Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most
Page 5 of 25
Wish Bear
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 06-26-2008, 01:15
My comp isn't 8 years old, but its not anywhere near new.

I have a Ath XP 2300+
1 gig of ram
GF 5500fx

i get about 5-9 fps....like i said on page 1.

I think its dumb to make a web game that you have to upgrade to a fancy comp to play...i guess they don't expect a big player base for another 1-3 years tho when everyone upgrades on a normal cycle (ex: not every 6-9 months like some of the gaming freaks that post here)

Sponsored Links
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
82 - 06-26-2008, 01:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish Bear View Post
My comp isn't 8 years old, but its not anywhere near new.

I have a Ath XP 2300+
1 gig of ram
GF 5500fx

i get about 5-9 fps....like i said on page 1.

I think its dumb to make a web game that you have to upgrade to a fancy comp to play...i guess they don't expect a big player base for another 1-3 years tho when everyone upgrades on a normal cycle (ex: not every 6-9 months like some of the gaming freaks that post here)
Eh. I'm running it smoothly enough (30+ excepting the occasional brief dip to 25 or so) with up to 8 players, though I get sharp decreases in fps after that. My rig is about 5 years old:

512mb RAM
RADEON 9500 PRO/9700 attachment
Pentium 4 2.66Ghz processor

FPS that low may be related to problems other than those specs. Try the IA forums for more help troubleshooting your problem (there are a few users pretty good at helping figure out/solving FPS/lag problems), since I don't know enough about fixing that kind of **** to help you man. Sorry that I can't be more useful.

Rev_Night
WelchesXV
Old
83 - 06-26-2008, 01:33
also, the 5500fx was a ****ty card from a ****ty architecture during a ****ty time in nvidia's history. at no point was the fx line anywhere near as capable as the radeon 9700/9800 series even at the high range. Their only decent midrange card was the 5900xt which was released at the nice $199 pricepoint. But even that was handeled by a 9800 pro, which that in turn could dominate a 9600gt, which that in turn could dominate a 5500fx.

bottom line, you bought a $80 gfx card 4 years ago and you are shaking ur head as to why you get 5-6 fps in modern games. christ man, how the f do you manage to dress yourself everyday?

oh, upon further review, you have an OLD, OLD 6 year old cpu.

let me guess, you ***** about crysis too?

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
84 - 06-26-2008, 01:36
Upon further review, his ****'s worse than mine. Yikes. Some people still might be able to figure out how to help you get it playable without a complete system overhaul, though.

DOX
VeteranX
Old
85 - 06-26-2008, 01:39
Not 8 yrs old, more like 6..and a budget card at that. Seriously its its like complaining that a gf2mx doesnt run bf2 etc well, when it could barely play bf1942 :P

Personally I dont love or hate legions.. it has potential to both be pretty decent aswell turning into a lost a cause. I do find it pretty inexcusiable that they released it to open beta without a new map, handheld items, new class etc. They need to get on top of their art/sound asset pipeline quicksmart before joe n00b gets bored in a week or 2.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
86 - 06-26-2008, 01:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOX View Post
I do find it pretty inexcusiable that they released it to open beta without a new map, handheld items, new class etc. They need to get on top of their art/sound pipeline asset pipeline quicksmart before joe n00b gets bored in a week or 2.
Kinda my thoughts there.

I'm hoping Munge was either drunk out of his mind or IA overruled him when the decision was made. Otherwise Legions seems to be ****ed kinda from the get-go if that kind of decision-making persists. If there are any significant physics changes still in the works, changing **** up on totally green players is a ****ing awful idea.

After thinking about it some, I'm kinda hoping that both a new build of (near-final, if not 99% final) physics and the Outrider class comes out at the end of next week (it'll leave time for new players to familiarize themselves with the game and understand that some changes will still be occurring without there being too long of a delay) with the new map within a week after that, and another class within 2 weeks after that.

Otherwise we're looking at a slow-ass development pace that isn't going to please anybody. If this **** takes much longer than that, we're looking at a nice hefty handful of misleading statements and broken promises.

Last edited by Rampancy; 06-26-2008 at 01:56..
Rev_Night
WelchesXV
Old
87 - 06-26-2008, 01:47
ok, with that agp system, ur most bang-for-the-buck upgrades will be:

Radeon 3650: $89
Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AG3650 512MD2 Radeon HD 3650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Athlon XP 3200+ : $39.99
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor ADA3200CWBOX - 2.0GHz, 512KB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MTs) FSB, Orleans, Retail, Socket AM2, Processor with Fan at TigerDirect.com

Your socket A mobo can fit nothing higher as AMD did not release anything higher. For about $150 you can breath some less death into your computer. It wont be pretty, but it will be miles above what u have now

Fox
VeteranX
Old
88 - 06-26-2008, 01:58
While I know Garage Games isn't a huge company, I feel like they need to allocate more resources to Legions.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
89 - 06-26-2008, 02:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
While I know Garage Games isn't a huge company, I feel like they need to allocate more resources to Legions.
Say multiple coders and a bunch of people working on classes/items and weapon tweaks, with more on hand to help overcome balance issues with all the new **** being added?

Yeah. That would be wonderful. While I don't think it'll take two years for the game to reach completion, it's looking like content's going to be added/balanced at a much slower pace than most people will be happy with.

Last edited by Rampancy; 06-26-2008 at 02:37..
Azra3l
TWS Champion++
Contributor
Old
90 - 06-26-2008, 02:29
what the ****...i cannot seem to play

this is stupid

Gray-Fox(Fake)
VeteranXV
Old
91 - 06-26-2008, 02:31
**** this instant action browser bull**** and its ****** **** ****

Wish Bear
VeteranXV
Old
92 - 06-26-2008, 02:32
hehehe yeah my POS is a bit old....in another couple months i'll spend 350 bucks on a NEW bottom of the line PC...lol it will probably be a amd dualcore with 1 gig of ram and a 8400LE or something lame....but will be about 100x better than my current POS

Azra3l
TWS Champion++
Contributor
Old
93 - 06-26-2008, 02:42
what the ****

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
94 - 06-26-2008, 02:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azra3l View Post
what the ****
What's preventing you from playing?

Azra3l
TWS Champion++
Contributor
Old
95 - 06-26-2008, 02:44
WHAT THE **** DOES THIS MEAN

GCARDHELPER EXCEPTION: USER ALIAS DOES NOT EXIST

Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
96 - 06-26-2008, 02:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post
A number of old T1 people have been saying that they like it, and from the looks of things the fast majority of the people saying that they don't like it one bit are people from these forums.
The vast majority of old T1 people are from these forums. Well, at least the vast majority of base (aka real) players.

Game sucks. It has even less depth than LT. Physics sucks. Weapons sucks. Art sucks. Really, there is nothing redeeming about it.

edit: I can't imagine anyone paying a cent to play this after the beta.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
97 - 06-26-2008, 02:45
Quote:
WHAT THE **** DOES THIS MEAN

GCARDHELPER EXCEPTION: USER ALIAS DOES NOT EXIST

No idea. That's a new one to me. Try contacting support.

Azra3l
TWS Champion++
Contributor
Old
98 - 06-26-2008, 02:45
hi zlex

the punchline to my evening is that i want to try this terrible abortion of a piece of **** out

and its so ****ing terrible i can't even load it

Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
99 - 06-26-2008, 02:47
Quote:
hi zlex

the punchline to my evening is that i want to try this terrible abortion of a piece of **** out

and its so ****ing terrible i can't even load it
Sup Az. I suggest going outside <3

It took me until the lastest build to get it to work. I had to wait forever, only to find out it was a steaming pile of ****.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
100 - 06-26-2008, 02:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlex View Post
The vast majority of old T1 people are from these forums. Well, at least the vast majority of base (aka real) players.

Game sucks. It has even less depth than LT. Physics sucks. Weapons sucks. Art sucks. Really, there is nothing redeeming about it.
There's plenty of people that used to play Tribes that have moved on to other things. And that includes getting their sorry asses off TW forums. I've run into a bunch playing anything from Rainbow Six games to Halo 3 to CS:S if the topic for some reason comes up in conversation.

It swaps out LT's hand grenades for an added weapon. Roughly even depth. The physics are fine, despite them not being a replica of either one of the Tribes games. There is nothing inherently wrong with them besides their unfamiliar feel to an old nostalgic Triber

If you don't like the visuals, fine. I'm sure that you'll go back to playing Tribes to experience the high graphical quality, right?

What's wrong with the weapons, just out of curiosity?

Page 5 of 25

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anal dog sex , badmofo is faggot , blitz sucks dev cock here , ender has herpes lol , fagmotron , free gon , i snipe cops , kill cops 4 great justice , legions , lolz browser , matthew dewald is fat , nerdvirgins , play in browser , rampancy sucks ia cock , t1>legions pos why play