TRIBES 2 online without CDkey

xionc

Veteran-4
To play Tribes 2 online without CDkey, We need 3 things:

- Tribes 2 game ver. 25034
- little patch witch will cancel problem with "Class "B" IP(...)"
- Hamachi software (latlest version recomended)

The All-Seeing Eye software will be helpful also.

- We can downlad game eg. from:
Tribes 2 download

- Little patch from:
Filecloud - T2 Class B Fix v25034

- Hamachi eg. from:
https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp

- The All-Seeing Eye eg. from:
Multiplayer Gaming - All-Seeing Eye - World's #1 Server Browser - Yahoo! Video Games

Startup the game:
=========================
1. Install game (hope noone will have any problems with that)
2. Copy t2classbpatch.exe (it is in the little patch) to: \Tribes2\GameData\
3. Make backup copy of Tribes2.exe file
4. Now run the t2classbpatch.exe file - window from DOS will appear for a moment
5. Now to play online we can run game from "Tribes 2 Solo & LAN"

Servers 'n stuff:
Hamachi:
1. Install Hamachi
2. Configure it
3. I advise you to connect network:
name: tribes2
password: tribes2

The All-Seeing Eye:
1. Install The All-Seeing Eye
2. Configure it
3. Get into Options section (hit F2) then Games
4. Change the Program location" to something like that (it depends where you have game installed):
D:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\Tribes2.exe -nologin

or just add -nologin at the end of the line

5. Now we can search for servers using ASE, remember that we will play using LAN, so click Tools > Find LAN server, or add manualy server to ASE list (Insert key). IPs are shown in Hamachi.

It would be great if somebody will share with this "manual" on other forums. Maybe there'll be much more T2 players online.

Correct me with my english if something is written wrong.

I think most people still have their account information, and for the ones that don't, there are better options than hamachi like morrow32(?)'s T2 or -nologin.

I think most people still have their account information, and for the ones that don't, there are better options than hamachi like morrow32(?)'s T2 or -nologin.
Wasn't morrows T2 release an old version (pre-34)? Also, -nologin is what he uses. I also figured I could make the logical leap from online play to cd key without spelling out that the account needed a key.

This method will suck to get implemented with a good number of players, but I suppose it's better than nothing for those who want to play T2 online but can't get a key.

Yeah, I'd explained the entire thing a thread just a day or two ago. My statement is still correct. I've run into more people that remember their account but not the key than I have people that don't have an account.

I think it is just best to get the correct information out there.

I was thinking morrow was now using the updated version.

Back