I moved to Wisconsin [pics]

sunset_wheat.jpg

Van, try one of these when you get a chance.

I wish my girlfriend liked outdoors stuff.

I took her on a pretty minor excursion a couple years ago. It wasn't even in the Whites because I realize that is a lot to ask of somebody that isn't used to it.

She hated it, got mad at me, and said she never wanted to do it again.

True story.

I took her on a pretty minor excursion a couple years ago. It wasn't even in the Whites because I realize that is a lot to ask of somebody that isn't used to it.

True story.

Yeah. I hear ya. My wife did accompany me on some climbs/hikes in CO (even a 14er) but I think I would have a hard time talking her into it again.

imgp1648bw2.jpg

I think the trick is having some super-impressive scenery along the way. That kept her motivated. And flowers.

Nice catch, Vanster!

True story.

you gotta ease them into it. I'm training mine into it. started out in a tent in the back yard, and now she's the one dragging me out to hiking or canoe trips.

She still isn't up for the tough stuff, but getting there.

this is awesome. congratulations buddy!

ps - buy her a pair of lululemon yoga pants online. she might have a problem with how corporate it is, but you will thank me when you're walking behind her and she's got them on.

this is awesome. congratulations buddy!

ps - buy her a pair of lululemon yoga pants online. she might have a problem with how corporate it is, but you will thank me when you're walking behind her and she's got them on.

looking now. . .

Ed, where did you find this? I'm so down.

you gotta ease them into it. I'm training mine into it. started out in a tent in the back yard, and now she's the one dragging me out to hiking or canoe trips.

She still isn't up for the tough stuff, but getting there.
When I go to NH in the summer, I typically leave around 10PM so that I can start climbing at 2AM. She'd want no part of that regardless of what I do. And really, that's fine with me because I enjoy the solitude.

Still, there are days when I'd like to do something but can't because she'll have no part of it.

congrats man

wisconsin is a great state, madison is a super nice city if you're nearby
also, head up to eagle river or 3 lakes sometime

I'd love to visit WI. Great forests/rivers/lakes. Also: Delicious cheese.

I don't think I'd want to move there, though. Too flat for me.

I'd love to visit WI. Great forests/rivers/lakes. Also: Delicious cheese.

I don't think I'd want to move there, though. Too flat for me.

She has already said you are welcome here.
Lots of lakes and things, I think you would like it.

that's the best reason to hike with a chick. Other than making them catch all the spider webs before you. :D

nothing wrong with a good pair of jeans tho.

jeans.jpg

She has already said you are welcome here.
Lots of lakes and things, I think you would like it.
Cool. If I make it out that way, I will drop in. You're one of the few people on here that I wouldn't mind hanging out with.

I was also planning a trip back to MT this year. I was going to drive out and stop in MN/WI for a few days and probably also take in the Dakotas and the Black Hills. I was going to hit a few places in MT before finishing up with a week or two in GNP. If I had the time and money, I was planning on looping back east through CO.

Unfortunately, the money that I had saved for that had to go into my gas tank, so that was axed along with the AT. Which is unfortunate because this is the first time in several years that I haven't been enrolled in summer classes.

I'll let you know when I get around to taking the trip.

TW never ceases to amaze me. This thread could have easily turned into a major flame fest with everyone bashing Vanster for not recognizing the "ho playbook" or whatever.

I guess thats what happens when you aren't a douche to everyone.

I also don't think I have ever seen Kurayami be so nice before... :worried:

Back