[MEGATHREAD]Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Not a Forum!]

btw any mac owners out there I am running BC2 on my 24 inch iMac bootcamp with windows 7 pretty well on medium video settings if anyone is curious out there.

I tried to search but when I typed in the 1 at the beginning of your name it put in 01

Dangerdog in game

ya it did that for me too, but the search gave the correct results without the zero.

We tried playing on a hardcore server with rush mode, it isn't much fun. There are already lots of snipers in the game and this gives them full advantage because you can't just hit Q to spot them for the rest of the team. You end up with both teams filled with snipers picking off anything that moves. For death match and conquest it would be better, but on conquest you would probably end up with piles of snipers sitting around, it is probably good to join those servers if you want to snipe.

Usual pains for the game, teams get unbalanced and people won't switch, fog and dust effects seem excessive, but they do make it possible to move around as infantry a lot easier.

I use DeadlyRabbit in game with a TW. tag.

ah, too bad my comp is pretty outdated and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. I'm having a blast playing on 360, pretty sure it would be 20x better on pc :/

There seems to be multiple issues right now.

Unable to connect to servers, once connected you get kicked automatically, punkbuster kicks with some stupid error message... more?

Favorites doesn't work and neither does history.

I've connected to only a few servers, if it's laggy the game is virtually unplayable. I had one awesome connection and the game ran smooth, up until the admin reset the damn thing.

I must say. This is one my favorite BFs yet. My favorite parts:

-Tanking fucking matters again. You can hold your own now without having to worry about getting your ass bombed constantly like BF2.

-The light tanks are interesting. They play a pretty interesting roll in this game.

-Infantry can wreck shit. I don't feel like I was shooting a pea-shooter like in BF2. Its practically BFV all over again with the INF weapons.

-Consolidation of the classes. Removing the support class and dividing up its weapon and ability between the assault and medic was a great move.

-SPOTTING. By far the greatest thing yet. I'm surprised more people don't do it. But, regardless, EVERYONE on your team responds to a spotting.

-The destructible environments aren't all that impressive, but they still add some interesting interaction in the game. Its hilarious watching a UAV call a missile down on a barn full of people.

-They made squadding more useful by allowing you to spawn on anyone in the squad. Removes the bitching about "squad hopping" from BF2.

All in all, great game.

I disagree. Rush requires about 50% of your team to not be stupid, which we all know is not possible in pubs.

Conquest only requires a good squad.

Removing the mountains on Valdez sucks, theres a few maps with chokepoints that are really bad. Overall the maps are pretty good though. Squad death match is pretty fun too.

The dust and shit sometimes sucks because you can't see through it so well, but it sure as fuck looks pretty when a tank fires and it forces a dust cloud out around it.

i'll see if i have bloom on or of when i get home and see if that doesn't help things a bit.

and i'm "DropSquad" in game. So feel free to add me.

red dot and 4x sight upgrades....... do those come with level exp unlocks?
or weapon unlocks?

I was looking at my medic guns , and see i need XX more kills to the next level...." But ,

does that next 'level' give me anything? or just free bonus exp ?

Back