Background images are going away on November 16, 2012

Odio

Contributor
Veteran XX
Thank you for using background images. As we build a more streamlined Google Search page for everyone, we’ll no longer be able to support customization with background images. So you will no longer be able to see your background pictures starting November 16, 2012.

First they put stupid fucking ads at the top of the search results, now this. Fuck google, fuck google right in the ass.

Background image was the only reason I even used google. Guess it's back to yahoo search for me.

my initial thoughts
1) what fucking loser uses background images for a search engine, myspace much faggot?
2) stop being angsty pathetic angstry ass nerd and find something better to bitch about jesus christ
3) gj google

I use firefox, google is my homepage. I don't like all white backgrounds.

wtf, why are the killing these simple little things?

the only people that know about them are the ones who will be pissed when they're gone.

I'm going to miss igoogle next year. I need to find some sort of replacement

there needs to be a new alternative to google, I've been trying a few (ixquick, duck duck go) but haven't found one that does as well

So people actually go to google.com to search for stuff? Huh. Seems kinda pointless when you can just search for something using the address bar of your browser or by right clicking text on a webpage. As for ads on a page... Um... Yeah, don't get that either. If you're seeing ads on webpages, you're doing it wrong.

So people actually go to google.com to search for stuff? Huh. Seems kinda pointless when you can just search for something using the address bar of your browser or by right clicking text on a webpage. As for ads on a page... Um... Yeah, don't get that either. If you're seeing ads on webpages, you're doing it wrong.

this ^

Back