Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin
Page 20 of 20
-Timber
VeteranXX
Old
381 - 07-07-2008, 20:44
Pft....Griffin doesn't wake up until someone has beaten the snot out of him for two rounds.

Sponsored Links
KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
382 - 07-07-2008, 21:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas Tzu View Post
He said tim and AA were great fights. :p
i meant the drama+casual fan part

Morbid
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
383 - 07-07-2008, 21:18
I'm ready to see Tim Boetsch fight again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc_EuQKt1Jo

JohnnyX
VeteranXV
Old
384 - 07-07-2008, 21:42
You probably know, but Boetsch fought Hamill after that fight, and it was kind of unimpressive.

I think he gassed, but they were fighting at elevation in CO, and a lot of guys looked lethargic.

SteveDave
VeteranX
Old
385 - 07-07-2008, 21:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
@ scar tissue, as if forrest has spent the last 10 years boxing professionally or something
I think it's pretty well known that you get cut more in UFC than boxing. Smaller gloves = more cuts = more scare tissue. And Forest does a good job at taking a beating.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
386 - 07-07-2008, 22:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
i don't think anyone will deny that rampage is probably the better fighter. i said this as soon as griffon won: ufc is going to start rotating champs for a while.

their hw and LHW divisions are looking silly, now. sylvia, couture, fedor being out, and the LHW belt about to play musical chairs.
HW division is great, its only missing fedor and couture, sylvia isn't worth of being a champ of anything. except a hot dog eating contest. Big Nog is fine, he didn't beat fedor in japan, but I'm sure he's always for a rematch.

The LHW division is so god damn stacked every month is bound to have an incredible LHW matchup I would assume, if everyone stays healthy. You can't ask for a better LHW division, he truly brought together the best talent in the world for that division.

KryptidE
VeteranXV
Old
387 - 07-07-2008, 22:14
any videos out yet ?

edit: nevermind got one :

http://www.mmaroot.com/quinton-rampa...-ufc-86-video/

Last edited by KryptidE; 07-07-2008 at 22:20..
KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
388 - 07-07-2008, 22:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDave View Post
I think it's pretty well known that you get cut more in UFC than boxing. Smaller gloves = more cuts = more scare tissue. And Forest does a good job at taking a beating.
probably the opposite actually, the much larger gloves in boxing encourages fighters to punch each other in the face more. Fighters are much more likely to hurt their hands with the MMA gloves.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
389 - 07-07-2008, 23:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhost View Post
HW division is great, its only missing fedor and couture, sylvia isn't worth of being a champ of anything. except a hot dog eating contest. Big Nog is fine, he didn't beat fedor in japan, but I'm sure he's always for a rematch.

The LHW division is so god damn stacked every month is bound to have an incredible LHW matchup I would assume, if everyone stays healthy. You can't ask for a better LHW division, he truly brought together the best talent in the world for that division.
He's got the fighters, but none of the actual fights. Saving one good fight every other UFC is pretty ****ed up.

And I think you have to be joking yourself if you think Tim doesn't belong on the top of the heavyweight lists.

filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
390 - 07-07-2008, 23:20
I think the addition of elbows alone makes it easier to get cut in MMA moreso then boxing.

SteveDave
VeteranX
Old
391 - 07-07-2008, 23:23
Quote:
probably the opposite actually, the much larger gloves in boxing encourages fighters to punch each other in the face more. Fighters are much more likely to hurt their hands with the MMA gloves.
I'll give you that, but add in elbows and knees. I think Forest has taken his fair share.

edit - ^

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
392 - 07-08-2008, 11:39
Well generally cuts from elbows tend to happen higher up on the head rather than the eye & cheek area.

slowmo
VeteranXV
Old
393 - 07-08-2008, 11:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyX View Post
You probably know, but Boetsch fought Hamill after that fight, and it was kind of unimpressive.

I think he gassed, but they were fighting at elevation in CO, and a lot of guys looked lethargic.
Boetsch took that Hamill fight off short rest on top of the elevation.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
394 - 07-08-2008, 12:30
Quote:
Well generally cuts from elbows tend to happen higher up on the head rather than the eye & cheek area.
i think most elbow cuts i've seen are usually in the brow area....

Fompatron
Veteran++
Old
395 - 07-08-2008, 15:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post
i think most elbow cuts i've seen are usually in the brow area....
Yeah brow to top of the hairline.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
396 - 07-08-2008, 15:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
He's got the fighters, but none of the actual fights. Saving one good fight every other UFC is pretty ****ed up.

And I think you have to be joking yourself if you think Tim doesn't belong on the top of the heavyweight lists.
How many people are worth mentioning in the heavyweight list, that could make a "pound for pound ****ing awesome" list?

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
397 - 07-08-2008, 15:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fompatron View Post
Yeah brow to top of the hairline.
yeah the forehead area. Not only is it a much larger target than the eye area but it bleeds alot more.

Last edited by KnightMare; 07-08-2008 at 15:42..
foolish
VeteranX
Old
398 - 07-08-2008, 15:37
i heard opsayo trains

Page 20 of 20

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , balls touching , kahula lays jew eggs , matthew dewald is fat , rogan said goat vagina , ufc