Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page aretha franklin is dead
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
1 - 08-16-2018, 10:55
Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, has died - CNN

Quote:
Aretha Franklin, whose gospel-rooted singing and bluesy yet expansive delivery earned her the title "the Queen of Soul," has died, a family statement said Thursday. She was 76.

Franklin died at 9:50 a.m. at her home in Detroit, surrounded by family and friends, according to a statement on behalf of Franklin's family from her longtime publicist Gwendolyn Quinn.
The "official cause of death was due to advance pancreatic cancer of the neuroendocrine type, which was confirmed by Franklin's oncologist, Dr. Philip Phillips of Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit," the family statement said.
Her death comes three days after a source close to Franklin told CNN's Don Lemon that the singer was in hospice care.
Aretha Franklin in photos
"In one of the darkest moments of our lives, we are not able to find the appropriate words to express the pain in our heart. We have lost the matriarch and rock of our family. The love she had for her children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and cousins knew no bounds," Franklin's family said.
"We have been deeply touched by the incredible outpouring of love and support we have received from close friends, supporters and fans all around the world. Thank you for your compassion and prayers. We have felt your love for Aretha and it brings us comfort to know that her legacy will live on. As we grieve, we ask that you respect our privacy during this difficult time."
Funeral arrangements will be announced in the coming days, the statement said.
How Aretha energized social movements
The singer had been reported to be in failing health for years and appeared frail in recent photos, but she kept her struggles private.
In February 2017, Franklin announced she would stop touring, but she continued to book concerts. Earlier this year, she canceled a pair of performances, including at the New Orleans Jazz Fest, on doctor's orders, according to Rolling Stone.
The singer's final public performance was last November, when she sang at an Elton John AIDS Foundation gala in New York.

Sponsored Links
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
2 - 08-16-2018, 11:02
Respect

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 08-16-2018, 11:12
I say a little prayer.
Really makes you stop and T H I N K

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 08-16-2018, 12:22
hope it's raining men where she is now.

am i doing it rite?

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 08-16-2018, 12:28
sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me

rip

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
6 - 08-16-2018, 12:36

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 08-16-2018, 13:47
Elvis died 41 years ago today also.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 08-16-2018, 14:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfn6OkYm1Zo

Hologram
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 08-16-2018, 15:22
Very sad. I think we all knew she was in declining health the past decade or so. She had an amazing voice and some really cool songs; an example of someone who contributed to American culture and left their mark. RIP

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 08-16-2018, 17:20

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 08-16-2018, 18:03
She was alive? Huh...

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 08-16-2018, 19:19
She made it to 76. That's pretty good considering she was in music with all the drugs and a horrible diet.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 08-16-2018, 19:40
Nevermind the fact she had cancer the last 7 or so years.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 08-16-2018, 23:45
Shame

damn fine lady

Akela
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 08-17-2018, 02:11
Sad news. She was one of my first musical icons.

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 08-17-2018, 08:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Respect
R E S
P E C T

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 08-17-2018, 08:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Nevermind the fact she had cancer the last 7 or so years.
Right, the cancer was caused from a bad diet. It wasn't something hereditary. She had money for treatment, became skinny, probably eating better at the end. That's why she was able to hold on for 7 more years.

Risuli
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 08-17-2018, 11:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Right, the cancer was caused from a bad diet. It wasn't something hereditary. She had money for treatment, became skinny, probably eating better at the end. That's why she was able to hold on for 7 more years.
Actually, no. She died from neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer according to her doctor, Philp A. Philip, MD. While she must have had a poor diet leading to her weight problems, neuroendocrine cancer is a very rare form of cancer with no known association with diet. These type of cancers are regarded as indolent (or slow growing) and likely the reason she survived 7 years as pancreatic cancer, once diagnosed, has a very poor survival rate of just a few months. I know this because I was diagnosed with a small neuroendocrine tumor (successfully removed) and consulted with Dr. Philip back in 2015.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 08-18-2018, 19:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page aretha franklin is dead

Social Website Bullshit