[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
721 - 04-23-2015, 21:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King View Post
Here is the Trump video with lots of free decks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGGqKm52buw
Yeah, but he did that before the expansions came out, I'm not actually sure if "basic" decks could be viable with the new cards that are out now.

It'd be an interesting thing now to see if it's still viable to make that kind of thing work.

It's not even necessarily that the new cards are straight up better, but they opened up so many avenues for variations in the play styles that you'd have one hell of a time I think finding a way to take basic cards and make them work with the new stuff that's out now.

There's also another glaring problem - in that you can't get basic card packs from the arena anymore. You'd have to pony up 100g a pop to get the card packs for the basic cards.

Sponsored Links
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
722 - 04-23-2015, 22:24
I'm not even slightly trying to argue the viability of those decks. They are probably better than nothing. Someone asked for free decks, so I posted them.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
723 - 04-23-2015, 23:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
Can mechmage work without Antonidas?
most mechmage i see wins b4 they get antonidas out... def helps tho

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
724 - 04-23-2015, 23:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
Depends on the matchup. If you don't have a counter for the early game then they're going to win by virtue of the sheer number of creatures they keep throwing in your face. Archmage is mostly there as a secondary win condition in case their rush tactics fail.

But it's worth pointing out that a lot of the mechs in the mech mage deck are there to facilitate getting low-cost spells to then dump them out when you get Archmage out.

If you take him out, you may want to rethink things like the 1/2 Clockwork gnome guys that give the parts. Parts are dog**** normally, they can make for some interesting swing plays - sometimes - but are mostly useless.

It's one of the things about Hearthstone that I'm not a fan of, which is that you sometimes radically alter the way a deck works by the removal of a single card, especially a legendary.

BIGSEX_
Veteran++
Old
725 - 04-24-2015, 03:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
Agreed. Antonidas is really only your win condition (and somewhat questionably, at that) if you can't close out early. If you can dump your hand and blastmage them in the face, which happens more than it should, antonidas never even comes out.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
726 - 04-24-2015, 03:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MD5]Hash View Post
There's also another glaring problem - in that you can't get basic card packs from the arena anymore. You'd have to pony up 100g a pop to get the card packs for the basic cards.
How many wins can you get from one arena run? 11 or 12? I was aware before all the expansions 6 wins would at the minimum get you the 100g entrance fee back.

As for "free", you could TECHNICALLY get the better cards getting gold from arena and doing "dailies" but looks like it would take a dreadfully large amount of time. I was just curious want the general reward is for a maximum win arena run was.

BIGSEX_
Veteran++
Old
727 - 04-24-2015, 03:43
why is dailies in quotes

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
728 - 04-24-2015, 04:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSEX_ View Post
why is dailies in quotes
I think I was bein sarcastic in that it is both a concept Blizzard uses to acquire currency. In WoW it is used as an attempt to keep people playing, be it achievements, rewards, or extras you may want (or think you want). And in HS it not only gives people a sense you can play for free without spending money the time required to complete them versus the actual reward entices you to open your wallet to save time.

Also my original question goes unanswered.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
729 - 04-24-2015, 04:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MD5]Hash View Post
Depends on the matchup. If you don't have a counter for the early game then they're going to win by virtue of the sheer number of creatures they keep throwing in your face. Archmage is mostly there as a secondary win condition in case their rush tactics fail.

But it's worth pointing out that a lot of the mechs in the mech mage deck are there to facilitate getting low-cost spells to then dump them out when you get Archmage out.

If you take him out, you may want to rethink things like the 1/2 Clockwork gnome guys that give the parts. Parts are dog**** normally, they can make for some interesting swing plays - sometimes - but are mostly useless.

It's one of the things about Hearthstone that I'm not a fan of, which is that you sometimes radically alter the way a deck works by the removal of a single card, especially a legendary.
its not really hearthstones fault... its up to the deck designer and nearly every TCG has decks that revolve around a single card.

plus if its just 1 legendary its not a big deal, esp if you can craft it... unlike other TCGs that leave you only the p2w option of buying packs.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
730 - 04-24-2015, 07:26
yea the meta has changed a lot of those old trump decks get owned now.

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
731 - 04-24-2015, 09:59
Apparently a mistake to post them...

I never had to google a deck ever. I always just built my own. It was a lot of the fun of the game when I first started out, trying out new cards and new combinations.

It wasn't until very recently (within the past month) that I actually started studying meta decks. Still, for me it's not very fun to copy them. I like to make all my own stuff.

If you are just starting out new, I would just recommend trying different combinations and seeing how they work, and then adjust from there based on failure or success, and have fun with it.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
732 - 04-24-2015, 10:14
start out with facehunter or zoo.
cheap and viable decks

(actually im not sure i havent played in some time)

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
733 - 04-24-2015, 10:17
there is no starting new, you have to pay to win or you lose

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
734 - 04-24-2015, 10:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumpkin King View Post
Apparently a mistake to post them...

I never had to google a deck ever. I always just built my own. It was a lot of the fun of the game when I first started out, trying out new cards and new combinations.

It wasn't until very recently (within the past month) that I actually started studying meta decks. Still, for me it's not very fun to copy them. I like to make all my own stuff.

If you are just starting out new, I would just recommend trying different combinations and seeing how they work, and then adjust from there based on failure or success, and have fun with it.
it is funner to make your own but i will definitely use themes from others and just make em my own. i am not that good regardless. best rank i have got in a month was like 10 or 9 i think.

frozen-rain
VeteranXV
Old
736 - 04-24-2015, 14:07
dang im missin so many cards aka i cant make a new deck cause where the **** do i get these cards from

Last edited by frozen-rain; 04-24-2015 at 14:10..
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
737 - 04-24-2015, 14:48
visa or mastercard

cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
738 - 04-24-2015, 14:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen-rain View Post
dang im missin so many cards aka i cant make a new deck cause where the **** do i get these cards from
game felt like a grind before i finally had enough cards to put together basically any deck I wanted.

I also spent way too much money on this game though.

misfit
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
739 - 04-24-2015, 17:27
so unlocking all classes is what ill do first

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
740 - 04-24-2015, 18:54
and get em all to level10

Page 37 of 111