Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin
Page 13 of 20
n3gative
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
241 - 07-06-2008, 05:50
grats to forrest, I had the fight as a draw. 10-9 1st round ramp, 10-8 2nd round forrest, 10-9 3rd round forest and rampage winning 4 and 5. rounds 3-5 were very tight.

Sponsored Links
TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
242 - 07-06-2008, 06:05
how did rampage win round 5? forrest connected way more, rampage missed almost all his shots

i agree with the score, round 1 was pretty close, round 2 rampage got rocked, round 3 forrest got rocked, almost epic slammed, and was put on his back, but still got 9 points (great defense on his back, impressed with it), forrest won round 4-5, he did most of the work, rampage wasn't really aggressive at all, suprises me.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
243 - 07-06-2008, 06:45
Funny how so many people called Rampage

first round by stoppage? are you kidding? Some of you must have never seen forrest fight or train.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
244 - 07-06-2008, 06:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0C7 View Post
Rampage looked terrible. I wouldn't have given it a unanimous decision, but at least a heavy split. He deserved to lose it.

Wanderlei is going to ****ing destroy him if they fight a third time.
That is horse ****. QJ's stand up is 10x better than it used to be, and anyone with a glass jaw or someone who isn't up to forrest's ability would have gone down after a few of those hooks or uppercuts that connected pretty solidly.

QJ's ground game is terrible, but then again he isn't on his back often. He's got great head movement, accurate shots, and tons of ****ing power behind connecting punches and combo's. For instance, Chuck has to use an overhand right to knock someone out, rampage can do it with a counter hook.

He didn't look terrible, Forrest was just prepared specifically to fight rampage and in this fight was the significantly better fighter that doesn't mean QJ was terrible and certainly not as bad as you make it sound.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
245 - 07-06-2008, 07:01
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/?page_id=3561

Surge
VeteranX
Old
246 - 07-06-2008, 07:31
goat vagina

Icey
VeteranX
Old
247 - 07-06-2008, 07:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
first round by stoppage? are you kidding? Some of you must have never seen forrest fight or train.
Seeing as how Rampage almost knocked him out in the first, I'd say it was a fair guess.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
248 - 07-06-2008, 08:11
i think i would have gone:

10-9 rampage
10-8 forrest
10-9 rampage
10-9 rampage
10-9 forrest

rounds 3-4 are less obvious.

btw:
for stat heads:
http://fightmetric.com/fights/Griffin-Rampage.html

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
249 - 07-06-2008, 08:14
Quote:
Funny how so many people called Rampage

griffin was rocked and tko'd by jardine in the first of that fight.

Rampage's knee was a major factor throughout the 2nd through 5th rounds.

anyone got postfight interviews?

S0C7
VeteranXV
Old
250 - 07-06-2008, 09:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post

Rampage and his trainer Juanito are yelling that Rampage didn't lose and want an immediate rematch.

Predictable, really.

S0C7
VeteranXV
Old
251 - 07-06-2008, 09:05
Quote:
That is horse ****. QJ's stand up is 10x better than it used to be, and anyone with a glass jaw or someone who isn't up to forrest's ability would have gone down after a few of those hooks or uppercuts that connected pretty solidly.

QJ's ground game is terrible, but then again he isn't on his back often. He's got great head movement, accurate shots, and tons of ****ing power behind connecting punches and combo's. For instance, Chuck has to use an overhand right to knock someone out, rampage can do it with a counter hook.

He didn't look terrible, Forrest was just prepared specifically to fight rampage and in this fight was the significantly better fighter that doesn't mean QJ was terrible and certainly not as bad as you make it sound.
I'm not taking anything away from Forrest. He's beaten two guys that "he can't beat" in a row (and I was saying that he couldn't beat either). I guess there's a little bias in my tone. Forrest obviously wanted it more.

Anyway, I've been saying that Rampage will beat Wanderlei if they fight a third time, but now I don't really believe it.

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
252 - 07-06-2008, 09:09
I went to BJ's bar/lounge for dinner on July 2nd and as we were walking out, I look in the window of the gym next door, and there is Forrest training for the fight.

The dude I was with (my pal visiting from Baltimore) almost had a stroke and got all paparazzi... taking pics with his cell phone through the glass window, and I had to pull him away to let the dude train in ****ing peace.

I should have taken a pic myself but I didn't think of it... it was a cool moment.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
253 - 07-06-2008, 09:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post

True, but that fight was a wake up call for him. You could see the difference in how he kept his feet moving and forced rampage on the outside. Used his jab and reach advantage for the leg kicks. He's a much better fighter, and honestly I think he'd rock jardines face in a rematch.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
254 - 07-06-2008, 09:47
think the UFC adopts the new weight classes?

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
255 - 07-06-2008, 10:44
I thought the decision in this fight was complete horse****.

I had it:

10-9 Jackson
9-10 Griffin
10-9 Jackson
10-9 Jackson
9-10 Griffin

48-47 for Jackson

I don't feel comfortable giving a 10-9 round when you land one shot that hurts a guy and then do nothing with it. Jackson was never in danger on the ground in Round 2, and Forrest didn't really do any damage to speak of.

I can see how some people would have given a 10-8 though, but even still, that puts my score at 47-47 for a Draw.

I absolutely cannot see Forrest coming out with a 2 point decision in that fight (not to mention that one of the judges gave a 10-10 which you really should never do). I watched the whole fight twice, and I just don't see it.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
256 - 07-06-2008, 10:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post

I had it:

10-9 Jackson
9-10 Griffin
10-9 Jackson
10-9 Jackson
9-10 Griffin

48-47 for Jackson

I don't feel comfortable giving a 10-9 round when you land one shot that hurts a guy and then do nothing with it. Jackson was never in danger on the ground in Round 2, and Forrest didn't really do any damage to speak of.

I can see how some people would have given a 10-8 though, but even still, that puts my score at 47-47 for a Draw.

I absolutely cannot see Forrest coming out with a 2 point decision in that fight (not to mention that one of the judges gave a 10-10 which you really should never do). I watched the whole fight twice, and I just don't see it.
the new unification rules should help some.... i think mccarthy is going to be training judges on a new certification course, which should help.

problem is a lot of people think forrest won round 3 even though that was close.
Also, check the fight stats... it has rampage eeking one out based on 'pride rules' and a draw on the 10pt must system, which seems about right, but based on judges error you can see:

10-9, 8-10, 9-10, 10-9, 9-10 = 46-48 griffin, i guess thats how two got it... but I dunno.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
257 - 07-06-2008, 11:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post

I had it:

10-9 Jackson
9-10 Griffin
10-9 Jackson
10-9 Jackson
9-10 Griffin

48-47 for Jackson

It doesn't matter.

As long as Forrest is on top throwing elbows and punches and attempting submissions (which he did) he's scoring points. Round 2 was easily 10-8.

For the majority of the fight Forrest pushed more , applied pressure, had octagon control, and was just slightly better throughout the entire fight. Even Jackson knows it.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
258 - 07-06-2008, 11:32
Quote:
It doesn't matter.

As long as Forrest is on top throwing elbows and punches and attempting submissions (which he did) he's scoring points. Round 2 was easily 10-8.

For the majority of the fight Forrest pushed more , applied pressure, had octagon control, and was just slightly better throughout the entire fight. Even Jackson knows it.
I said even if you give a 10-8 (I wouldn't), then it was 47-47.

There's literally no way that Griffin wins that fight by 2 points.

Throwing a lot of shots that don't land and do no damage should NOT score points. Rampage had excellent head movement and landed far, far more effective strikes. His punch count was lower, but he crushed Griffin on effectiveness.

Edit: And if you count a keylock above the head and a front back choke as "submission attempts", you're probably a ****ing retard.

Last edited by PessimiStick; 07-06-2008 at 11:34..
NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
259 - 07-06-2008, 12:30
wow. i feel like **** now. i really wanted to see rampage win that fight.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
260 - 07-06-2008, 12:42
btw, since koscheck beat lytle, that helps recement him nearer the top of 170, probably 4th-6th in the division?

Page 13 of 20

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , balls touching , kahula lays jew eggs , matthew dewald is fat , rogan said goat vagina , ufc