
Old
87 - 01-14-2010, 17:08
i will throw curly brackets at you

(i put them right after the function declaration)

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
88 - 01-14-2010, 17:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_skul View Post
Python is quite powerful, easy to learn, and there's a reason it's used by Google and MIT. It's also quite extensible - I use Jython, the Java implementation of Python, as the scripting language for all my WebLogic stuff.

Look, I know there's some big players using PHP. Let me restate myself. Most high-volume big-player web dev work is done in Java and .NET. Sure, PHP is a player - but going by volume alone, in terms of how many bytes is shipped around the internet by a given language, Java and .NET are the most popular.
99.99% of those bytes are transferred by native code (likely compiled from C or C++). C#,java,php,etc are merely interface languages much like scripting languages in games to configure and delegate to the underlying framework.

to suggest that some sites like google prefer Python over Java over whatever is like saying they prefer one gas peddle over another while completely ignoring the engine.

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
89 - 01-14-2010, 23:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
nothing 'wrong' with it. it works.

its just anoying as **** to read and edit.

its one of those things... some people care, some people don't. at the end of the day noone is 'right' or 'wrong', outside of the fact that i believe the standards of javascript are to leave it at the end of the line, instead of putting it on a seperate line. so in that regards it the 'correct' way to do it, but most people don't care and are just either stuck doing it that way, or the other way.
Hah, I'm on the total opposite end of the spectrum. I'm not sure where I picked up doing it with the { on the end, but I've always done it and it bugs me to see it on the next line because I'm just not used to it.

I get the argument though, the { makes balancing easier. I'm pretty religious about my whitespace though, so it doesn't really help in my case.

I'm *much* more annoyed by code that's not indented properly.

?B-MAN
VeteranX
Old
90 - 01-15-2010, 03:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
you know what the most important technology to know is?

Whatever it is that your company uses
lol very true. We are on a 4GL DB and I have to use an app server most developers dont even know about. So basically everything I build is from scratch. No prebaked apps, classes, neat frameworks etc (although I utilize jquery a lot for client side stuff). The app server runs of java but the scripting language is 4GL. I dabble with PHP when I can. Its simple to use, but in most corporate environements I've noticed its usually .net, asp.net, java or some specialized app server. Not saying PHP is bad, but its still not that entrenched in the corporate world.

Page 5 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Web Developers

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
free ▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀ , php?