Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency
Page 4 of 40
Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
61 - 07-01-2008, 04:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
people are overestimating our expenditures so far, if we can get rid of roli we've cleared up almost 4 million dollars, and realistically we could give him away for nothing if we had to
Getting rid of him would be good but not many teams are willing to pay his salary for a backup goalie. Plus we have to look at the future and lock Gagner and Cogliano up long term. Edmonton is already at $49 million for the upcoming season so we have less than $9 to work with. It would have been great to have offloaded Roli to LA in that deal to help compensate for the salary we are taking with Vishnovsky. It's pretty interesting to see how other teams are doing as far as their salaries go. nhlnumbers.com » Home

Sponsored Links
Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 07-01-2008, 08:17
The flyers after everyone laughed at them have done pretty well to lock up Richards, briere , hartnell and timmonen for at least 5 years.

Last edited by Gweedo; 07-01-2008 at 12:28..
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
63 - 07-01-2008, 08:51
**** Edmonton. I hope the Canadian dollar tanks and the franchise has to fold.

Throw around some more offer sheets on RFAs and help the league right back into another lockout.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 07-01-2008, 09:32
rolston is not signing in TB....GO SHERO GO SIGN HIM HE WOULD LOOK GOOD IN A PENS SWEATER

dkvampster
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 07-01-2008, 09:48
hossa and demitra to the canucks my prediction.
also sign bertuzzi naslund and morrison, re-uniting the west coast express.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 07-01-2008, 09:50
theres no way they can afford all of them...hossa will get 8-9 mil/year by himself. plus, i think naslund is gone

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
67 - 07-01-2008, 09:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
Getting rid of him would be good but not many teams are willing to pay his salary for a backup goalie. Plus we have to look at the future and lock Gagner and Cogliano up long term. Edmonton is already at $49 million for the upcoming season so we have less than $9 to work with. It would have been great to have offloaded Roli to LA in that deal to help compensate for the salary we are taking with Vishnovsky. It's pretty interesting to see how other teams are doing as far as their salaries go. nhlnumbers.com » Home
I hate that numbers site, they list the paid salary in the yearly blocks but list the cap hit all in one column. I'd use HockeyBuzz.com , which is based off of the nhlscap site. Ecklund may be full of **** but at least his web team did a pretty good job on the cap listing, and they keep it fairly latent. They also have a button to switch between cap hit and salary paid.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
68 - 07-01-2008, 10:05
The salaries are going to be insane today. With the cap going up, which also drives up the spending floor, teams are going to be throwing out crazy money. I bet nobody gets a deal that is considered even close to reasonable.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 07-01-2008, 10:07
crosby at 8.7 mil/year is gonna be a huge bargin....i expect hossa to get 8.5 maybe even 9 mil/year

or he could stay with the pens for 7 mil/yr a guy can dream

dkvampster
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 07-01-2008, 10:09
hossa turned down a huge deal from the pens worth somewhere in the range of 7m per.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 07-01-2008, 10:12
i know that he turned it down...but he still expressed interest in staying with the pens because they have a good chance to win it all. the offer is still on the table and might go up a little bit during the day today.

pens have like 34.5 million committed to salaries for next year. sydor will be traded or bought out soon so the pens will have a bit of money to do something with.

dkvampster
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 07-01-2008, 10:31
expect malkin, staal, and fleury to be extended. it limits how much the pens can spend. maybe not this year but I bet thats what shero is thinking. hossa is going for the big deal, multiple years at a large dollar amount.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
73 - 07-01-2008, 10:37
yah there are a few guys that need to be locked up...but the pens have a lot of room plus they will be able to spend to the cap when the new arena opens in a couple years. they have been operating on a budget for a long time.

rumor is that staal isnt signing an extension this year because he had a bad year this year and wouldnt command a whole lot of money.

edit: NJ just locked up salvador 4 yr/11.6 mil

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
74 - 07-01-2008, 11:04
pens and malkin have agreed to a new deal....same as crosby's deal...8.7 mil/yr. good work shero.

dkvampster
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 07-01-2008, 11:08
how many yrs

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
76 - 07-01-2008, 11:08
5 year deal...same as crosby's

dkvampster
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 07-01-2008, 11:10
are they waiting for noon to offically announce it?

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 07-01-2008, 11:11
they dont have to i dont think, he was a RFA...details and signatures are happening right now

EDIT: MIGHTY DUCKS 3 ON TBS RIGHT NOW GO GO GO GO

dkvampster
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 07-01-2008, 11:13
well he has one more year left on his original deal, they can't extend an offer to him until the last year of his deal which starts at noon today. (if you wanted to get technical)
but yeah thats a good signing, he is definately worth crosby money, he stepped it up this year.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 07-01-2008, 11:14
45 minutes from the insanity.

See how many 12:01 deals get done. Tampering? Nahhhh!!!! Never!

By the way, the Sabres GM is supposed to be holding a press conference now (probably signed one of our RFAs). Nice to see our GM not busy right before free agency.

Page 4 of 40

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , bettman ruined tribes , but i poop from there! , canada sucks , crosby loves dick , epic thread , free gon , fuck you all :# yetskii , hockey , hockey. who gives a shit? , ikea is for faggots , kahula lays jew eggs , kings , lol leafs lol , nhl , penis , pens suck , red wings sc champs , visnovsky , yetskii is a homer , yetskii works at ikea , yetskii=dickstain