Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fixing the roads, changing America
Page 8 of 18
max
VeteranXV
Old
141 - 11-20-2013, 18:22
Man this is some utopian ****ing ****. Go go inventor man.

Sponsored Links
arsin
Veteran++
Old
142 - 11-22-2013, 09:23
jebus Christ this is a bat**** insane/stoopid idear.

Let's deconstruct this latest intelligentsia sponsored grab for tax payer research dollars:

1. Roads must be constructed from very dense materials, and provide traction.
2. it's hard to have a dense, resilient surface that is rough, yet (lmfao) make it opaque.
3. Media picks up on latest "invention" tries to stir hope amongst the subject population.
4. Tech fag bois (Von Ted, Eggi, Data, Goshin) pick up the good vibes, spread the good news, disseminate the bs.
5. Research dollars from the tax payer go to another hair brained scheme of the intelligentsia.
6. Billions are spent, invention is forgotten "We didn't know tires had dirt on them and scoured the surface" etc.

How does idears like this, fusionary, and the lolerlaserplane become acceptable to so many dorks?

EyeZ
VeteranX
Old
143 - 11-22-2013, 09:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post

Let's deconstruct this latest intelligentsia sponsored grab for tax payer research dollars:

2. it's hard to have a dense, resilient surface that is rough, yet (lmfao) make it opaque.
3. Media picks up on latest "invention" tries to stir hope amongst the subject population.
4. Tech fag bois (Von Ted, Eggi, Data, Goshin) pick up the good vibes, spread the good news, disseminate the bs.
5. Research dollars from the tax payer go to another hair brained scheme of the intelligentsia.
6. Billions are spent, invention is forgotten "We didn't know tires had dirt on them and scoured the surface" etc.

How does idears like this, fusionary, and the lolerlaserplane become acceptable to so many dorks?
this entire post could almost work with fiber optics 200 years ago... with proper translations of course.

Fox k
Veteran++
Old
144 - 11-22-2013, 09:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeZ View Post
this entire post could almost work with fiber optics 200 years ago... with proper translations of course.
I agree that in 200 years from now we can make this work.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
145 - 11-22-2013, 10:17
you guys are pretty dumb

gg

billions? more like...maybe a million from the government.

Last edited by Goshin; 11-22-2013 at 10:21..
caelum
VeteranXX
Old
146 - 11-22-2013, 10:36
people who fix the roads in this country have to be the stupidest ****ing people known on the planet, its like they make them ****ed so they have to go back out in 2 years and fix it again

TW_Dagger
VeteranXV
Old
147 - 11-22-2013, 10:38
2 years? Try 2 months :/

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
148 - 11-22-2013, 11:26
So when I crash in the snow and my car shatters a nice piece of road glass so I get impaled and the water from melting snow drips down into the heating elements so while I'm impaled and bleeding to death I can get electrocuted as well

SOUNDS GREAT

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
149 - 11-22-2013, 11:36
the glass is stronger than your mom

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
150 - 04-22-2014, 10:17
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/solar-roadways#home
prototype is installed in their parking lot, melted ice and snow in idaho over the winter, stuff and such. They are doing a cost analysis by mid July. looking for crowd funding to speed up their r&d/manufacturing to build out more stuff
their next task is to put down a road in the mainstreet of their town
they are also looking at additional funding from the highway government peoples in mid July.

donate if you believe in the future!
or whatever!

recap!
solar panels that you drive on (better traction than the road right now actually), 3 times power generation than what we currently use nation wide, smart streets that can flash stuff on the glass surface to let drivers know of accidents, potential drunk drivers, something in the road including people...and built in cables for everything, power, internet, tv, phone, etc...no more power poles and power lines, no more power going out during a bad storm, ice and snow melt off the roads so no more plows and salt and stuff.

Greedo909
VeteranXV
Old
151 - 04-22-2014, 11:31
Just think, if the wasteful corrupt government wasn't in charge of the roads we probably would have had all kinds of these cool road innovations a long time ago.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
152 - 04-22-2014, 11:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
You'll no doubt be pleased to hear that after 18 months it's still a ****ing stupid idea. That's the sort of ridiculous **** Dubai would have pulled two years ago when they were working on having the beach at the Pallazzo Versace apartments covered with air-conditioned sand.
Wait, Mitch thinks Dubai is stupid?

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
153 - 04-22-2014, 11:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post

dont you have a lip ring

how can you call anything stupid

****in ellen degeneres

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
154 - 04-22-2014, 13:14
It would be more feasable to retrofit existing structures with it.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
155 - 04-22-2014, 13:42
retrofit existing roads with a glass panel, an information panel, and a conduit panel?
I've always felt that this would work best as a "time to repair the roads or asphalt them!" scheme, where instead of maintaining our bs, we go in and change it out with this as needed
course that would create significant (10 years?) lag time for grid connectivity and stuff

maybe do a few major roads in each city around the nation for one large grid that can connect right away, then expand out as roads come up for repairs

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
156 - 04-22-2014, 16:29
Solar Roadways Indiegogo campaign is live! : Futurology
idk, if you give a **** upvote these posts in reddit so more people can see the crowd source link?

i feel like it suffers from a lack of visibility

Reno
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
157 - 04-22-2014, 20:46
God damnit. I was really hopeful about this project, and then it goes and turns up on indiegogo.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
158 - 04-22-2014, 23:47
they completed their federal funding and are going for a third round this july
they arent exactly failed

lol?

arsin
Veteran++
Old
159 - 04-23-2014, 00:44
yea lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
flying cars could work if it was all autopilot
dont let stupid humans near the controls

y rly, I mean why not use 95% of your available energy to do away with wheels and bearings. Flying cars is an idea almost as stupid as using a laser instead of a bomb to take out a missile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
Solar Roadways Indiegogo campaign is live! : Futurology
idk, if you give a **** upvote these posts in reddit so more people can see the crowd source link?

i feel like it suffers from a lack of visibility
:lmfao:
Best to keep it in the dark Goshin, frauds and scams don't do well under the light of exposure.

The glass on my phone is partially obscured, I must be pressing too hard. But hey I'm sure they'll come up with something much harder than glass - yet still having a friction surface which somehow wont get slippery due to being rubbed by other rough surfaces. Maybe like roughened up diamonds or something. Roughened, yet still near transparent.

Yea solar panels would do much better embedded in a roadfuknway, than say ... sitting on a roof.

Fukn insane ****, sad part of it - Goshin isn't trolling, he believes.

Spoiler

Last edited by arsin; 04-23-2014 at 00:51..
arsin
Veteran++
Old
160 - 04-23-2014, 00:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeZ View Post
I guess you have to be able to read between the lines a little, appreciate figures of speech, maybe even pick up on the sarcasm.

Try reading something other than tech manuals. gl hf

Last edited by arsin; 04-23-2014 at 00:52..
Page 8 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fixing the roads, changing America

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert , ass mode , goshin , very ugly goshin