Rev 2 is going to be awesome

haniblecter

Veteran XX
I seriously cant wait. The updated graphics engine is really nice, cant wait to see what the game would look like then. I also hope it'll decrease fleet battle lag.

Also, NEW UI!!! Drones even get better buttons says the devblog, and additional commands like defend and assist..including some weird concept called 'bandwidth' that comes into play with teh drone boats. Probably a way of allowing teh domi's and ishtars to control more drones at once...or more different kinds of drones.

Idk, looks like an allstar expansion. CCP is really delivering.

EVE Online | EVE Insider | Dev Blog

EDIT: Fuck, Rev3

I just hope they put a bigger drone bay on non-gallente ships. Being able to take along more than one flight of drones or *gasp* more than one type? Count me in.

edit: I think they should probably take some time on their ships. Releasing 30 some ships in one expansion seems like a balancing disaster, but I guess since they'll be all invention only, maybe it'll work itself out.

edit2: Fuck ya super target painting vigil. Maybe I can blind people.

drone chcnges will suck if i cant use heavy drones on my myrmidon. so it will be a vexor that can fit med guns and better tank. unless they give it a gun damage bonus also

I'm glad we're getting more new stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm staring at the login screen for the second night in a row.

I think the "bandwidth" will basically be the replacement for the drone hold size. So say on a current ship that has a drone bay of 25m3, it'll probably get increased to something (for this let's just say a nice 100m3). Now instead of being limited to 5 drones in space, it'd be 25 bandwidth worth of drones. So now that ship can carry 4 waves of light drones if it was and send out 5 at a time (or mix and match with the other varieties). So the same thing but different.

How this'll work on the drone boats is say they have a bonus to the bandwidth so with full skill they can field 200 bandwidth of drones. That could be an insane amount of light drones (say 5bw for 1 light so 40 lights), or just a few heavy drones (say 20bw for 1 heavy so 10 heavies), and maybe even less EW drones (say 50bw for 1 of them so 4 drones). The more "valuable" the drone, the more bandwidth needed to control it.

It's a guess, but an educated one.

I'm just looking forward to the new eye candy with Trinity 2. mmmm... the new Deimos is going to be yummy.

With the new tech 2 type ships though, it will be interesting to see if they still stick to the "modified" 3d models of the tech 1 ships. If I'm not mistaken, there are no tech 1 ships left that don't already have a tech 2 variation. Would be a similar case I think for the new EW frigates. No tech 1 ships left to trick out.

Minmatar for example.
Scythe -> Logistics (Scimitar)
Bellicose -> Recon Ships (Rapier & Huginn)
Stabber -> HAC light (Vagabond)
Rupture -> HAC heavy (Munnin)

Pretty sure all of the races follow that pattern though.

New models ! hooray !

All the BSs and the tier-2 BCs don't have a variant, but at least they're trying their hands at introducing a BS variant now.

From the sound of it, bandwidth will probably deal with your max drones in flight. That's the only feasible explanation I can think of for it. With the addition of that as a "new constraint", as they put it, they are able to balance out an increased drone bay for drone ships.

I think the "bandwidth" will basically be the replacement for the drone hold size. So say on a current ship that has a drone bay of 25m3, it'll probably get increased to something (for this let's just say a nice 100m3). Now instead of being limited to 5 drones in space, it'd be 25 bandwidth worth of drones. So now that ship can carry 4 waves of light drones if it was and send out 5 at a time (or mix and match with the other varieties). So the same thing but different.

How this'll work on the drone boats is say they have a bonus to the bandwidth so with full skill they can field 200 bandwidth of drones. That could be an insane amount of light drones (say 5bw for 1 light so 40 lights), or just a few heavy drones (say 20bw for 1 heavy so 10 heavies), and maybe even less EW drones (say 50bw for 1 of them so 4 drones). The more "valuable" the drone, the more bandwidth needed to control it.

It's a guess, but an educated one.

Shit, I think you hit it on the head.

And ya know what, it sounds pretty fawesome from what you said.

/em drools over controling mutliple flights of lights.

You'll still be limited to 5 drones, you just will be able to carry more drones, but field similar amounts.

I wish you could use logistics drones on yourself, I hope that's part of the guard command. Mmmmm logistics ship buff.

If we're still limited to 5 drones max, period, they what the hell is the point of bandwidth? Just to make it a choice between 5 t1 lights or 3 t2 lights? That just sounds retarded then.

Plus keep in mind there's the skill limit of 5 drones, but some ships and modules increase that amount, which is what I used in my little example. So a normal ship might still be limited to 5, but one of those Gallente beasts is a different story. They did specifically mention "un-nerfing" those in particular.

If we're still limited to 5 drones max, period, they what the hell is the point of bandwidth? Just to make it a choice between 5 t1 lights or 3 t2 lights? That just sounds retarded then.

Plus keep in mind there's the skill limit of 5 drones, but some ships and modules increase that amount, which is what I used in my little example. So a normal ship might still be limited to 5, but one of those Gallente beasts is a different story. They did specifically mention "un-nerfing" those in particular.
Say you gave an Ishkur a 500m3 drone bay. Even though it has a 5 drone limit, there's no limit on the size of the drones used, so the Ishkur could break out 5 Ogre II's. This is bad, the Ishkur is a cruiser and only should be using the equivalent of 5 medium drones. Because of this problem, all ships (save the Domi) have a limited drone bay to keep the user from pulling out too many powerful drones, but this also means that they can't have any space for carrying a variety of drones or spares.

With bandwidth, drones will now be limited by the amount of bandwidth they consume, instead of just a hard cap on the number of drones. Drone cruisers in turn will only have enough bandwidth to run 5 medium drones, while having a drone bay large enough to carry the equivalent of 5+ large drones. The net result is that drone ships will be able to have a large drone bay without screwing things up.

Say you gave an Ishkur a 500m3 drone bay. Even though it has a 5 drone limit, there's no limit on the size of the drones used, so the Ishkur could break out 5 Ogre II's. This is bad, the Ishkur is a cruiser and only should be using the equivalent of 5 medium drones. Because of this problem, all ships (save the Domi) have a limited drone bay to keep the user from pulling out too many powerful drones, but this also means that they can't have any space for carrying a variety of drones or spares.

With bandwidth, drones will now be limited by the amount of bandwidth they consume, instead of just a hard cap on the number of drones. Drone cruisers in turn will only have enough bandwidth to run 5 medium drones, while having a drone bay large enough to carry the equivalent of 5+ large drones. The net result is that drone ships will be able to have a large drone bay without screwing things up.

That makes alot more sense. :sunny:

thats stupid. so now the ishtar(i assume you mean ishtar, the HAC) has as much drone damage as the vexor, because you sure as hell cant fit any blasters on that bitch with 3 turrent hardpoints

thats stupid. so now the ishtar(i assume you mean ishtar, the HAC) has as much drone damage as the vexor, because you sure as hell cant fit any blasters on that bitch with 3 turrent hardpoints
I was thinking the Vexor, not the Ishkur. Either way I'm not listing specific numbers, only a general overview. Drone cruisers will have more bandwidth than non-drone cruisers, so there won't be a major shift in damage.

I was thinking the Vexor, not the Ishkur. Either way I'm not listing specific numbers, only a general overview. Drone cruisers will have more bandwidth than non-drone cruisers, so there won't be a major shift in damage.

gatcha. didnt mean you were stupid either, just meant it wouldnt be a fair trade for drone boats the way you worded it.

Back