Sponsored Links
Yetskii
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
82 - 07-01-2008, 11:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
yah there are a few guys that need to be locked up...but the pens have a lot of room plus they will be able to spend to the cap when the new arena opens in a couple years. they have been operating on a budget for a long time.

rumor is that staal isnt signing an extension this year because he had a bad year this year and wouldnt command a whole lot of money.

edit: NJ just locked up salvador 4 yr/11.6 mil
**** the Pens..

J/K

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
83 - 07-01-2008, 11:32
red wings are gonna have a bit of a cap issue after this next year....zetterberg is only makin 3 mil and franzen less than 1 mil. they will both be commanding huge raises.

edit: wonder how many games the wings will sell out next year....over/under set at 10

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
84 - 07-01-2008, 11:34
edmonton just traded raffi torres to columbus for some guy ive never heard of

Yetskii
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
85 - 07-01-2008, 11:38
Quote:
red wings are gonna have a bit of a cap issue after this next year....zetterberg is only makin 3 mil and franzen less than 1 mil. they will both be commanding huge raises.

edit: wonder how many games the wings will sell out next year....over/under set at 10
That depends if we can get out the the ****ing economic slump. More layoffs coming, 8%+ unemployment...sigh.

Wings have about 9 mil or so to play with right now, if anything they could rent a good free agent for the year(Sundin?), the sign Zetts for sure, and hopefully the Mule. They are grooming Zetts for the next captain. He will stay. Franzen has to play like he did at the end of the year to get alot more. He needs to keep it up. Plus there is the possible cap raise next year as well. Stuart is more than Likely gone, but I think the younger guys are ready. They may need to pick up a good defender.

dkvampster
VeteranXX
Old
86 - 07-01-2008, 11:39
gilbert brule.
he's a good young player.
traded probably more for potential.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 07-01-2008, 11:41
yah...because the lions sell out even tho those tickets cost even more for a ****tier team...give me a break. economic slump seems to only hurt hockey

edit: the wings are the best team in detroit and the fans around here only come out to support them during the playoffs. television ratings are even down for the wings. i try to watch as much hockey as possible and usually its by watching FSN detroit and all i see are empty seats every game. the franchise needs to lower ticket prices instead of constantly increasing them.

Last edited by Android1; 07-01-2008 at 11:43..
Android1
VeteranXV
Old
88 - 07-01-2008, 11:44
NJ just resigned jay pandolfo as well as declining the option on sergei brylin

dkvampster
VeteranXX
Old
89 - 07-01-2008, 11:49
10 minutes till free agency begins. *excited*

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 07-01-2008, 11:51
im pretty pumped too

Yetskii
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
91 - 07-01-2008, 12:01
Quote:
yah...because the lions sell out even tho those tickets cost even more for a ****tier team...give me a break. economic slump seems to only hurt hockey

edit: the wings are the best team in detroit and the fans around here only come out to support them during the playoffs. television ratings are even down for the wings. i try to watch as much hockey as possible and usually its by watching FSN detroit and all i see are empty seats every game. the franchise needs to lower ticket prices instead of constantly increasing them.
Lions = 16 games a season, Wings 82...not counting post season or preseason. The cost for filling up the Joe for 41 games is much much greater than filling ford field 8 times.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
92 - 07-01-2008, 12:03
Just when you think the Wings are screwed and finally going to take a hit, they pull 2-3 guys out of their system who are great and they never miss a step. ****ing Wings... draft a bust now and then.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
93 - 07-01-2008, 12:03
did the joe even sell out 8 times last year?? (not including playoffs)

edit: i went to a few playoff games when they played calgary last year...didnt even sell those games out.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 07-01-2008, 12:06
Yes, their attendance isn't great, although they do have high prices and an arena which is bigger than most (holds 21,000+ iirc)

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 07-01-2008, 12:06
wings resigned stuart....good signing by them

Yetskii
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
96 - 07-01-2008, 12:07
Quote:
did the joe even sell out 8 times last year?? (not including playoffs)

edit: i went to a few playoff games when they played calgary last year...didnt even sell those games out.
No idea. I imagine they probably did. Did you know that most of those empty seats in the lower bowl were season ticket holders seats? Even tho they were not there, they were counted as sold. I think there at 7-8k if not more season ticket holders, the Joe holds 20k or so....

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
97 - 07-01-2008, 12:10
i did know that. i dont consider detroit hockeytown anymore tho...they used to be rabid hockey fans here...and i dont notice it anymore. a lot might be due to the tigers resurgence and the pistons being good.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
98 - 07-01-2008, 12:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanox View Post
I hate that numbers site, they list the paid salary in the yearly blocks but list the cap hit all in one column. I'd use HockeyBuzz.com , which is based off of the nhlscap site. Ecklund may be full of **** but at least his web team did a pretty good job on the cap listing, and they keep it fairly latent. They also have a button to switch between cap hit and salary paid.
I don't really like the cap list since it's just NHLSCAP.com - Your #1 resource for NHL Salary Cap information but only a few days ago they partnered with hockeybuzz. It's also wasn't very up to date when I'd go to check it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkvampster View Post
10 minutes till free agency begins. *excited*
Not really. They're clearing some cap space hoping to get Hossa and whoever they trade Pitkanen for. It seems like they're getting rid of pretty much everyone that was part of the 05-06 Cup run.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
99 - 07-01-2008, 12:19
pens resigned dupuis at 1.4 mil/yr

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
100 - 07-01-2008, 12:31
oilers traded pitkanen for winger erik cole from carolina

Page 5 of 40

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , bettman ruined tribes , but i poop from there! , canada sucks , crosby loves dick , epic thread , free gon , fuck you all :# yetskii , hockey , hockey. who gives a shit? , ikea is for faggots , kahula lays jew eggs , kings , lol leafs lol , nhl , penis , pens suck , red wings sc champs , visnovsky , yetskii is a homer , yetskii works at ikea , yetskii=dickstain