[web football] Goal Line Blitz - 'The Look' / 'Ho Playbook'

tackles aren't a good stat for a LB?

tackles are great but when a guy from an 8-8 team is showing off his one dimensional build with a 140 tackles theres probably more at work than his build

such as teams running the ball the entire second half because they are blowing out his team by 25, of course lbs will rack up tackles

and the three passes defensed should really make you wonder

meslayer, just looking at that guy's game logs, he definitely got his highest tackle numbers in losses, but they weren't blowouts at all. most were 1 score or less (even 1 point), and a few were 2 scores.

in fact, most of their losses seemed to come from their offense's inability to score

i really don't see how you can spin a LB with 140 tackles as a bad thing. that's 140 plays he didn't miss a tackle and didn't let a guy get to the secondary. how is that a shitty build?

I just glanced at some of his games, his 20, 17 and a couple of his 11 tackle games they ran vs his team 50+ times (and often times over 4 yards a carry)

dur you are going to get lots of tackles

iamthewarlrus is right it IS dumb to say that it sucks cuz it obv worked for him but it isnt necessarily evidence of a "good build", lbs cant help but get tackles vs those kinds of rush #s

the LB corps on that team outlevels the line by a good bit. i'd say that's a bigger reason why they continually get to the 2nd level.

i mean even if you take 10 tackles off each of his biggest games, he's still got 100 tackles. it's nothing to sneeze at.

a bigger stat is that when he got 10+ tackles, he didn't miss a single one

oh damn i didnt see his plays per game

hes only averaging 44.2? out of 44.2 plays per game he got 9 tackles / game

thats pretty nuts

i want to be right, if speed is just the SUPER STAT OMGS SPEED rather than a good mix of speed and agi that is so lame

I CANT TURN BUT IF I CAN LINE MY ASS UP RIGHT ILL GETCHA

i would say LBs might be slightly less affected by agility because they don't have to shed as many blocks or take as many circuitous routes as either the line or the secondary.

I sent you a PM in GLB re the trade for my OT guy wants 46k straight for him. No players. What he has invested in me.

it sucks because for the first four days you dont take chemistry hits for retooling teams but we couldnt make moves because it wasnt the offseason

oh damn i didnt see his plays per game

hes only averaging 44.2? out of 44.2 plays per game he got 9 tackles / game

thats pretty nuts

i want to be right, if speed is just the SUPER STAT OMGS SPEED rather than a good mix of speed and agi that is so lame

I CANT TURN BUT IF I CAN LINE MY ASS UP RIGHT ILL GETCHA
I'll be going for a 1.5:1 speed:agility ratio on my LB, maybe even closer to 1.75:1.

If you can provide me evidence that this isn't a good idea I'll be more than happy to reconsider.

Back