My Friend died yesterday from alcohol poisening

does that mean I can fly and shoot beams out of all of my orafices like suokyaki my fav anime hero??

if not I'll just settle for being able to run for more that one minute.

sorry to hear that Bosh... i personally can relate to having lost a close friend, though ive had no experiences with alcohol poision; i almost died from food poisoning once though, the doctor said if i had gotten to the hospital any later i would have probably ended up dead

Maniacal said:
sorry to hear that Bosh... i personally can relate to having lost a close friend, though ive had no experiences with alcohol poision; i almost died from food poisoning once though, the doctor said if i had gotten to the hospital any later i would have probably ended up dead

You ever find out who poisoned your food?
:roller:

Anybody want a beer? This thread makes me damn thirsty.

In all seriousness, I ask myself how I would react if my wife died in front of me, or a close friend, or a family member. Would I run to a tribes BB and post a very poor put together note in my anguish? Probably not. Would some kid who's whole life revolves around a freakin game and drinking? Maybe.

This kid *MIGHT* be telling the truth, or he might be lying... either way, he's still got a large problem.

*IF* your friend really did die in front of you, you've my sympathies. I urge you to seek professional help.

If you are a lying rat, you still need professional help.

Last edited:
ps. His story already has a couple of huge inconsistencies. Yeah, you can blame his 'grief and anguish', but you'll forgive me questioning the truth of his claims until I see it on CNN.

NooKiE said:
Thats sucks and all, but is a tribes forum the right place for this? ..

Have you ever posted anything even remotely related to Tribes, Nookie?

The guy says his buddy died. Can't you willfully suspend your desire to be a dick, out of respect?

Ironically, he probably posted in those NUTZ CHEATS threads awhile back. Im sure he posted in any thread involving how many tribes a person has been in.

no, one time i posted in the RDY 4 MATCH PLAY thread and it was my opion that we were not rdy 4 match play

so just cool it

Shit, I lost my Grandmother in Germany from alchoholism. It got to the point where it started eating away her digestive system. :( She started driking heavily ever since my Grandfather died, they were very much in love with eachother.

See, alchohol can ruin alot of things. YES, it can be fun at times, but in all reality you don't really need to drink. People lose thier lives and kill other people DAILY becuase of this. It's awfully sad.

Bro, I feel sorry for you loss and I feel sorry for his addiction.

He's now in that big seige map in the sky(If he played T2, that is.) ;)

If you are having to drink yourself to the point of either getting angry, passing out etc then now is the time to get help BEFORE you no longer have a functioning liver etc. And yes beer can cause death as well. Alcohol is alcohol, may need to drink a bit more but the end result will be the same.. Take care of yourselves guys, if you dont who will?

Well I remember not long ago hearing about a kid at a frat party dying of a beer od. They had the hoses with the funnels going and he died. Maybe you have to consume it faster then you would hard alcohol, I dont know but I do know you can die from too much beer....

Maybe a beer bong'd do it.
I doubt it though..
Sounds like an urban legend. ;)

Regardless, thats beyond the point.
You don't need to drink that much to enjoy yourself.

Well here is a story of a girl that died after being at 2 keg parties, which I would guess there is beer in the kegs..
Feb. 10, 1996 - Valerie Cole, an 18-year-old student at Raford University, is found dead in her dorm room the day after she attends two fraternity keg parties. A medical examiner later reports that Cole, who had a blood alcohol content of 0.31, died of alcohol poisoning, said a Feb. 27 article in the Washington Post.
Here is a link to more tragic alcohol deaths... not all to uncommon unfortunately.. http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Hall/9293/history.html

Bosh Orator said:
yes nookie that was mean.

Ok here is the story .

My friend and I were going to a party yesterday about 15 miles away from here if u must know.... We were there for about an hour and a half and LOTS of people were drinking and it just soo happend that my really good friend was dared a contest to see if he could drink a certain amount , and well he took the dare like an idiot... and started at it.. I lost count how many he drank but drank alot then I started to notice that his face was turning a diff color and couldnt even stand .. and when I saw his eyes close it was the last time he saw the world my friend that was with me checked his pulse and he couldnt get anything soo he got someone else to see and thats when we knew that he was dead.. there he was right in front of me dead..

I posted this soo others would TRY not to make the same mistake ..

Advice from a Tribal friend.

That's so true... I'm sure he'd be happy if his story saved the life of others. :(

Back