Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Search Is Contributor Only
Page 9 of 15
kazan
VeteranXX
Old
161 - 06-30-2008, 08:57
Sounds like a fair decision.
But then... I'm not one of the affected.

Sponsored Links
Rovero
VeteranXV
Old
162 - 06-30-2008, 09:16
Friggin babies, you can donate $10. That is less then a gallon of gas. Most of you complaining spend to much time here to not be able to justify that.

Suck it up.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
163 - 06-30-2008, 09:19
since when is gas over 10$ a gallon

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
164 - 06-30-2008, 09:20
ANARCHY

Rovero
VeteranXV
Old
165 - 06-30-2008, 09:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
since when is gas over 10$ a gallon
It was a gross exaggeration I admit. Okay less than 2 gallons of gas if you live in CA.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
166 - 06-30-2008, 09:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merranza View Post
I don't even see why the admins have to justify themselves overs this decision, they can do whatever they want with their own site and people just have to stfu and leave if they are not happy. This thread goes beyond my sense of realism.
It's important to me people understand what went into the decision so they don't think I'm just trying to extort money from them. I really don't like that it's come to the point where staff members are paying out of pocket to keep parts of the website running.

trop
VeteranXV
Old
167 - 06-30-2008, 09:26
if i donate 20 cad bucks can i post in all pink?

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
168 - 06-30-2008, 09:28
if you post in pink, we'll all post in pink, it'll be anarchy.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
169 - 06-30-2008, 09:29
How often does search break anyways?

I only went to use it one time and realize it was broken, even other time it's been golden.

statsplz

Beren
Tribalwar Aussie
Contributor
Old
170 - 06-30-2008, 09:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSupey View Post
Hay Rayn

I'd donate if I didn't have to use PayPal. :/

I guess I'll have to fly to Tasmania and give Beren AUD$11 to send over. He can keep the change.
have you tried it lately? i don't find it so bad these days. But yes paypal sucked arse for australians for ages. i remember back when TW did one of its first donation drives trying to donate and having no love. hell i remember selling something to someone on TW once back in like 2001, and in the end just giving it away cos paypal was such a *****. It should be fine these days, but if you have a problem i am sure there are easier ways to send me money and i can pay your membership for you if you need search action.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
171 - 06-30-2008, 09:32
I'd be glad to donate, but I can't with paypal.

Paypal locks out your accounts if you don't use them regularly, and if I try to make a new one it says that the card is already in use with another account, then they want me to fax a bunch of credit card and personal information... no way I'm doing that.

Merranza
VeteranXX
Old
172 - 06-30-2008, 09:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
It's important to me people understand what went into the decision so they don't think I'm just trying to extort money from them. I really don't like that it's come to the point where staff members are paying out of pocket to keep parts of the website running.
I knew you would answer something like this to my reply. My post was actually a very positive comment saying that you were more than kind to explain to whiners your motivations behind your decisions when they proved always rational and well founded in the past. You did well.

Rovero
VeteranXV
Old
173 - 06-30-2008, 09:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post

Paypal locks out your accounts if you don't use them regularly, and if I try to make a new one it says that the card is already in use with another account, then they want me to fax a bunch of credit card and personal information... no way I'm doing that.
Mail a check

starwolf_nexus
VeteranXV
Old
174 - 06-30-2008, 09:38
doesn't effect me in the least... it really was a hit or miss, which quite often was the latter of the two.

I can't say I feel that it's a great incentive.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
175 - 06-30-2008, 09:41
im surprised this hasnt happened sooner.

Jelly
VeteranXX
Old
176 - 06-30-2008, 09:43
Cool

Merranza
VeteranXX
Old
177 - 06-30-2008, 09:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_nexus View Post
doesn't effect me in the least... it really was a hit or miss, which quite often was the latter of the two.

I can't say I feel that it's a great incentive.
5 yrs of posting for free and entertainment is enough of an incentive for 10, I repeat T-E-N bucks to donate to keep that alive.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
178 - 06-30-2008, 09:55
Yeah, I'll find a working paypal account... I just have to find a combination of e-mail and card number that work... f'n paypal...

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
179 - 06-30-2008, 09:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post

really? I didnt use my account for like 5 years and it still works.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
180 - 06-30-2008, 10:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
really? I didnt use my account for like 5 years and it still works.
Yeah, honestly I have no idea what happened. I keep the same e-mail and card number (just with different expirations obviously) and most of them won't let me in. I've never had any problems with the accounts or anything. I just use them to send money once in awhile.

They wanted me to fax my ssn, credit card number and exp date, and other stuff I was like, "are you freaking kidding me?"

What sucks is I can't add any of those cards to any other account that does work.

I found one that works, but am still waiting on an e-mail confirmation which still has not shown up yet...

Page 9 of 15

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Search Is Contributor Only

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
$10 pays for condoms , +1000 to ofn threads , announcement , assfrags is cheap , bad decision rayn , bad idea , badmofo is faggot , ballsack , cock munchers , cocks posting about cocks , donate , donate faggots , kahula lays jew eggs , nerdvirgins , noncontributers = fag , nooooo , ofngasm time , only $10 you cheap fucks , rayn ftw , scientology , search , search sucks anyways , tag you're it , what what in the butt