UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin by Skibbi9 - Page 20 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin
Page 20 of 20
Thread Tools
-Timber
VeteranXV
Old
381 - 07-07-2008, 21:44
Reply With Quote
Pft....Griffin doesn't wake up until someone has beaten the snot out of him for two rounds.
 
-Timber is offline
 
Sponsored Links
KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
382 - 07-07-2008, 22:04
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas Tzu View Post
He said tim and AA were great fights. :p
i meant the drama+casual fan part
 
KnightMare is offline
 
Morbid
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
383 - 07-07-2008, 22:18
Reply With Quote
I'm ready to see Tim Boetsch fight again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc_EuQKt1Jo
 
Morbid is offline
 
JohnnyX
VeteranXV
Old
384 - 07-07-2008, 22:42
Reply With Quote
You probably know, but Boetsch fought Hamill after that fight, and it was kind of unimpressive.

I think he gassed, but they were fighting at elevation in CO, and a lot of guys looked lethargic.
 
JohnnyX is offline
 
SteveDave
VeteranX
Old
385 - 07-07-2008, 22:52
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
@ scar tissue, as if forrest has spent the last 10 years boxing professionally or something
I think it's pretty well known that you get cut more in UFC than boxing. Smaller gloves = more cuts = more scare tissue. And Forest does a good job at taking a beating.
 
SteveDave is offline
 
TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
386 - 07-07-2008, 23:01
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
i don't think anyone will deny that rampage is probably the better fighter. i said this as soon as griffon won: ufc is going to start rotating champs for a while.

their hw and LHW divisions are looking silly, now. sylvia, couture, fedor being out, and the LHW belt about to play musical chairs.
HW division is great, its only missing fedor and couture, sylvia isn't worth of being a champ of anything. except a hot dog eating contest. Big Nog is fine, he didn't beat fedor in japan, but I'm sure he's always for a rematch.

The LHW division is so god damn stacked every month is bound to have an incredible LHW matchup I would assume, if everyone stays healthy. You can't ask for a better LHW division, he truly brought together the best talent in the world for that division.
 
TheGhost is offline
 
KryptidE
VeteranXV
Old
387 - 07-07-2008, 23:14
Reply With Quote
any videos out yet ?

edit: nevermind got one :

http://www.mmaroot.com/quinton-rampa...-ufc-86-video/
 
KryptidE is offline
 
Last edited by KryptidE; 07-07-2008 at 23:20..
KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
388 - 07-07-2008, 23:28
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDave View Post
I think it's pretty well known that you get cut more in UFC than boxing. Smaller gloves = more cuts = more scare tissue. And Forest does a good job at taking a beating.
probably the opposite actually, the much larger gloves in boxing encourages fighters to punch each other in the face more. Fighters are much more likely to hurt their hands with the MMA gloves.
 
KnightMare is offline
 
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
389 - 07-08-2008, 00:12
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhost View Post
HW division is great, its only missing fedor and couture, sylvia isn't worth of being a champ of anything. except a hot dog eating contest. Big Nog is fine, he didn't beat fedor in japan, but I'm sure he's always for a rematch.

The LHW division is so god damn stacked every month is bound to have an incredible LHW matchup I would assume, if everyone stays healthy. You can't ask for a better LHW division, he truly brought together the best talent in the world for that division.
He's got the fighters, but none of the actual fights. Saving one good fight every other UFC is pretty ****ed up.

And I think you have to be joking yourself if you think Tim doesn't belong on the top of the heavyweight lists.
 
hyung is offline
 
filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
390 - 07-08-2008, 00:20
Reply With Quote
I think the addition of elbows alone makes it easier to get cut in MMA moreso then boxing.
 
filsinger is offline
 
SteveDave
VeteranX
Old
391 - 07-08-2008, 00:23
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
probably the opposite actually, the much larger gloves in boxing encourages fighters to punch each other in the face more. Fighters are much more likely to hurt their hands with the MMA gloves.
I'll give you that, but add in elbows and knees. I think Forest has taken his fair share.

edit - ^
 
SteveDave is offline
 
KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
392 - 07-08-2008, 12:39
Reply With Quote
Well generally cuts from elbows tend to happen higher up on the head rather than the eye & cheek area.
 
KnightMare is offline
 
slowmo
VeteranXV
Old
393 - 07-08-2008, 12:54
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyX View Post
You probably know, but Boetsch fought Hamill after that fight, and it was kind of unimpressive.

I think he gassed, but they were fighting at elevation in CO, and a lot of guys looked lethargic.
Boetsch took that Hamill fight off short rest on top of the elevation.
 
slowmo is offline
 
Skibbi9
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
394 - 07-08-2008, 13:30
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
Well generally cuts from elbows tend to happen higher up on the head rather than the eye & cheek area.
i think most elbow cuts i've seen are usually in the brow area....
 
Skibbi9 is offline
 
Fompatron
Veteran++
Old
395 - 07-08-2008, 16:03
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post
i think most elbow cuts i've seen are usually in the brow area....
Yeah brow to top of the hairline.
 
Fompatron is offline
 
TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
396 - 07-08-2008, 16:13
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
He's got the fighters, but none of the actual fights. Saving one good fight every other UFC is pretty ****ed up.

And I think you have to be joking yourself if you think Tim doesn't belong on the top of the heavyweight lists.
How many people are worth mentioning in the heavyweight list, that could make a "pound for pound ****ing awesome" list?
 
TheGhost is offline
 
KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
397 - 07-08-2008, 16:22
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fompatron View Post
Yeah brow to top of the hairline.
yeah the forehead area. Not only is it a much larger target than the eye area but it bleeds alot more.
 
KnightMare is offline
 
Last edited by KnightMare; 07-08-2008 at 16:42..
foolish
VeteranX
Old
398 - 07-08-2008, 16:37
Reply With Quote
i heard opsayo trains
 
foolish is offline
 
Page 20 of 20
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , balls touching , kahula lays jew eggs , matthew dewald is fat , rogan said goat vagina , ufc


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13.