Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency
Page 9 of 40
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
161 - 07-01-2008, 14:29
No, Edmonton likes to send offer sheets to other small market teams and drive up their salaries.

How's Penner doing?

Sponsored Links
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
162 - 07-01-2008, 14:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Exactly, but you know some team is going to pay those kind of dollars. They'll take the hit if they think he can help the team offensively.
Yeah, I mean if you paired him with a good, solid stay at home guy (which the Sabres don't have), he might be ok. He did ok on the top line in SJ because teams don't really attack with that line out there as much.

Still, my last memory of the guy was having Stu Barnes drive the net on him and he turned away like a bullfighter.

Not the guy I want on the ice in the playoffs.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
163 - 07-01-2008, 14:31
Penner is doing great. Lowe was desperate to get people to Edmonton and he's willing to overpay people to get them here. Just look at the Vanek sheet for proof of that. Maybe the new owner will try to get rid of the bad reputation that a few players have spread about this city.

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
164 - 07-01-2008, 14:32
well for the 4.25 million he is getting a year check out these insane numbers lol
GP G A +- Pts
82 23 24 -12 47

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
165 - 07-01-2008, 14:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
Just look at the Vanek sheet for proof of that.
Yeah, I've seen it. We're still trying to bring our franchise back from the dead after that deal. Brilliant move by Lowe.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
166 - 07-01-2008, 14:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweedo View Post
well for the 4.25 million he is getting a year check out these insane numbers lol
GP G A +- Pts
82 23 24 -12 47
And? Here's what 5.25 is getting you in Gagne:
GP G A Pts +-
25 7 11 18 -8

He sure played a lot!

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
167 - 07-01-2008, 14:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
Yeah, I've seen it. We're still trying to bring our franchise back from the dead after that deal. Brilliant move by Lowe.
Regier didn't have to match it. The smart move would have been to let him go. I would let a player like him go and take the picks that they were giving back.

TripLikeIDo
VeteranXV
Old
168 - 07-01-2008, 14:40
Off The Posts - July 2008

"The Vancouver Canucks are after Mats Sundin.
League sources told Sun Media the Canucks have offered the Toronto captain a two-year, $20 million deal.
Sundin hasn't decided on his future, but he's contemplating it."

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
169 - 07-01-2008, 14:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweedo View Post
GP G A +- Pts
82 23 24 -12 47
That isn't the part that would really bother me. He put up 2 more points than he did in Anaheim (though 6 less goals) but he did it with more ice time, more PP time, and more responsibility. He doesn't have a defensive game to speak of, so what you get out of him for the money is a big body in front of the net, and point production.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
170 - 07-01-2008, 14:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripLikeIDo View Post

League sources told Sun Media the Canucks have offered the Toronto captain a two-year, $20 million deal.
I think that is a horrible offer and place for him to go. I think he'd do much better in Montreal or Detroit if he's going after a cup and doesn't care about getting less money.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
171 - 07-01-2008, 14:43
Quote:
Regier didn't have to match it. The smart move would have been to let him go. I would let a player like him go and take the picks that they were giving back.
This was right after we lost both our captains and best players to free agency.

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
172 - 07-01-2008, 14:44
If you cant see the parallels between EDM and TOR right now you are ****ing blind.

Trading away players for prospects and picks. Playing Youth.

Trolling for the sake of trolling can be fun I guess.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
173 - 07-01-2008, 14:45
Quote:
Yeah, I mean if you paired him with a good, solid stay at home guy (which the Sabres don't have), he might be ok. He did ok on the top line in SJ because teams don't really attack with that line out there as much.

Still, my last memory of the guy was having Stu Barnes drive the net on him and he turned away like a bullfighter.

Not the guy I want on the ice in the playoffs.
Even throwing a good stay at home guy with him would be a double-edged sword. A lot of the good ones are the guys you'd want out on the ice against an opposing team's top line, and you certainly don't want Campbell out there against that line.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
174 - 07-01-2008, 14:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post
If you cant see the parallels between EDM and TOR right now you are ****ing blind.

Yeah, as much as I hate Toronto, they are FINALLY going in the right direction. They could never bite the bullet and just rebuild until now.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
175 - 07-01-2008, 14:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripLikeIDo View Post

Holy ****. $10 million a year?

TripLikeIDo
VeteranXV
Old
176 - 07-01-2008, 14:46
Quote:
I think that is a horrible offer and place for him to go. I think he'd do much better in Montreal or Detroit if he's going after a cup and doesn't care about getting less money.
I think GM Mike Gillis is desperate and wants to get something done before Luongo jumps ship.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
177 - 07-01-2008, 14:46
10 mil a year???? sundin isnt worth that wtf

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
178 - 07-01-2008, 14:48
Quote:
This was right after we lost both our captains and best players to free agency.
That's true but you could have taken the $10 million Vanek would make and get a couple of decent players and take the picks in the upcoming draft to gets some youth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post

There's a huge difference between Edmonton and Toronto. Many players will easily go and play in Toronto. It's not exactly the same in Edmonton.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
179 - 07-01-2008, 14:49
Quote:
That's true but you could have taken the $10 million Vanek would make and get a couple of decent players and take the picks in the upcoming draft to gets some youth.
This isn't the NFL where many first rounders are in the league starting next year. We don't rush our players along. That's 4 picks over 4 years. We can't wait 5+ years for decent hockey.

Our owner and GM also held a press conference and said flat out that we would match any offer, as the Lowe rumors were swirling. And he pulled the trigger anyway...

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
180 - 07-01-2008, 14:50
Quote:
And? Here's what 5.25 is getting you in Gagne:
GP G A Pts +-
25 7 11 18 -8

He sure played a lot!
Actually, retard. His money didn't count against the cap because we shut him down for the year genius. Thats how we were able to aquire vinnie prospal and make the playoffs. That was really poor wasn't it. Oh and for 5.25 million a year we got a two time 40 goal scorer. Almost a 50 goal scorer with 47. He is also our best two way player and an influential player on the ice. I'm sorry what was penner again?

Page 9 of 40

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , bettman ruined tribes , but i poop from there! , canada sucks , crosby loves dick , epic thread , free gon , fuck you all :# yetskii , hockey , hockey. who gives a shit? , ikea is for faggots , kahula lays jew eggs , kings , lol leafs lol , nhl , penis , pens suck , red wings sc champs , visnovsky , yetskii is a homer , yetskii works at ikea , yetskii=dickstain