Inside the head of a huffington post journalist :rofl: by KingSobieski - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Inside the head of a huffington post journalist :rofl:
Page 2 of 2
Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 03-22-2019, 22:20
society can be legit blamed for a lot of the modern day "mental illness." partially, i think the medical field has a lot of blame for this. everyone has issues with insecurity and anxiety when it comes right down to it, and seems like doctors deal with this by serving up pills right away. i know way too many people who have been on or are currently on some kind of mental health medication.

the pills don't seem to help in any long term manner, and most of these people are pussies who have no sense of personal accountability. i guess it's because they've already tried to "fix" themselves by taking heavily regulated substances? they've done their part in the equation, so what else can they do besides be nervous wrecks and make everyone around them miserable? idk.

tldr - i'd bet dollars to donuts, this dumb ***** has some slight anxiety issues, saw a doctor, got some meds, and is even more miserable than before because (a) the pills didn't do anything and (b) she has no desire to stop being a ****head

Last edited by Veniggs; 03-22-2019 at 22:25..
Sponsored Links
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
22 - 03-22-2019, 22:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniggs View Post
society can be legit blamed for a lot of the modern day "mental illness." partially, i think the medical field has a lot of blame for this. everyone has issues with insecurity and anxiety when it comes right down to it, and seems like doctors deal with this by serving up pills right away. i know way too many people who have been on or are currently on some kind of mental health medication.

the pills doesn't seem to help in any long term manner, and most of these people are pussies who have no sense of personal accountability. i guess it's because they've already tried to "fix" themselves by taking heavily regulated substances? they've done their part in the equation, so what else can they do besides be nervous wrecks and make everyone around them miserable? idk.
idk most mental health medications aren't more dangerous than candy and most mental health professionals are smart enough not to start on xanax, adderall, and lithium. you have to stick with it a while to get to the 'hard' stuff, and still none of it is nearly as dangerous as pain pills. i think pill-popping is used as a scapegoat, drugs aren't even that effective.

how do you fix someone if you've already assumed they're a ***** that can't take responsibility for themselves? isn't that the root issue? like i don't see the gain in blaming someone for at least trying.

my currently subscribed theory for "mental health epidemic" is that society (or american society at least) has gotten to a point of basic needs and comfort fulfillment that our brains' mechanisms for triggering things like responsibility and self-care and desire to work are being short-circuited. the brain is a tool that evolved for survival. very few people need to make more than trivial effort to survive in this world, and that is including the people who work two jobs 80 hours a week, compared to the conditions our ancestors evolved in. and i don't see that as a bad thing. making someone starve to fix their depression is a bad solution.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
23 - 03-22-2019, 22:39
hard to fight mental illness

when the things we are told matters, what we work, what we fight, for keep creating more of it

i mean they keep celebrating women working and holding off having kids......highest number of women in the work force ever!!!! but when sampled the most unhappy group of people in our country are 40 something year old women who are not married and do not have kids in a job where they can't advance any further.

we are told materialism and consumerism makes you happy when the people with the most useless **** tend to become the most unhappy

we are told that people with a strong social media status makes you popular but you can see that they are also the most empty with no actual connections in their life and always trying to appeal to others online.

that social media and depression have a strong correlation now

most of our psychologists are as insane as anyone i have ever met on the street

more of the problem or the cure idk

i just observe

Last edited by Captain Tele; 03-22-2019 at 22:42..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
24 - 03-22-2019, 22:47
winning at post modern life

piss earth clown world

might make you the most insane person alive some might argue

Mr. Guru is my 'go to guy' when it comes to gun rights and foreign policy.

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 03-22-2019, 22:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
idk most mental health medications aren't more dangerous than candy and most mental health professionals are smart enough not to start on xanax, adderall, and lithium. you have to stick with it a while to get to the 'hard' stuff, and still none of it is nearly as dangerous as pain pills. i think pill-popping is used as a scapegoat, drugs aren't even that effective.

how do you fix someone if you've already assumed they're a ***** that can't take responsibility for themselves? isn't that the root issue? like i don't see the gain in blaming someone for at least trying.

my currently subscribed theory for "mental health epidemic" is that society (or american society at least) has gotten to a point of basic needs and comfort fulfillment that our brains' mechanisms for triggering things like responsibility and self-care and desire to work are being short-circuited. the brain is a tool that evolved for survival. very few people need to make more than trivial effort to survive in this world, and that is including the people who work two jobs 80 hours a week, compared to the conditions our ancestors evolved in. and i don't see that as a bad thing. making someone starve to fix their depression is a bad solution.
who is starving exactly? you actually have to try to starve yourself in the first world. even the people with real/severe mental health issues, e.g. homeless people, have a hard time starving here.

and people like the author are pussies that can't take care of themselves. spending money because you're nervous and get into yourself into credit card debt? that's really not that big of a problem to have, compared to the problems people elsewhere in the world face. it doesn't mean that they don't need help or can't figure it out. all of us could use help from time to time. however society responds with quick and heavy servings of bull****, and it turned this poor girl into a dumb whore that is comfortable sharing her sexual insecurities and substance abuse issues in one photo posted for the entire world to see.

and i'm calling bull**** that most medical professionals know better when treating patients.

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
26 - 03-23-2019, 09:59
A typical news show is still death destruction weather finance and a feelgood story to end it.

At the end, when they zoom out to credits and the audio drops and the news anchor shuffles his papers while the other two at the desk nod I wonder if they are ever muttering crude insults at each other while smiling and nodding.

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Inside the head of a huffington post journalist :rofl:

Social Website Bullshit