Page 8 of 40
Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
141 - 07-01-2008, 14:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post
perry was signed a while ago

tampa is going nuts right now, however they have done nothing to fix their garbage D and goaltending.
At least they're doing more than Toronto right now since Cliff is only buying out contracts.

Sponsored Links
Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
142 - 07-01-2008, 14:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I wonder how much Campbell is going to be (over)paid.
I expect him to get over $6 million a year. That's probably much lower than he'll get.

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
143 - 07-01-2008, 14:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
At least they're doing more than Toronto right now since Cliff is only buying out contracts.
?

That is exactly what Torontos plan is, and I am perfectly happy with the team rebuilding properly.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
144 - 07-01-2008, 14:10
pens resign mark eaton

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
145 - 07-01-2008, 14:11
Quote:
I expect him to get over $6 million a year. That's probably much lower than he'll get.
He is going to get 8 mil easy

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
146 - 07-01-2008, 14:12
i expect campbell to get around 6.5 - 7 mil/yr

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
147 - 07-01-2008, 14:13
Mike Green got 5.25.

Campbell will get at a min 7.

Baloo
Veteran++
Old
148 - 07-01-2008, 14:14
Curtis Joseph Signs for 1 year with the Toronto Maple Leafs for an unknown amount.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
149 - 07-01-2008, 14:15
Quote:
I expect he'll get about the same, with $6 million being on the low side. It makes me laugh though. I can't help but look at the contracts of defensemen much better than him. Lidstrom, Pronger, Niedermayer, and even Zubov. Of all of them only Lidstrom is making over $7 million.

I just can't make myself believe he's worth it. I know a puck-moving defenseman is something every GM salivates over, but he's very one-dimensional. He's not bad defensively, like some of them, but he's not great. I suppose I might have a different opinion if it was Anaheim who needed him .

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
150 - 07-01-2008, 14:15
SIGH

he better back up pogge or something

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
151 - 07-01-2008, 14:16
Quote:
?

That is exactly what Torontos plan is, and I am perfectly happy with the team rebuilding properly.
So the plan is to tank this year and hope to get the first pick in the upcoming draft for Tavares? Sounds like a solid plan!

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
152 - 07-01-2008, 14:17
The plan is to get rid of ****ty old vets and move towards a youth based team.

I cant think of another team that has done this...oh **** EDM did.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
153 - 07-01-2008, 14:19
penguins did it too and it worked out well for them

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
154 - 07-01-2008, 14:19
- THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS HAVE TRADED DEFENSEMAN DENIS GAUTHIER AND A SECOND ROUND PICK IN 2009 TO THE LOS ANGELES KINGS IN EXCHANGE FOR TWO PROSPECTS.

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have acquired 6***8217;3***8221;, 205-pound defenseman Patrik Hersley (HUHRS-lee) and 6***8217;0***8217;, 185-pound left wing Ned Lukacevic (loo-kuh-SAY-vihk) from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for defenseman Denis Gauthier and their second round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, according to club General Manager Paul Holmgren.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
155 - 07-01-2008, 14:21
dunno much about any of those players...wont know anything about that deal for at least a couple years

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
156 - 07-01-2008, 14:22
Quote:
I expect he'll get about the same, with $6 million being on the low side. It makes me laugh though. I can't help but look at the contracts of defensemen much better than him. Lidstrom, Pronger, Niedermayer, and even Zubov. Of all of them only Lidstrom is making over $7 million.

I just can't make myself believe he's worth it. I know a puck-moving defenseman is something every GM salivates over, but he's very one-dimensional. He's not bad defensively, like some of them, but he's not great. I suppose I might have a different opinion if it was Anaheim who needed him .
To be fair, the players you listed were also signed during years with lower caps.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
157 - 07-01-2008, 14:22
Quote:

Campbell is a ripoff at $6mil+. His defense is very questionable at times. Sure he can skate like the wind and join the rush like a 4th forward, but he ends up hurting you that way as much as he helps.

He was never even on Buffalo's top defensive pair, and our top pair blows. That should say a lot. There's a reason Buffalo wouldn't even want him at $5 mil per.

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
158 - 07-01-2008, 14:22
It was salary dumping i know that. The goat had a 2.5 mil contract. I think the flyers are gearing up for a big move. We got something for nothing too with the goat. We were going to buy him out lol

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
159 - 07-01-2008, 14:26
Quote:
The plan is to get rid of ****ty old vets and move towards a youth based team.

I cant think of another team that has done this...oh **** EDM did.
Except the "****ty old vets" that Edmonton got rid of weren't ****ty. Pronger and Smyth were far from ****ty or old. Edmonton also doesn't have a history of trading a ****load of picks trying to bring talent in (aside from Roloson and for signing Penner).

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
160 - 07-01-2008, 14:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
Campbell is a ripoff at $6mil+. His defense is very questionable at times. Sure he can skate like the wind and join the rush like a 4th forward, but he ends up hurting you that way as much as he helps.

He was never even on Buffalo's top defensive pair, and our top pair blows. That should say a lot. There's a reason Buffalo wouldn't even want him at $5 mil per.
Exactly, but you know some team is going to pay those kind of dollars. They'll take the hit if they think he can help the team offensively.

Page 8 of 40

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , bettman ruined tribes , but i poop from there! , canada sucks , crosby loves dick , epic thread , free gon , fuck you all :# yetskii , hockey , hockey. who gives a shit? , ikea is for faggots , kahula lays jew eggs , kings , lol leafs lol , nhl , penis , pens suck , red wings sc champs , visnovsky , yetskii is a homer , yetskii works at ikea , yetskii=dickstain