Tribes 3 Heavy Armor or Ghost Rider?

Thrax Panda said:
In this universe they are HERCs, not Mechs. And it's not a HERC of any kind.

im sorry, maybe my definition of what a HERC is is a little blurry, perhaps you would like to define it and say how this concept does not represent some type of HERC?

dunce_boy said:
im sorry, maybe my definition of what a HERC is is a little blurry, perhaps you would like to define it and say how this concept does not represent some type of HERC?

starsiege-3.jpg

See the building in the background? Notice how the HERC is taller than it? I somehow doubt we're going to be seeing 80-foot humans operating these suits. Unless that's what happens in the future... we all mutate. :(

dunce_boy said:
A HERC (Herculean) is a mechanized battle vehicle that carries one or more persons as pilot, gunner, etc.

They are quite large. A very small HERC might be 4 or 5 meters tall and weigh in at 2 to 10 tons. A large herc might be 20 meters tall and weigh in at hundreds of tons.

In a straight up fight they would clean up a T2 tank without thinking twice about it, then blow great chunks out of the base, finally destroying the actual game server in an impressive display of firepower.

This is not a HERC. Not even close to a HERC. If I put a properly balanced HERC in the middle of a map you could respawn all day without even coming close to hurting it. You don't want HERCs in with the Tribes.

Thrax Panda said:
A HERC (Herculean) is a mechanized battle vehicle that carries one or more persons as pilot, gunner, etc.

This is not a HERC. Not even close to a HERC. If I put a properly balanced HERC in the middle of a map you could respawn all day without even coming close to hurting it. You don't want HERCs in with the Tribes.

Fine, fine...

It's not any form of a Mech...

Now excuse me as I go play with my Gundam's in a pool of my own tears.

Last edited:
I think the poly's would be far higher than they could be if that were a model, and although I'd prefer to see something more "Sports-Like", it does look quite nice so far.

Why isn't that head on the top left considered the actual head? It maybe looking to the other side...looks pretty cool too :)

Back