Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency
Page 7 of 40
Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
121 - 07-01-2008, 13:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
jesus they must have had like no salary on that team. i think they are just throwing money at the problem tho.
That's what Philly did and it seemed to have done pretty well for them.

Sponsored Links
Android1
VeteranXV
Old
122 - 07-01-2008, 13:19
philly could play defense and had a goalie that is worth something. only atlanta gave up more goals than TB and what have they done to remedy that??

mike smith isnt the answer in goal i dont think....and their D is just brutal

edit: philly signed jason smith and timonen. TB overpayed for forward talent...big difference

Last edited by Android1; 07-01-2008 at 13:22..
Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
123 - 07-01-2008, 13:22
Smith isn't that bad. He just needs some defense in front of him and you're right about them having brutal d. They're just throwing money at forwards hoping they are able to score more goals instead of getting better d that will prevent goals aganst them.

Edit: It appears Kolzig might be going to Tampa so that might be a good pair of goaltenders to split the duty.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
124 - 07-01-2008, 13:23
the problem with smith is...his contract is up after this year. if he has a big year, he will command a big raise and with all of these people they are signing, they will most likely lose him because of their cap issues.

he is unproven and has a horrible D in front of him

edit: kolzig would be a decent signing by them. was thinking they needed a veteran goalie like a ty conklin or roloson.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
125 - 07-01-2008, 13:28
He has put up some respectable numbers in Dallas so I don't think he's that unproven. He'll probably get a good contract if he does well this year. I do NOT think Conklin is a vetran goalie. I will have nothing but dislike for the guy that can't even keep track of his own D in his end when playing the puck. Roloson may have been better than Kolzig but I expect Edmonton to get rid of Roloson later in the season if they get an extension with Garon and bring up one if their goalies from the AHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
dallas was a really good team that played defensive hockey. TB has no D...i dont think he will be as good in TB as he was in dallas because of that. time will tell.
That's true, he didn't do too well when he got there but I think it was mostly adjusting to such a different situation. I think he can adapt to it.

Last edited by Xcursion; 07-01-2008 at 13:31..
Android1
VeteranXV
Old
126 - 07-01-2008, 13:30
dallas was a really good team that played defensive hockey. TB has no D...i dont think he will be as good in TB as he was in dallas because of that. time will tell.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
127 - 07-01-2008, 13:30
Christ, looking at Edmonton's roster shows something unsettling. We really need to get rid of some centers and bring in some wingers.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
128 - 07-01-2008, 13:31
i think i will be pulling for edmonton this year....getting center ice so i need west coast team to watch.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
129 - 07-01-2008, 13:36
I would only watch Edmonton for Gagner, Cogliano and Nilsson if I weren't already an Oilers fan. They do some great things when they click.

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
130 - 07-01-2008, 13:42
- THE MINNESOTA WILD HAVE SIGNED FORWARD ANDREW BRUNETTE TO A MULTI-YEAR CONTRACT (TERMS NOT YET AVAILABLE) AND ACQUIRED DEFENSEMAN MAREK ZIDLICKY FROM THE NASHVILLE PREDATORS IN EXCHANGE FOR PROSPECT RYAN JONES AND A SECOND ROUND PICK IN 2009.

Sorry its in caps. I copied it

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
131 - 07-01-2008, 13:44
brunette is a solid pick up i think...wont make up for the loss of rolston tho. zidlicky is also a solid defenseman

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
132 - 07-01-2008, 13:44
Where are the big deals? They must have started cracking down on the tampering.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
133 - 07-01-2008, 13:46
Well, Perry is signed.

Quote:
The Anaheim Ducks have agreed to terms on restricted free agent forward Corey Perry.

It is five-year deal worth $26.625 million and an average of $5.325 a year.

The breakdown by year is as follows: $4.5 million, $6.5 million, $5.375 million, $5.375 million and $4.875 million.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2421...s=topStory_nhl

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
134 - 07-01-2008, 13:48
Yeah but he wasn't signed away from another team. Well i still expect Redden, streit, campbell and hossa to be signed by today

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
135 - 07-01-2008, 13:48
perry was signed a while ago

tampa is going nuts right now, however they have done nothing to fix their garbage D and goaltending.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
136 - 07-01-2008, 13:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post
perry was signed a while ago

tampa is going nuts right now, however they have done nothing to fix their garbage D and goaltending.
If by "a while ago" you mean maybe an hour and a half, give or take about 10 or 20 minutes, then yes. It wasn't posted though, so I posted it.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
137 - 07-01-2008, 13:55
vancouver signs kyle wellwood

yippee skippee

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
138 - 07-01-2008, 13:56
wellwood signed

have fun with a fat useless kid

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
139 - 07-01-2008, 13:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
If by "a while ago" you mean maybe an hour and a half, give or take about 10 or 20 minutes, then yes. It wasn't posted though, so I posted it.
that is what i meant :P

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
140 - 07-01-2008, 14:00
I wonder how much Campbell is going to be (over)paid.

Page 7 of 40

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , bettman ruined tribes , but i poop from there! , canada sucks , crosby loves dick , epic thread , free gon , fuck you all :# yetskii , hockey , hockey. who gives a shit? , ikea is for faggots , kahula lays jew eggs , kings , lol leafs lol , nhl , penis , pens suck , red wings sc champs , visnovsky , yetskii is a homer , yetskii works at ikea , yetskii=dickstain