Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency
Page 1 of 40
Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 06-30-2008, 10:28
So the fun begin's. I can't believe that the kings dealt their top defenseman Vishnovsky for two average forwards in Edmonton. Bertuzzi cleared waivers was another strange occurance.

How about tampa bay this year? They are looking like one hell of a team at the moment. Rolston, V. Lecavalier and st louis as a top line. Steven Stamkos, Ryan Malone, Jeff Halpern and Jussi Jokinen. I don't think they will be the laughing stock of the league this year. If only they had a decent keeper.

Sponsored Links
DrSupey
Custom title by
Rayn
Old
2 - 06-30-2008, 10:33
First

EDIT: I FEEL VERY SPECIAL TO HAVE THE FIRST POST IN THIS WONDERFULLY LONG THREAD BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER SEEN A GAME OF ICE-HOCKEY BUT I KNOW THERE'S SOME RULE OR SOMETHING CALLED ICING WHEN YOU PASS THE PUCK OVER TOO MANY LINES OR SOMETHING LIKE WHAT THEY HAVE IN NETBALL.

Last edited by DrSupey; 07-02-2008 at 11:58..
Zombie
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 06-30-2008, 10:34
Rolston will be a huge loss for the wild.

Rovero
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 06-30-2008, 10:36
The trading for the rights thing is a crazy loop hole.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 06-30-2008, 10:37
malone got like 7.5 million for the first 2 years of the deal...pretty rediculous for someone that got 51 points playing with malkin TB is spending like crazy...but on the wrong positions IMO

they still have no defense and no goalie...and they still wont be very good

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
6 - 06-30-2008, 10:38
Campbell is going to be hanging out with his agent in Ottawa on his Slater St office on July 1st. Not sure if it's indicative of anything yet, but it's important to keep in mind that Campbell knows the city, has said he would like to play in the East for a team near his family. There's a decent chance that he could sign with the Sens, but whether or not it happens depends on the other types of offers he gets.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 06-30-2008, 10:42
the penguins need to get their **** in gear and sign orpik...they havent dont **** and its looking like next year might be a step backwards. their D will be really solid again (if orpik signs) and fleury is amazing. they need some scoring forwards and some grit.

shero made some really good signings last offseason in sykora and sydor at 2.5 mil/yr each. he will find someone in FA. i wouldnt mind maybe darcy tucker in a pens uniform if the price is right.

Yetskii
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 06-30-2008, 10:43
Funny, I was just reading this:

globeandmail.com: The free-agent merry-go-round

edit...here is what they say aboout sundin...

actually it is the wings who shoud persue him..my bad

Quote:
he Red Wings, meanwhile, have money to spend this summer because both Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen will play out their final years on their current contracts for very modest sums ($2.65 million and $941,667 respectively), but be in line for big raises the following year.

That's why Sundin, on a one-year deal, makes more sense than Hossa on a six-year deal, from a Red Wings' perspective.

Last edited by Yetskii; 06-30-2008 at 10:48..
Android1
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 06-30-2008, 10:45
sundin in detroit wouldnt be a bad fit with all the swedish players on the team...and it would give him a solid shot at finally getting a cup. i just think he wants to stay in the east and will prolly go to montreal.

Merranza
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 06-30-2008, 10:58
Got that feeling MTL will loop again on Sundin. But this time at least, Gainey moved and tried something. If Sundin says no, I'd do huge efforts to bring Jagr in to MTL.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 06-30-2008, 11:01
no way in hell is jagr going to montreal.....i only see a few places that he would sign...in russia, with the rangers, and MAYBE the pens as he has played their before.

jagr is a quirky guy and he can create a lot of problems with coaches and the locker room. i really dont want him in pittsburgh.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 06-30-2008, 11:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweedo View Post
So the fun begin's. I can't believe that the kings dealt their top defenseman Vishnovsky for two average forwards in Edmonton.
You obviously don't know much about Stoll or Greene since Greene isn't a forward and Stoll is an above average center. He's very strong in the circle and can put up points except these two seasons have been hard for him due to injuries and also getting less ice time as Gagner, Cogliano and Nilsson have played well together during the last half of the season.

There is also rumors that Stoll being sent out was to make room for a top 6 forward in either Vermette or Cole to be traded for Pitkanen.

CERVICAL-KREMS
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 06-30-2008, 11:09
I hope we keep Hossa but I don't think it's a necessity.

filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
14 - 06-30-2008, 11:22
Some people are speculating that Tucker might end up a flame and sign for less money. I would be alright with that.

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 06-30-2008, 11:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
You obviously don't know much about Stoll or Greene since Greene isn't a forward and Stoll is an above average center. He's very strong in the circle and can put up points except these two seasons have been hard for him due to injuries and also getting less ice time as Gagner, Cogliano and Nilsson have played well together during the last half of the season.

There is also rumors that Stoll being sent out was to make room for a top 6 forward in either Vermette or Cole to be traded for Pitkanen.
Stoll was -23 this year. Over the last two years he hasn't made it above 40 points. I don't care if he has had injuries and whatnot, the deal is dumb for L.A. Vish was one of the best offensive defenseman in the league. Infact there are very few better than him considering the stats he has for a poor team. I would of taken vishnovsky in a second if they offered him up

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 06-30-2008, 11:53
NHL free agency - the time when the big market teams push the league closer to the next lockout.

Teams historically don't gain much in free agency, just the teams that lose big players for nothing end up getting screwed.

Let's look at last year: The Rags threw tons of money at Drury and Gomez. What did they gain? 3 points in the standings total. That's it. They also made it to the same round in the playoffs as the previous year.

The Flyers threw money around and did make the playoffs, but that could be more because they traded for Biron and got stable goaltending more than signing Briere.

Some dumb team is going to throw $4 mil+ per year at a guy like Orpik who is an average d-man who had a good playoff. I'm glad my Sabres won't be getting into any bidding wars, and won't lose anyone we care about this summer.

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 06-30-2008, 11:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
The Flyers threw money around and did make the playoffs, but that could be more because they traded for Biron and got stable goaltending more than signing Briere.

No I really do believe that Lupul, Smith, Timmonen and hartnell kind of made a big difference last year. Biron was far from being stable this year too. He went on long streaks hot and cold

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 06-30-2008, 12:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweedo View Post
Stoll was -23 this year. Over the last two years he hasn't made it above 40 points. I don't care if he has had injuries and whatnot, the deal is dumb for L.A. Vish was one of the best offensive defenseman in the league. Infact there are very few better than him considering the stats he has for a poor team. I would of taken vishnovsky in a second if they offered him up
Stoll was still recovering from a concussion last year so he wasn't performing as well as he had in the past when he had 2 straight + seasons. Vishnovsky was also -18 last season.

Stoll was great in the cirlcle, good at PK and also had a spot on the PP with his shot from the point.

Vishnovsky may be good offensivly but many question his play in his own end. His only real gift will be on the PP but we also have Souray for that. He's also small for a defenseman at only 5-11 and 190 pounds. Oh, and his point total has been dropping like bricks over the past couple years. He went from 67 in 06-07 to 41 in 07-08. Looks pretty similar to what Stoll has done the past couple years. He doesn't have as good of an excuse like Stoll since he was concussed and that can take a long time to recover from.

Vishnovsky is also getting paid 5.6 million a year for the next 5 years. That money could have been better spent on Wade Redden since he's a more solid defenseman and typically he knows how to play his own end since he's only had a single - season his whole NHL career.

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
19 - 06-30-2008, 12:48
at malones contract
what a ****ing joke

VektorX
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 06-30-2008, 13:18
Quote:
Adding some intrigue to the story, last week the Lightning hired former Penguins' player Greg Malone as their head pro scout. Greg Malone is the father of Ryan.

Page 1 of 40

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , bettman ruined tribes , but i poop from there! , canada sucks , crosby loves dick , epic thread , free gon , fuck you all :# yetskii , hockey , hockey. who gives a shit? , ikea is for faggots , kahula lays jew eggs , kings , lol leafs lol , nhl , penis , pens suck , red wings sc champs , visnovsky , yetskii is a homer , yetskii works at ikea , yetskii=dickstain