Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page [Controversial]BG AFK Botting
Page 2 of 4
fido
Veteran4
Old
21 - 07-01-2008, 16:39
if you are smart with bg botting, you can get away with it. i've been botting for a day now. my toon gets at least 1 kb each bg. so it doesnt look like i am botting. Just looks like he is aweful

Sponsored Links
GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 07-01-2008, 17:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fido View Post
if you are smart with bg botting, you can get away with it. i've been botting for a day now. my toon gets at least 1 kb each bg. so it doesnt look like i am botting. Just looks like he is aweful
wow, a whole day?

gentlemen, start your bots!

slick spic
VeteranX
Old
23 - 07-01-2008, 19:11
a guildy of mine used to bot. he and some other ppl he knew were really good coders, so they just made an insane bot. we used to do premade wsg w/ a 10 man, so we'd always get up against other premade 10 mans, esp cause it was a wsg weekend.

his bot was so ridiculous that, as an enh sham, we didn't mind leaving him solo to defend flag. we knew we would get it back if it got away from our base, but i'd say about 90% of the time, the enemy flag capper was dead and the flag returned w/in 20-30 seconds of the flag being picked up. he'd come back from being out most of the day and have an extra 10k+ honor just sitting on his char

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 07-01-2008, 19:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick spic View Post
a guildy of mine used to bot. he and some other ppl he knew were really good coders, so they just made an insane bot. we used to do premade wsg w/ a 10 man, so we'd always get up against other premade 10 mans, esp cause it was a wsg weekend.

his bot was so ridiculous that, as an enh sham, we didn't mind leaving him solo to defend flag. we knew we would get it back if it got away from our base, but i'd say about 90% of the time, the enemy flag capper was dead and the flag returned w/in 20-30 seconds of the flag being picked up. he'd come back from being out most of the day and have an extra 10k+ honor just sitting on his char
they code these from scratch or on top of glider or something?

foolish
VeteranX
Old
25 - 07-02-2008, 15:28
link to said hacks

slick spic
VeteranX
Old
26 - 07-02-2008, 16:51
dunno. never used it or had it. willing to bet from scratch. they're the kinda ppl who, if someone mentioned something during a raid about how we could use some kind of addon to help w/ something, would be able to have it by the end of trash or in between wipes on progression

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 07-02-2008, 17:04
not entirely far fetched... doubt it exists though.

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
28 - 07-04-2008, 05:41
BULL****

mthd
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 07-04-2008, 10:44
I used regular old.. well I wont advertise but its a pretty common one. On an alt rogue I just hit 70 about 3 weeks ago with greens and botted on and off since then. I would usually play during the evenings so I only ran it during the day or while i was asleep. Nothing special it ported to base and ran into walls. Stealth is pretty nice though. I had shadowstep and sap as my actions which is pretty hilarious just to sit and watch. Since hitting 70 I have full merc and guardians/vindicators now.

In that whole time I've only been whispered 3 times (it takes screenshots) in regards to being afk and once was to apologize to my bot for marking me afk when i was clearly shs sapping like a pro.

People are only pissed about bots in mmos because it affects them directly or makes the long meaningless grind they did legit, even more meaningless. Don't try to tell me its about morals, like botters are horrible people while most "legit" players log off and go watch/listen to their stolen movies/music or passively agreed to free loot while exploiting a boss or terrain at some point in their wow career.

I play BGs for fun all the time too, but I dont see why I can't benefit for my off time aswell. as my current alt has proven the prevention is pretty shoddy at best so if blizzard doesnt care enough to improve it, I dont care enough to not exploit it.

9er
VeteranX
Old
30 - 07-04-2008, 12:00
Rebel without a cause.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 07-04-2008, 13:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthd View Post
I used regular old.. well I wont advertise but its a pretty common one. On an alt rogue I just hit 70 about 3 weeks ago with greens and botted on and off since then. I would usually play during the evenings so I only ran it during the day or while i was asleep. Nothing special it ported to base and ran into walls. Stealth is pretty nice though. I had shadowstep and sap as my actions which is pretty hilarious just to sit and watch. Since hitting 70 I have full merc and guardians/vindicators now.

In that whole time I've only been whispered 3 times (it takes screenshots) in regards to being afk and once was to apologize to my bot for marking me afk when i was clearly shs sapping like a pro.

People are only pissed about bots in mmos because it affects them directly or makes the long meaningless grind they did legit, even more meaningless. Don't try to tell me its about morals, like botters are horrible people while most "legit" players log off and go watch/listen to their stolen movies/music or passively agreed to free loot while exploiting a boss or terrain at some point in their wow career.

I play BGs for fun all the time too, but I dont see why I can't benefit for my off time aswell. as my current alt has proven the prevention is pretty shoddy at best so if blizzard doesnt care enough to improve it, I dont care enough to not exploit it.

The only problem is you get banned eventually and it seems kind of counter productive

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 07-04-2008, 14:41
Quote:

Works beautifully til you do actually get banned. Then you'll feel insulted that they dare punish you. Then you'll probably quit and we'll have yet another "ZOMG TEH WOW SUCS IM GONA PLY AOC TIL WAR COMZ OUTT" thread. No worries though, keep on sticking it to the man. Oh yeah, unless you're new to the history of bot bans, you should know that yes botting accounts do get banned from time to time but the vast majority are allowed to continue until they have about 50k accounts to ban. Have fun though

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 07-04-2008, 14:48
yeah i botted for probably 4-6 months

did like 3 toons to 60 (pre tbc) and had one pretty highly ranked warrior (i cant remember the horde ranks but i almost had the full set)

then i got banned

i never had a single gm whisper logged

Calder
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 07-04-2008, 15:08
I botted 3 or 4 70s
Each got full honor gear

I got one char banned at level 35 or so

The rest have been sold

I stopped botting on the one account I have now when I had full honor gear. Before the ban wave fortunately.

mthd
VeteranXV
Old
35 - 07-04-2008, 17:45
Actually you get time bans before account closure, anyone who says they got account closed with no warning for botting BGs are full of **** or don't read their emails. There is no "ban wave", the term came about in regards to win trading for which there became a large number and was suddenly being dealt with resulting in a wave as it did with glider. There's no random inspection and they definitely don't write your name down and wait till they hit some magic number to ban you.

Sorry if i came off as 'sticking it to the man', but the OP said "Controversial" botting, so I thought I should post something in regards to the controversy (or lack of, imo). I was however wearing my Che Guevara t-shirt when i wrote it.

Last edited by mthd; 07-04-2008 at 17:59..
-Masqu3-
VeteranX
Old
36 - 07-04-2008, 18:35
Quote:
Actually you get time bans before account closure, anyone who says they got account closed with no warning for botting BGs are full of **** or don't read their emails. There is no "ban wave", the term came about in regards to win trading for which there became a large number and was suddenly being dealt with resulting in a wave as it did with glider. There's no random inspection and they definitely don't write your name down and wait till they hit some magic number to ban you.

Sorry if i came off as 'sticking it to the man', but the OP said "Controversial" botting, so I thought I should post something in regards to the controversy (or lack of, imo). I was however wearing my Che Guevara t-shirt when i wrote it.
um youre wrong. you dont get time ban before closure. they simply ban your account and send you an email saying you were using 3rd party programs.

mthd
VeteranXV
Old
37 - 07-04-2008, 19:16
nope im right. unless you use glide or other elaborate bots which use waypoints etc you will always get a warning. If you read any bg bot forums its pages of people getting 3/24/72 hour bans.

mthd
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 07-04-2008, 19:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post
The only problem is you get banned eventually and it seems kind of counter productive
same anytime you gamble, you have to know when to quit.

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 07-04-2008, 20:51
Quote:
nope im right. unless you use glide or other elaborate bots which use waypoints etc you will always get a warning. If you read any bg bot forums its pages of people getting 3/24/72 hour bans.
I doubt the ban wave shelled out a bunch of 3/24/72 hour bans. Sorry, che but they never warned any of the last losers crying about bans. I'm a cheapskate and can't search the forums (you can relate) otherwise I'd post a nice list of threads here for you to read up on.

lol @ wow gambling though
Sure I guess you can call just about anything a gamble. That said, you've showed your lack of care for your own money/time. Maybe you should apply it to this forum and stop caring what we think and consequently stop posting inane ****.

I'm sure your pride will get the better of you but if it doesn't then we'd all love an update thread some time in the future about your inevitable ban. I just love saying 'I told you so'

mthd
VeteranXV
Old
40 - 07-05-2008, 00:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralHell View Post
I doubt the ban wave shelled out a bunch of 3/24/72 hour bans. Sorry, che but they never warned any of the last losers crying about bans. I'm a cheapskate and can't search the forums (you can relate) otherwise I'd post a nice list of threads here for you to read up on.

lol @ wow gambling though
Sure I guess you can call just about anything a gamble. That said, you've showed your lack of care for your own money/time. Maybe you should apply it to this forum and stop caring what we think and consequently stop posting inane ****.

I'm sure your pride will get the better of you but if it doesn't then we'd all love an update thread some time in the future about your inevitable ban. I just love saying 'I told you so'
Like i said anyone saying they had no warning is lying or was using a variation of glide. People on TW would likely lie about it since they have their e-rep here, however minor, to uphold. Whereas a bg bot forum it seems more likely people would post fact with everything already in the open. Hences pages and pages of non account closure warnings. So no.. I didn't bother to even search for what i know to be false innocence.

You have no idea what you're talking about as apparent in your various assumptions about me and vast lack of knowledge on the subject. Also saying "why do you care what we think" is probably the weakest most cliche argument on the whole internetz but thanks for the laugh. Relating my botting as not caring about my money/time is also laughable. In fact it's the opposite. Enjoy being months behind with greens while I am already retiring to the 2400s on several alts because it didn't take me nearly as long to gear up.

gambling time and money like you said.. it was merely a comparison to make a point and yes it fits You say "that said" as if you made a point.

cliffs: lolol no ur **** is inane lollol that said y dont u stop caring about me caring about u caring lol warcraft lol.

edit: since we are assuming we know each other I assume you are old and fat probably mid-late 30s judging how you misuse words like cheapskate which are long out of circulation, you're married but shes also fat.

Last edited by mthd; 07-05-2008 at 00:45..
Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page [Controversial]BG AFK Botting

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
kahula lays jew eggs