Reload this Page WotLK info
Page 4 of 4
Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 07-13-2008, 06:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralHell View Post
Who wants to play a graphically and gameplay superior MMO that's relatively deserted? Sure you'll have great fun by yourself or any friends you can con into it but I can think of at least 3 other genres that are free to play and can deliver equal amounts of fun.
personal preference really. i'd be happy if warhammer got just 1 million players. i mean i know they want as much as they can get, but i like not having all the retarded people playing with me. i mean that's the downside of any MMO for me, is some of the people. and WoW is made up of a lot of those types of people i try to avoid :\

don't get me wrong, i was a complete retard on my first MMO, but i've played a **** load of them since then, and i adapt to them like white on rice. maybe i'm elitest, but the people i play and socialize with tend to agree with me on that point. the amount of people that are level 70 in that game that really have no clue how to play their class boggles my mind. not all of them could have got their characters from ebay. well... maybe they could have.

anyway, it's beside the point i know. i agree that wow is the most successful MMO in terms of their player base and obviously their financial gain. not even warhammer will top it, that's a given. i can only personally hope warhammer gains enough players to make any given server interesting. you don't need to have 10 million players on an MMO to enjoy yourself.

Sponsored Links
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 07-13-2008, 12:26
I ended up canceling my AoC account before the 30 days of free play time was up, the game took too long to load after the number of crashes and memory leak issues I was having. I really can't stand games that take close to 8 minutes to get into and start playing at this point, this a issue with the level of hardware in my computer but I don't have the money to drop a few hundred dollars into upgrading right now when I can play WoW just fine.

I stopped playing Bf2142 and BF2 because of the amount of time it took to get in a game, just to find out the server sucks and having to start looking again, it could easily take 30 minutes to find a decent server, and for those times that you only feel like playing for 30 minutes I just stopped logging in.

I like to spend my time working on improving how I preform in a game instead of trouble shooting crashes and lag issues by adjusting settings endlessly.

Mangle-Me-Elmo
VeteranXX
Old
63 - 07-13-2008, 12:34
i only read your last paragraph

i really thought this was a thread from 2001 about tribes 2 for a second

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
64 - 07-13-2008, 12:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdal View Post
personal preference really. i'd be happy if warhammer got just 1 million players. i mean i know they want as much as they can get, but i like not having all the retarded people playing with me. i mean that's the downside of any MMO for me, is some of the people. and WoW is made up of a lot of those types of people i try to avoid :\

don't get me wrong, i was a complete retard on my first MMO, but i've played a **** load of them since then, and i adapt to them like white on rice. maybe i'm elitest, but the people i play and socialize with tend to agree with me on that point. the amount of people that are level 70 in that game that really have no clue how to play their class boggles my mind. not all of them could have got their characters from ebay. well... maybe they could have.

anyway, it's beside the point i know. i agree that wow is the most successful MMO in terms of their player base and obviously their financial gain. not even warhammer will top it, that's a given. i can only personally hope warhammer gains enough players to make any given server interesting. you don't need to have 10 million players on an MMO to enjoy yourself.

elitist

Ciceron
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
65 - 07-13-2008, 15:56
T2 only gave me 1 UE and I couldn't replicate it.

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 07-13-2008, 17:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post
elitist
oh man you got me, oh man.

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 07-13-2008, 23:14
Quote:

Um, look around. The amount of ****tards in anygame can probably be outlined through statistics. I'm willing to bet at least half of the people playing WoW or any other game have not idea wtf they're doing. That's 50%.
And there is no exception. So go to any game you like mmo, fps or otherwise. You won't find a purity of intellectuals in any game.

Take WAR for example. Everyone talks about how great the PvP aspect of the game is going to be. And I'm sure it is... by design. But there's a reason they put warnings on online games about the gameplay changing once you're on the wild wild web. Dollars to donuts plenty of idgits will ruin it to some degree.

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
68 - 07-14-2008, 00:37
there are 10 million players in WoW. there is small fraction of that in every other MMO. i'm fairly sure the odds of there being more retards in WoW than other MMOs is pretty high.

taking what i said in my previous post, most pure WoW players think other MMOs suck in comparison. those people, coincidence or not, tend to be among the ones i would rather stay away from. which is a good thing because they won't be in the games i actually want to play.

are there idiots in every MMO? yeah, i never said there wasn't. can there be less than another game? certainly.

G-Force
VeteranXX
Old
69 - 07-14-2008, 01:59
there were retards in daoc, there are retards in aoc..there will be retards in war and yes, there are definately retards in wow

so what? dont like it, dont play it...and get the **** out of the WoW sub forums.

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
70 - 07-14-2008, 02:32
well it's people like you that get so defensive over something so stupid haha. i was just talking about WoW's success, and it turned into that. it's like you guys think i don't know WoW is a successful MMO. and if you're going to talk about the number of retards in a game, then i'll talk about that too. i didn't bring up how many there are, just that it's a pretty common thing in WoW. more so than it is in other game MMOs. i also fully acknowledged there are retards in every other game, but i guess you either didn't read that, or couldn't read that.

also, i can post where i like. god forbid anyone debate, or discuss something in any way/shape/form on an internet message board. what a concept!

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 07-14-2008, 02:56
Quote:
are there idiots in every MMO? yeah, i never said there wasn't. can there be less than another game? certainly.
Log into any mmo and I'm sure you can get anyone's story of 'the biggest idiot ever' If everyone has an idiot story then what does that mean? It means either all or a good part of the gaming population are fools. Now what seems more logical?

And yes, by sheer numbers it means WoW has more idiots but statistically you have the same odds of encountering one no matter what you play. Like I said, all AoC, EVE, WoW, EQ, DAoC and soon WAR players will have a "So this moron..." story. If you seriously think you can find a game with a lower chance at bumping into one of these tools then I think you should look in the mirror...

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
72 - 07-14-2008, 09:37
what the hell are you people arguing about

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
73 - 07-14-2008, 09:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralHell View Post
If you seriously think you can find a game with a lower chance at bumping into one of these tools then I think you should look in the mirror...
wow personal attacks, you really are trying to elevate this huh? well i'm not going to lower myself to that level. you don't seem to be getting where i am coming from. i'm not arguing the fact there are idiots in every mmo, or anything like that. just that for me, personally, i think WoW has a higher density than the average MMO. partly due to the size of the player base, and partly because of the wide advertisement that brings more than people that are actually in to MMOs in the first place. and they want to pick it up because it's the popular thing to do.

but yeah **** me for having an opinion right, what was i thinking

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
74 - 07-14-2008, 12:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCase View Post
what the hell are you people arguing about
heimdal is still trying to convince us why hes too leet for wow

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
75 - 07-14-2008, 12:17
Quote:
wow personal attacks, you really are trying to elevate this huh? well i'm not going to lower myself to that level. you don't seem to be getting where i am coming from. i'm not arguing the fact there are idiots in every mmo, or anything like that. just that for me, personally, i think WoW has a higher density than the average MMO. partly due to the size of the player base, and partly because of the wide advertisement that brings more than people that are actually in to MMOs in the first place. and they want to pick it up because it's the popular thing to do.

but yeah **** me for having an opinion right, what was i thinking
Why would having more players increase the cross section of retards?

It increases the raw number of retards, but it would also do the same for intelligent players.

Your position is faulty.

Page 4 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page WotLK info

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
kahula lays jew eggs , wotlk