Tribes 1 NoFix's Vista Patch

running with the patch(not last hope) on a q6700, 4gb of ram and an 8800gt in vista 64.

works perfectly, my old hudbot files work fine, and so far i have no problems, dunno about anyone else, but thanks for this :)

Last edited:
took the tribes ive been using forever, dropped in the vistalh1.30tribes.rar into my folder (64bit vista fwiw) and worked like a champ.

do hi-res skins work in the game still?

edit: to el scorcho, my old setup did not, using just the tribes.exe, and then trying hudbot then tribes.exe

so i ran hudbot first, then fired up vistalh1.30 and i started to get all sorts of quick lag spikes (not ping it seemed) but quick redjacks and screen stutter. played a couple maps like this, then exited. stopped hudbot, reloaded with just vistalh1.30 and it worked fine.

known issue? sorry if this is known

andrew's newest HUDBOT (mem.dll version) includes the Vista Fix! So, using either of the patched executables isn't required. Though, if you're like me, and don't run HUDBOT, you can always stick with the mem.dll version of the Vista Fix!

just an FYI!

Andrew is still making new versions of hudbot? I might want that, just for shits and giggles.

Not that I'm aware of. I know he updated HUDBOT at some point, and included the fix. He messaged me when I released the fix, asking if I minded if he included it ( last year some time ).

I've tried the patch and it works but I get no sound in T1 now :(

Anyone having sound issues with T1 in Vista? Any fix or workaround?

I'll sometimes get no sound. I haven't really looked into the issue, but when I goto the options screen, then exit, it magically starts working.

Yeah, I've been all around through the options and back but I get absolutely no sound at all .. /me pouts.

I appreciate the Vista fix though so, thanks.

I have recently got Vista, and with the patch it runs almost perfectly, I have sound, full screen, hudbot. But for some reason certain buttons when pressed on keyboard don't work, and it's not the keyboard cause it happens with other keyboard too - the console button has no effect at all, so I can't use scripts, the '?' turns out as a '/', apostrophe becomes a ':' and a few other switches here and there... I've downloaded a few different copies of the game from different sources, and the same thing happens, anyone heard of this problem and know how to fix it? Thanks

I've heard of that problem, but haven't the slightest idea what would be causing it. In this case, my only advice would be to rebind your console key.

I dunno. Wish I had more boxes to test on. Only have this rig, and it works great here so there isn't much I can do.

Combination of Andrew's latest Hudbot and the Vista patch?

Edit: Just tested it myself. Both the 1.11 and 1.30 patched worked fine with Hudbot 0.5.18.

Last edited:
Yea, I put the vista patch in a newly downloaded Tribes and it still happened, just to point out, this has been happening since I got vista, but once during a game in Anni, everything went back to normal and I could press all the normal buttons, but after I quit, it went back to this.

So how do I rebind console key? I have two files related to console; console.cs and the console log thing, in the console.cs there are these binds found by searching for 'bind':
bind(keyboard, make, alt, o, to, "messageCanvasDevice(MainWindow, outline);");
bind(keyboard, make, sysreq, to, "screenShot(MainWindow);");
bind(keyboard, make, control, "-", to, "prevRes(MainWindow);");
bind(keyboard, make, control, "+", to, "nextRes(MainWindow);");

Would I have to add a line in there? Or is the bind somewhere else? Thanks for the help :D

Last edited:
Well.Good Job.

Well.Good Job.
COVER_r4_c9.jpg
Do you like it? I Believe those pretty,cute usful floral toolswill attract you. More info of floral garden tools,floral hand tools.

So I just got a new laptop that runs Vista [yuck]. I installed the TWO exe files from NoFix to be able to even open Tribes up (thanks). Its just that the game is super choppy, the sound comes in and out, and its basically unable to function properly. I have no idea if I have hudbot [I installed Tribes 10 years ago] so I don't know if this is the problem or not. Besides the graphics card (ATI RADEON X1200....does that suck?) and hudbot, what else could be the issue?

Someone who has been able to run Tribes well on Vista, would you be opposed to zipping up your folder and sending it to me? Andrew's new hudbot would be cool to have, but isn't essential as long as the game will run.

Please help :( Thanks.

Back