Vengeance Vengeance

NetAtNite said:
Read it twice and took the Dale Carnegie public speaking course. You are offering semantics which is a waste of my valuable time...

Obviously you learned nothing from it, given your angry response to what I have to say.

Nice try though.

Got Haggis? said:
what game publisher do you work for again?

Are you really this stupid? If I don't work in the industry I must not understand basic marketing principles? Believe me, I get it.

The second part of your post is intelligent and is exactly what I have been saying. Read your own words and you will understand Guys' failure. God, why is this so hard? You disagree with me, then agree with me in the same post.

Got Haggis? said:
the only thing i blame guy for is not coming around tw more often. even though he coudln't tell us anything, he still could have come here and apologized...hung out some..much like i'm sure marweas would have done. all we got is a post on the offical vug forums that was very very blunt with no explanation (for that, we had to find out from a gamespot article that t:v only sold 43k copies)

There you go. Guy could have 'purchased' good will from us all by communicating with his clients! And it would have cost nothing! AND, if he was good at marketing, he could have got 90% of this forum agreeing that it was not VUG/IG's fault that T:V was flawed, it was a) the TW community b) market forces c) the war on Iraq d) Mary Poppins and her stern ways with children.

The great benefit that people like Guy Welch and Vug have are ignorant gamers whose parents will shell out $50 to shut their spoiled, stupid children up, even if its just for a moment.

And to those that would argue with me please remember...I LIKE T:V and wish it nothing but success. Also, before you post your brilliant responses to my critisism of T:V's marketing, remind yourself that VUG gave up on it because no-one bought it.

Celestial said:
Obviously you learned nothing from it, given your angry response to what I have to say.

Nice try though.

Angry response? I didn't respond with any emotion at all to you! I think you need to grab a dictionary and look up 'semantics'. It is not an insult. I would like a word with your teachers though. Somebody is getting paid for doing nothing.

I didn't say it was an insult. Try reading next time, okay?

The way you word your posts suggest you have a huge chip on your shoulder, that's all.

Give it a rest, member.

Celestial said:
Give it a rest, member.

Is that really all you have got? You really are a special kind of stupid. It always amuses me when ever someone has been destroyed intellectually their only thought is to grasp whatever straw they can find. Celestial has proven once again that stupid is as stupid does. Nice job 'vet'.

NetAtNite said:
Wrong again. Marketing NEVER STOPS!!!! There is plenty that Guy could have done but did not. Again, I don't know how important he is in the eyes of his employer and perhaps he is merely a peon. That said, I could have hundreds if not thousands of people try the demo within 4 weeks. I can also promise you that had I been in control of the marketing, the absolute hatred of VUG that exists in this community would not exist! Honestly, this stuff isn't really that hard.

WOW....just WOW.

I take it VUG should have fired him and hired you?

So what are your qualifications to be in marketing?

Wolfhunt said:
WOW....just WOW.

I take it VUG should have fired him and hired you?

So what are your qualifications to be in marketing?

3 years of marketing in college, and running my own business successfully for the past 6 years.

And should VUG have hired me? Nah, I would have told them how to market their game and themselves for free. Could I have sold one million copies of T:V? Highly unlikely. Could I have sold more then 43,000 and avoided 90% of the hateful posts regarding T:V/VUG/IG? Absolutely.

I am not claiming to know any more then the next 'good' marketer. There are millions of successful business people that would have done a much better job selling T:V without spending a dime.

Rather than get into a flaming contest over marketing and what not. I think what people need to address at this point is not what "we" want in a tribes game, as we've made that into a dead horse since t2 was being made. If the devs took the time to look over the related posts over the past 5ish years, they could easily determine what "we" want. I think what we need to spend our time on is not continue to beat the dead horse on what we want, but focus on the most feasable way to attain that. I doubt screwing over VUG is really going to help because VUG has no interest the game what we want. We either need to look to Legends, or finding a new development company to pass our ideas on to (again it doesn't have to be called tribes, but make it the tribes we want). So either those with dev/market/fiscal support capabilities should turn thier efforts towards assisiting the legends dev team, or sparking the interest on a new dev group. But like I said I think telling the corporate guys what "we" want is has been clearly summed up in the past 5 years, and it's no longer our job to remind then again. It's time we find alternate methods that can get the game we want made as timely as possible.

Net this entire time you have proven to be an ingnorant person it seems. You attack Marweas first off who wasnt invovled very much at all in the long run. You claim you could do a better job and have made the game so much more appealing. I'd like to know what qualifies you to be a Brand Manager? Do you have a college degree in Marketing, Management, etc? You keep talking out your ass. Stop talking and just sit back "member" thx.

LightingBlast said:
Net this entire time you have proven to be an ingnorant person it seems. You attack Marweas first off who wasnt invovled very much at all in the long run. You claim you could do a better job and have made the game so much more appealing. I'd like to know what qualifies you to be a Brand Manager? Do you have a college degree in Marketing, Management, etc? You keep talking out your ass. Stop talking and just sit back "member" thx.

Read my posts you stupid fuck. Do I have a marketing degree? Yes I do. Read the last few posts genius. God, some of you idiots are remarkably dumb. And I am not attacking Marweas (who was fired), I am pointing out that Guy Welch and anyone associated with marketing T:V failed miserably. Disagree? Explain the sales Einstein.

Back