Page 3 of 19
Mudman
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 07-05-2008, 01:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
Ok, here we go lol.

Anyways, my rationale is that time goes to infinity.
Time itself is not infinite. If there was an infinite amount of time prior to this point in time we would have never reached this point.

Time is linked to space. Prior to the big bang there was no space, therefore no time.

Sponsored Links
Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
42 - 07-05-2008, 01:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
See, now you look like an idiot.
I am simply do not study science. Lack of knowledge does not mean someone is stupid.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 07-05-2008, 01:17
Quote:
If you go with the random event route, now you have to explain what caused this random event. Lets assume Big Bang Theory is correct. What caused the inital inifinte volume core to eventually explode and create everything as we know it? What was before it? Why did it happen, and why didnt things just stay the same with the infinitely dense core? There has to be a trigger, you have to fall back to something starting it.

Using Occam's razor, you choose the easiest of the two choices. That is why I go with entity.
What's easier to have, a rock rolling down a hill, or an invisible human moving a rock down a hill?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
44 - 07-05-2008, 01:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
Time itself is not infinite. If there was an infinite amount of time prior to this point in time we would have never reached this point.

Time is linked to space. Prior to the big bang there was no space, therefore no time.
Noted.

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
45 - 07-05-2008, 01:18
Quote:
I am simply do not study science. Lack of knowledge does not mean someone is stupid.
**** this troll ****

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 07-05-2008, 01:18
Quote:
You have a high mental strength and charisma (mental force), but below average processing ability. This makes you great for sales jobs, but poor for analytical projects. Religion suits you perfectly.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
47 - 07-05-2008, 01:19
Quote:
What's easier to have, a rock rolling down a hill, or an invisible human moving a rock down a hill?
The rock was at one point in time sitting in a neutral state. What is easier to have a rock in an initial state somehow being rolled down, or someone pushing the rock down.

Fear2
VeteranXV
Old
48 - 07-05-2008, 01:19
Quote:
So to fill in the blanks for the knowledge you don't have you decided to believe in god because you're too lazy to try to figure it out rationally? What, did you just say "**** it, its too hard to understand, clearly an imaginary being caused this!"

escapedturkey
Veteran4
Old
49 - 07-05-2008, 01:19
So in these sense of an entity, do you mean determinism?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determi...of_determinism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism#First_cause

Most importantly, if you believe in a 'first cause' entity, can randomness occur after the fact, or is that pre-determined as well?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
50 - 07-05-2008, 01:20
Quote:
You have a high mental strength and charisma (mental force), but below average processing ability. This makes you great for sales jobs, but poor for analytical projects. Religion suits you perfectly.
Well thank you Gil, but I would hope I have a above average processing ability lol.

hilo
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 07-05-2008, 01:20
Quote:
2. The ten foot rule. Anyone within ten feet of you is fair game. If someone sneezes, say, "God Bless You" and smile, while making eye contact. At stores, if someone is in front of you, say, "Marcia! I missed you in Church on Sunday!" When she turns around, you of course say, "Oh I'm sorry I thought you were someone else! From behind I could have sworn you sat in front of me in Church!" Then you'll both laugh and she'll feel good all day, and maybe think about actually going to Church herself.

LOL, I'm sorry too funny.
This is the kind of **** that makes me not want to associate with people of your kind.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
52 - 07-05-2008, 01:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear2 View Post
So to fill in the blanks for the knowledge you don't have you decided to believe in god because you're too lazy to try to figure it out rationally? What, did you just say "**** it, its too hard to understand, clearly an imaginary being caused this!"
The Bible clearly explains many of the questions I have, therefore I believe. Science only barely explains why we exist. It does not explain emotions or anything involving why we are this way.

So i basically believed in something that explained the majority of my questions. Wouldnt you as well?

Stinkfist
Server Bitch
Old
53 - 07-05-2008, 01:24
Gravity didn't cause me to fall, the devil grabbed me and was trying to pull me into hell! But god parried his attack by hitting the ground with my face!

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
54 - 07-05-2008, 01:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilo View Post
This is the kind of **** that makes me not want to associate with people of your kind.
Though I personally wouldnt use that tactic, I thought it was humorous so I brought it up!

Mudman
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 07-05-2008, 01:25
What sort of questions did you have? Just curious.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 07-05-2008, 01:26
Quote:
The rock was at one point in time sitting in a neutral state. What is easier to have a rock in an initial state somehow being rolled down, or someone pushing the rock down.
What's easier to have, a natural force like an earthquake push it down, or a person?

Think of the "back-end" needs of each: The natural force is a potential or real attribute of the universe. The living being needs its existence to be generated out of another living being (or some other means), needs sustenance, a location and a number of other needs met, and needs to have all kinds of other support.

Having the natural force is way, way simpler to fully explain.

escapedturkey
Veteran4
Old
57 - 07-05-2008, 01:28
Can you answer my questions?

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
58 - 07-05-2008, 01:32
Quote:
The Bible clearly explains many of the questions I have, therefore I believe. Science only barely explains why we exist. It does not explain emotions or anything involving why we are this way.

So i basically believed in something that explained the majority of my questions. Wouldnt you as well?
So you're not a scientist and haven't studied science, but you state that science barely explains why we exist and doesn't handle why we have emotions.

How do you know what science does and doesn't explain if you haven't studied it? This is why I say you have below-average processing ability. Either that or you're a troll. Or maybe both. (why else would you go where you're not wanted)

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
59 - 07-05-2008, 01:32
Quote:
What's easier to have, a natural force like an earthquake push it down, or a person?

Think of the "back-end" needs of each: The natural force is a potential or real attribute of the universe. The living being needs its existence to be generated out of another living being (or some other means), needs sustenance, a location and a number of other needs met, and needs to have all kinds of other support.

Having the natural force is way, way simpler to fully explain.
But both man and the natural force are a real attribute of the Universe because and earthquake and man exist. An earthquake also needs support and it is just as complicated. What caused the tectonic plate movements and why. Just as you have answers to the earthquake, we have answers to man's existence because we exist.

Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 07-05-2008, 01:32

Page 3 of 19

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page How to convert Unbelievers

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anthony maio , badmofo has a huge penis , ban this faggot , boner inducing , crucifiction , faggot thread , fartiusstinkius rocks , free gon , god couldn't be any gayer , historical inventions , kill the boy , matthew dewald is fat , sky-fairy myth , troll , zombie worship