Guild Wars 2

So Im sure this has been covered, but wtf is up with dungeons. Did my first AC run last night, and fuck me it was slow going. Trash pulls are almost as bad as bosses, and some of the bosses are just fucking retarded.

I like them. AC at 30 brought a new depth to the game when you realize 5 people who glass cannoned their way through heart quests don't know much about the combat system.

Take weapons and skills that are combo finishers/fields (Combo - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)).

Also try out other specs that you thought you'd never play (like restoration). My thief has a bit of healing/res utility, and it makes a huge difference.

I find it funny in the level 80 zone's chat where players just bitch that none of the gear in this game has "good stats". What they all consider good is max DPS and nothing else. Meanwhile they form groups to cheese down the easiest runs of all the dungeons because anything else is a 4 hour wipe fest :lol:

So I built a trebuchet up the cliff behind our starting hill in Eternal Battlegrounds and a few other people followed suit. We got three trebs up here and smoked the entire Eredon Terrace zerg. We were hopelessly outnumbered (even had a rewards buff to that effect) and took back Mendon's Gap. Now they're crying to the GW2Guru and Official forums saying we flyhacked to our position. :lol:
I call this: Three Treb Moon
WN6Wm.jpg

Spoiler

So I built a trebuchet up the cliff behind our starting hill in Eternal Battlegrounds and a few other people followed suit. We got three trebs up here and smoked the entire Eredon Terrace zerg. We were hopelessly outnumbered (even had a rewards buff to that effect) and took back Mendon's Gap. Now they're crying to the GW2Guru and Official forums saying we flyhacked to our position. :lol:
WN6Wm.jpg

Spoiler
They keep crying foul/hack on us for stealing their orbs and etc as well.

All you have to do is hide inside the walls, wait for them to cap it, and then when they aren't paying attention do your thing. They keep claiming we're hacking through/over the walls, when it's their own damn fault for not purging the location before moving on (one hidden Mesmer can portal an entire team through the wall to retake shit). :lol:

can we change the D3 forum to GW2 yet? i'd like to be able to form some dungeon crawls on a weekly basis or something like that. currently ive only hooked up with other guilds cause ours is kinda.. lame.

While I was out driving around today I stopped in a 4 different stores and everyone is sold out, all with lots of copies on order. Makes sense for developers to get people to buy digital copies and not worry about producing disks or the packaging material and they don't need to give anybody else a cut.

I have limited bandwidth and using up 20 gigs for one game isn't worth it, I can wait to get a copy next week.

16gigs and the download might be smaller since it's compressed. I think mine was 14.5gigs then a couple small patches. labtop to starbucks for a couple hours on memstick

WN6Wm.jpg

Spoiler

Awesome pic.

So Im sure this has been covered, but wtf is up with dungeons. Did my first AC run last night, and fuck me it was slow going. Trash pulls are almost as bad as bosses, and some of the bosses are just fucking retarded.

So far I've done the first three (only story mode) and AC was probably the worst. I honestly don't know if they intended it to be a "weed out" dungeon, but it kind of felt like it. Maybe it's partially because you come in totally unprepared for AC for what dungeons entail, but I think as a first introduction to dungeons in the game it kind of fails (unless they want people's first experience with running dungeons in the game to be about frustration). Based on difficulty they should have probably made CM the first dungeon.

But I do feel so far that the dungeons need some work. The difficulty/tuning of the ones I've run seems off. I think trash mobs could benefit from a bit of a HP reduction. Prolonged fights with trash mobs are not really "more" challenging, just more boring. Keep their damage but lower their hps. I don't see any reason why dungeons have to be artificially lengthened by things like that. If a dungeon feels long it should be that way because of the variety of things you have to accomplish and the actual size of the dungeon, not because you're doing same thing over and over for a long time (e.g. long fights with trash mobs).

Also, some of the bosses seemed a little out of balance compared to the others. I felt pretty much every boss in AC story was easy except for the Lovers, which seemed a little too hard. I think that place could benefit from beefing up the other bosses a bit and toning down that one (also, this was my experience in TA with Brangoire compared to everything else, though that could have been because none of us knew what to do)

Last edited:
The biggest trouble people seem to have with AC is the trap rooms and the lovers fight. You can just get someone to roll or blink to the trap levers to turn those off and for the lovers fight you can just ferry some boulders in from the necromancer's room and dedicate someone to throwing boulders at the dude so he's knocked away from the woman and constantly being knocked over. It makes that fight the easiest one of them all.

I'm not a big fan of dungeons, mainly because its hard to find a 4 good players and most are just too long. Sounds like I'm not missing much.

The biggest trouble people seem to have with AC is the trap rooms and the lovers fight. You can just get someone to roll or blink to the trap levers to turn those off and for the lovers fight you can just ferry some boulders in from the necromancer's room and dedicate someone to throwing boulders at the dude so he's knocked away from the woman and constantly being knocked over. It makes that fight the easiest one of them all.

My group had the biggest trouble with the Ascalonian Rangers (I think that's it, the mobs that dropped traps and did a crazy damaging hail of arrows). Any group of them and it was worse than a boss fight. Seriously ridiculous for a trash mob.

Last edited:
i dont get it... anet put so much love and effort into pve in so many ways but missed the mark on the most basic shit. just a few tweaks could make it so much better. also theres too many npcs with too many dialogues that are completely pointless... they dont have to be anti-quest to be different from wow

AC's difficulty is definitely out of line with the other dungeons (the Lovers fight in particular). Cadecus was pretty much a cakewalk in comparison.

Back