Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

The company that can afford to spend as much time polishing as creating will always win (See Blizzard, BioWare, Valve) and companies that cut corners will always lose (See VUG, Take2, etc.)

Ironic considering Blizzard is owned by VUG. I get your point though considering VUG seems to have essentially given Blizzard a blank check.

That Marweas and Thrax even managed to get T:V greenlit is the miracle that should be discussed most. Those guys did an absolutely superb job of making a compelling case and lining up great talent to get the game done.

It sounds like you are trying to re-write history, I was under the impression that tribes was massively popular and fans were chomping at the bit for another to be made. The market was and IS there, maybe your team just wasn't up for it. To me its absurd that makers of tv can post about how great of a job they did when their game sold and did the worst out of all tribes games?

hopefully, someday, another team of folks can build a real, updated version of tribes and stick it in your eye.

It sounds like you are trying to re-write history, I was under the impression that tribes was massively popular and fans were chomping at the bit for another to be made. The market was and IS there, maybe your team just wasn't up for it. To me its absurd that makers of tv can post about how great of a job they did when their game sold and did the worst out of all tribes games?

hopefully, someday, another team of folks can build a real, updated version of tribes and stick it in your eye.

It sounds like your knowledge of history sucks. Actually.

Ironic considering Blizzard is owned by VUG. I get your point though considering VUG seems to have essentially given Blizzard a blank check.
Blizzard is not owned by VUG. VUG is a publisher for Blizzard games, that's it. Blizzard is a self-sufficient developer.

Blizzard is not owned by VUG. VUG is a publisher for Blizzard games, that's it. Blizzard is a self-sufficient developer.
Oh really?

Not according to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_entertainment

Edit: And vivendi:

Vivendi Games owns six global development studios including Blizzard Entertainment, Sierra Entertainment, Radical Entertainment, Massive Entertainment, Swordfish Studios and High Moon Studios.

http://www.vivendi.com/corp/en/subsidiaries/index_games.php (check under the "about" tab)

packed T2 servers? it was 2-3 months with 4-5k people online.. then it started to fade out.. not very good for a game that is multiplayer online.

Look, if you're trying to bait any of us with this sort of thing, don't bother. It's been long enough that I'm pretty sure all of us have moved on and don't care anymore. It was a chapter in our lives that is now closed.

There are a bunch of people on this board who know exactly how many copies of Tribes 1 and 2 sold and how much it cost to make them. Then there is you, who knows neither of those things. Let's just say that your perspective is a little different than ours and your recolection of things a little skewed.

And for what it's worth, I'd LOVE for someone to make a better version of Tribes (though hopefully they won't stick it in my eye). In fact, from what I've seen from Battlefield 2142, maybe they already have (I haven't played it, but I loved Battlefield 2).

In fact, from what I've seen from Battlefield 2142, maybe they already have (I haven't played it, but I loved Battlefield 2).

Of course! The only thing missing from T:V were ingame ads!

Not trying to bait you, just think it's funny and the game has been getting a lot of flak over that. Thanks for letting us know how things were from your point of view.

If you compare the Tribes fan base to those of behemoth titles like Doom, Half-Life, and Warcraft, the Tribes fan base is miniscule.

Colosus said:

This is untrue.

Back