Level 30 across the board!

that just means i dont play this game enuf

or you play too much

Sponsored Links
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
122 - 12-29-2013, 20:30
30 aint ****. It's starting to feel slow enough that you just shouldn't even watch the meter.

I just do dailies and Arena when I have the gold
no other reason to play for now.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
123 - 12-29-2013, 20:35
ya i stopped looking at my level after 10... i think im 20 on warrior or lock or soemthing

Rai1434
VeteranX
Old
124 - 12-29-2013, 21:03
hero level means nothing lol why do people bring it up
get high rank, thats all that matters

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
125 - 12-29-2013, 21:21
I don't know if you've noticed, but nothing in this game means anything.

I guess we shouldn't talk at all about Hearthstone.

Grats for placing value on a rank system that currently offers zero reward, and is overrun with net-decking tools who all copy the same decks. What a blast. Let me go grind the **** out of that

Rai1434
VeteranX
Old
126 - 12-30-2013, 00:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post

Grats for placing value on a rank system that currently offers zero reward, and is overrun with net-decking tools who all copy the same decks. What a blast. Let me go grind the **** out of that
everyone is running strifecro's (rank #1 in legends) druid deck but no one is near a 50% win ratio. he is 47-3 at rank 1. all skill.

you're right that 90% of people are running mostly the same decks at rank 5 and better but people make **** tons of mistakes on every single turn. at the end of the game when they lose they have no idea why and they blame the cards and RNG.

if you're not competitive then obv climbing ranks now is worthless.

Last edited by Rai1434; 12-30-2013 at 00:41..
Travace
VeteranXV
Old
127 - 12-30-2013, 01:45
rank 18 baller status YO!!!!!

Ender
ValtreX
Old
128 - 12-30-2013, 01:46
Quote:

Lol rank no skill.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
129 - 12-30-2013, 01:47
i am hovering around rank17 tauren chief

playin shammy

every opponent is either mage or pali -_-

Rurouni
VeteranXX
Old
130 - 12-30-2013, 03:39
i'm a 2 star chicken hur hur

played my 3rd game as a murlock

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
131 - 12-30-2013, 09:27
I'm not arguing the the top players have no skill at the game and don't deserve to be at the top. I'm saying that all the people who aren't good enough to push and evolve the meta on their own are able to just copy someone's deck. As a result, the majority of opponents are just running the same deck, and it's boring as ****. This is a PvP game, yet it comes across more scripted and repetitive than WoW.

Half the skill in this game comes from building a deck. If you're in the top ranks on someone else's deck; sorry, but you're garbage. That to me is an absolute forfeit of 'skill'. Go play a ladder like SC2 and see how far you can get by standing on somebody's shoulders. It seems to be pretty unique to TCGs, where average players can outsource most of the skill aspect of the game and compete at a level much higher than what they could achieve on their own and actually convince themselves that their skill got them there.

My only hope for constructed is that down the road, we'll have way more diversity in what gets played by the community. But I suspect even if you double or pear the card selection, the majority would still copy and play the #1 deck. Until then, I value Arena way more.

Newmz
Veteran4
Old
132 - 12-30-2013, 11:35
I don't play this game - never signed up. signed up just now, hoping for a key sometime soon.

it doesn't seem right to copy but it certainly is typical. tips/pointers I would take but I wouldn't take a whole deck.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
133 - 12-30-2013, 18:22
Quote:
I'm not arguing the the top players have no skill at the game and don't deserve to be at the top. I'm saying that all the people who aren't good enough to push and evolve the meta on their own are able to just copy someone's deck. As a result, the majority of opponents are just running the same deck, and it's boring as ****. This is a PvP game, yet it comes across more scripted and repetitive than WoW.

Half the skill in this game comes from building a deck. If you're in the top ranks on someone else's deck; sorry, but you're garbage. That to me is an absolute forfeit of 'skill'. Go play a ladder like SC2 and see how far you can get by standing on somebody's shoulders. It seems to be pretty unique to TCGs, where average players can outsource most of the skill aspect of the game and compete at a level much higher than what they could achieve on their own and actually convince themselves that their skill got them there.

My only hope for constructed is that down the road, we'll have way more diversity in what gets played by the community. But I suspect even if you double or pear the card selection, the majority would still copy and play the #1 deck. Until then, I value Arena way more.
its the same deal with other games and with people in general... the majority are loser posers few are winner innovators. 99% vs 1%

its fine though because with a game like this, or any other, you can use this to your advantage... in the case of a card game you can build a counter strat + build predicting what opponent strats + decks will be.

nice thing about HS is it limits this somewhat with multiple classes... unlike mtg which basically just had everyone playing the same few decks at tourneys.

Rurouni
VeteranXX
Old
134 - 12-31-2013, 04:28
warrior's pretty fun

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
135 - 12-31-2013, 05:05
sham war and warlock = funnest

DELIVERANCE
VeteranXV
Old
136 - 12-31-2013, 05:19
Quote:

You mean... like build orders and timing pushes?

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
137 - 12-31-2013, 06:04
i **** on mages with my war... hahaha faggy mages DIE HAHAHAHAH

Foomanshoe
Veteran++
Old
138 - 01-01-2014, 19:21
Hey, I'm looking to get a beta key. Got some things I would be willing to barter for it if need be.

Rai1434
VeteranX
Old
139 - 01-02-2014, 03:57
im playing some casuals with Kripp on stream now if u guys are watching

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
140 - 01-02-2014, 04:18
nl_Kripp - Twitch

Page 7 of 111

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion